Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

lars.l

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
This is @lars.l this time a small suggestion about the report site

I regularly encounter a problem at the report site.
If I have a report and I want to edit / delete something, you can not. So I thought it was a good idea to delete / edit reports before they are read.and you can the command /report a link to the report site

let us know what you think of it

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016

If I have a report and I want to edit / delete something, you can not. So I thought it was a good idea to delete / edit reports before they are read.and you can the command /report a link to the report site

I still agree with you! but in the past it was abusedand deleted the evidence after reporting...

PhantomPunk

May 14, 2016
Mexico
I think it is the same to make a new report, would not change much if they edit, better make a new one and add new evidence

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
editing maybe
Deleting, no
if you report someone, than they don't end up actually hacking for example, than if they are banned they can appeal
if you made a mistake okay I can understand you editing it but deleting it is just going to cause problems

Reactions: ItsDavey_

Joost.

Feb 15, 2016
a place with good internet :P

Why do you want to delete reports or edit?
Maybe an idea is read your report careful before u click on the report button

Reactions: PhantomPunk

DreamFudge

Jun 1, 2017
Tel Aviv, Israel
www.cubecraft.net
Wouldn't this confuse the people in charge of viewing the reports? Suddenly multiple reports vanish and details change without any notification? I see where you're coming from but i'm not sure that it's convenient.

~ DreamFudge

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I agree with this, It will be much needed and I would love to see this added as I had many problems before. good luck and enjoy the rest of your day :)

I think it is the same to make a new report, would not change much if they edit, better make a new one and add new evidence

Well, that is not true, a lot of people including me have made mistakes doing reports and that destroyed our handled to closed rate. Being able to edit that would have prevented me from posting the wrong link as I could have just posted a new one :)

PhantomPunk

May 14, 2016
Mexico
I agree with this, It will be much needed and I would love to see this added as I had many problems before. good luck and enjoy the rest of your day :)

Well, that is not true, a lot of people including me have made mistakes doing reports and that destroyed our handled to closed rate. Being able to edit that would have prevented me from posting the wrong link as I could have just posted a new one :)

But you can create another one by correcting the error of the previous one and nothing happens, they do not say something to you to create several reports to a player while you try to give evidence

D

Deleted member 169486

There are announcements every 30 minutes showing the report site link! (Not sure if this was suggested before or after that)
But that's every 30 minutes. That doesn't help right now.

Ruben

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2015
Netherlands
This can be abused in many ways, which is why I think it's better to let you create a new report if you did something wrong, rather than spending hours and hours on making an abuse-proof editing system.

Rqbiin

Sep 20, 2015
Sassenheim
there is already a link in the server to go directly to the report forum:
/registerreports or /registerreport

D

Deleted member 169486

there is already a link in the server to go directly to the report forum:
/registerreports or /registerreport
Right but, as a new player is that going to be your first thought? Or will you think of doing /report?

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
But you can create another one by correcting the error of the previous one and nothing happens, they do not say something to you to create several reports to a player while you try to give evidence
Please keep in mind that some people would like to keep their closed reports to a minimum and if they make a mistake it will be closed depending on the mistake they made.

Reactions: PhantomPunk

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
This can be abused in many ways, which is why I think it's better to let you create a new report if you did something wrong, rather than spending hours and hours on making an abuse-proof editing system.
Are you talking about editing/deleting reports or about an ingame report command?
I don't see how editing/deleting reports could be abused. You could only edit/delete it until a moderator looks at it, obviously. Optionally it could get reopened for editing once it is denied. If you delete a valid report that's not really abusing the system in my opinion and it would be even worse if you just delete the video wasting a moderators time. I have accidentially linked the wrong video once and I didn't even notice until the report was denied because currently you can't even watch your own reports. How can this be abused?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.