• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
My Idea
Hi! Something I have always wondered, is how the Eggwars scoreboard order is decided. If you didn't know, the scoreboard in Eggwars displays which teams are in the game, as well as the status of their egg or the number of players remaining on each team. The colours on the scoreboard seem to be in an odd order that doesn't really have any meaning. I believe this is on both Bedrock and Java edition, although I am only certain about Bedrock.
For example, in clockwise order on the solos map Robotic, the base order goes: Black, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Dark Blue, Cyan, Light Blue, Purple, Dark Green, Green, Red, Gray. The scoreboard however, displays it as follows: Dark Blue, Dark Green, Cyan, Red, Purple, Orange, Gray, Black, Green, Light Blue, Pink, Yellow.
Eggwars Solo - Robotic (MCO).png
Solo Scoreboard.jpg
This is my suggestion on how to make it better.

How It Currently Works
Currently, the way the scoreboard works, from my experience, is as follows:

- Previously mentioned order to begin the game.
- Even if eggs break, as long as the team hasn't lost any players, the order stays the same.
- As soon as a team loses a player, whether it is from an elimination or they disconnect, they go lower on the board.
- When a team is eliminated, they are completely removed from the side scoreboard.

How I Think It Should Work
In my opinion, this current system doesn't display as much information as it could. This is how I would like to see it work:

- Order of teams is based on which team is beside each other on the map.
- Even when players are eliminated or the entire team is eliminated, keep the team's name on the scoreboard, in the exact same spot.
- Use something like a cross to show that a team has been eliminated.

Potential Benefits
You probably think I'm just finding something to complain about, but I think changing this could have some decent benefits. To list a few:

- While away from their base, players will be able to look at the scoreboard to see if the teams around them are still alive, and determine whether they want to go defend their egg or make a push for another team.
- Players can get a general idea of which team could be a threat, without constantly watching the chat. This way they can decide how they will deal with said team.
- It just looks cleaner in my opinion. Not having teams move up and down, and completely disappearing would look a lot better.

Extra
Something to note is that not all maps have the same colour order for their bases.
For example, the duos map Library is ordered as follows (clockwise): Light Blue, Orange, Red, Green, Yellow Purple. While the duos map Toys is ordered: Light Blue, Dark Green, Pink, Yellow, Red, Gray.
Library.jpg
Toys.jpg
If this change were to happen, not only would the scoreboard order need to change, but the colour of each base on each map would as well. This would keep the order consistent throughout different maps, and eventually, allow players to somewhat memorize where each colour is based on their location in the map.

Conclusion
That is all I have to say. Obviously this is not the most important update the server could do right now, and I understand that the staff team has better ways to spend their time. There is technically nothing wrong with the current scoreboard, I just think it could be improved some time in the future. Let me know what you think!​

Last edited:

_mightykiwi

Mar 14, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
www.zespri.com
How I Think It Should Work
In my opinion, this current system doesn't display as much information as it could. This is how I would like to see it work:

- Order of teams is based on which team is beside each other on the map.
- Even when players are eliminated or the entire team is eliminated, keep the team's name on the scoreboard, in the exact same spot.
- Use something like a cross to show that a team has been eliminated.
Nicely said, this would definitely be more clear and look way better.
Conclusion
That is all I have to say. Obviously this is not the most important update the server could do right now, and I understand that the staff team has better ways to spend their time. There is technically nothing wrong with the current scoreboard, I just think it could be improved some time in the future. Let me know what you think!
I really like the idea but it won't be a "big" change and it's totally not the most necessary.

Reactions: viktorr and qMelonn

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
I understand why you want this, but I disagree. If people want to know which island is next to their base, just look around and remember it. More experienced players know the order without looking.

- When a team is eliminated, they are completely removed from the side scoreboard.
I actually think this is a good thing. It lets you see quickly who's still alive, so no need to change it (in my opinion).
Something to note is that not all bases have the same colour order for their bases.
Assumed you meant "maps" here instead of "bases", I totally agree with this one. All maps with for example 8 islands, should have the same order and colors. This is already is Hypixel Bedwars, and it helps indeed a lot to memorise the order of the teams :).

Reactions: qMelonn

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
Assumed you meant "maps" here instead of "bases"
Yep my bad I was very tired writing this haha. Edited.
If people want to know which island is next to their base, just look around and remember it. More experienced players know the order without looking.
Yes of course more experienced players will know the order, as some do even now with the mixed up colours (including myself) but I think rearranging it would make it easier for players who are a little less experienced but still want to know what is going on around their base.
I actually think this is a good thing. It lets you see quickly who's still alive, so no need to change it (in my opinion).
I think this one just comes down to personal preference. As you mentioned, Hypixel Bedwars has a system like this, and personally I prefer it that way than the current way. It is just opinion based I guess.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :)

Reactions: Egg🥚

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
This idea wouldn't be something people would notice, but something like this can make me feel happy. And what you said, It is cleaner.

+1 for me

Poll?

Reactions: qMelonn

CubecraftSpeedrunning

Novice Member
Feb 12, 2021
I do understand this but to me it does seem a bit pointless as well as unnecessary effort put into such a small and unnoticeable change. However if Devs are willing to implement this it would be good.

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
I do understand this but to me it does seem a bit pointless as well as unnecessary effort put into such a small and unnoticeable change. However if Devs are willing to implement this it would be good.
I agree, hence the last point I made. It is not something that needs to be urgently changed, but something that I think could be worked on in the future.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Old Picture a friend did when I did Roblox videos hahah. I think this thumbnail never got used but I still like this art style:D
20210306_172301.png
Evaluatiefout wrote on Frontlane's profile.
chipi chipi chapa chapa
Frontlane wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom