Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No (Comment why)

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2017
the moon
I dont agree on this because people report to help the server become rulebreaker-friendly (dont know if i said that right) and players shouldnt get rewarded for that because the server doesnt force you to do it is your own decision to report rulebreakers + like giesko said the amount of false reports will most likely increase because people want points.

Steve_PG-=-NL

Novice Member
Oct 8, 2017
The Netherlands
there are only gona be a lot of false reports. and that is just annoying for the staff members. and they dont get money forr it thats why i disagree. and most hackers just get banned by the anti cheat
That's why I say for every succesful report.

I don't know if I agree with this, because too many points
It's a example, it can also be less. Or it can be anything else.

I dont agree on this because people report to help the server become rulebreaker-friendly (dont know if i said that right) and players shouldnt get rewarded for that because the server doesnt force you to do it is your own decision to report rulebreakers + like giesko said the amount of false reports will most likely increase because people want points.
It may turn more people into reporting so the server becomes more friendly.

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
It may turn more people into reporting so the server becomes more friendly.
Or it may get more people into reporting so the server becomes less friendly, with people trying to catch each other out (with for example swearing in party chat or baiting players to get them to team in solo) just to gain the rewards.

With reports for reasons like bullying / targeted chat offences I feel it would be inappropriate to reward the player - the reason they should be reporting is that they feel attacked and threatened; giving a reward kind of makes it seem Cubecraft doesn't take the offence seriously for the protection of the victim but instead normalises the event - if the reporter truly does feel violated then all they should want is for the attacker to be punished and to feel safe on Cubecraft again.

Finally I think a reward system would take the idea of good will out of reports - instead of doing it out of the player's kindness and concern, making reports will generally be seen as for self-gain instead of for the community.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
No, for the following reasons:
-The amount of incorrect reports that would be sent due to people hoping to get rewarded more.
-Staff do reports voluntarily, so an increase in false reports would waste their time which could've been used for more accurate reports. (These reporters don't do it for a reward, so they won't bother trying to report every little suspicious thing)
-Doing good for a server shouldn't necessarily be rewarded. Someone else will do it if you don't.

Zethox

Dec 3, 2016
The Netherlands
Very original idea! You report people to make the Cubecraft server a better place, people who do this should get a small reward! I would say you should be rewarded 1 point, and not experiece, because that shows your ‘stats’ in game. And you should only be rewarded if the report was succesfull (handled)
Keep the good work on :P
+1

Reactions: Steve_PG-=-NL

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
I personally don't agree with this over the time this has been suggested. For one, people could go out for reports. What I mean by that is people can agitate each other to the point where they break a rule. You don't go looking out for reports, punishing people who were just minding their own business, you report players who actually want to do bad to the server. Also, numerous amounts of people will turn in fake reports. This could leave the staff always drowning in reports, trying to fish out the real ones. Lastly, you shouldn't just do something because it rewards you. If you truly believe in something, you should do it even if you do not get a reward in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MarcoPlayzz

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Cool idea, I'd love to see reporters get some type of reward, it has to be thought out well though so none of the things Gainfullterror mentioned will cause a problem.
No, for the following reasons:
-The amount of incorrect reports that would be sent due to people hoping to get rewarded more.
-Staff do reports voluntarily, so an increase in false reports would waste their time which could've been used for more accurate reports. (These reporters don't do it for a reward, so they won't bother trying to report every little suspicious thing)
-Doing good for a server shouldn't necessarily be rewarded. Someone else will do it if you don't.
I really like the idea of a cosmetic reward as you can show it off and it doesn't give you an advantage over others, so maybe we could take all the players who got 200+ reports accepted on the report website and reward them with the hat you were suggesting for example. Then another time this year or next year we could do the same with a new cosmetic for example.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello,

I think it's a good idea to give a reward to people who report rulebreaks.
Example: For every succesful report you get one In-Game point / For 200 succesful reports you get the reporter hat

-Steve
No, I think the reward is that you're making the server a better place!
And if you add vanity for reporters, everybody rush maps to report teamers/hackers.
I don't like this idea, sorry -1.

Steve_PG-=-NL

Novice Member
Oct 8, 2017
The Netherlands
Cool idea, I'd love to see reporters get some type of reward, it has to be thought out well though so none of the things Gainfullterror mentioned will cause a problem.

I really like the idea of a cosmetic reward as you can show it off and it doesn't give you an advantage over others, so maybe we could take all the players who got 200+ reports accepted on the report website and reward them with the hat you were suggesting for example. Then another time this year or next year we could do the same with a new cosmetic for example.
Yeah, that's right. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂