What should be done to 'the infamous punch bow?'

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
I don't know why no one likes the punch bow: it does require some skill, just a different kind of skill. With a sword, in 1.8 PVP, you need combos to win. With a weapon in 1.9 PVP, you need timing to win. With a Punch I bow, you need a good combo, good timing, good aim, and good positioning.

Reactions: DragonSan

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
I don't know why no one likes the punch bow: it does require some skill, just a different kind of skill. With a sword, in 1.8 PVP, you need combos to win. With a weapon in 1.9 PVP, you need timing to win. With a Punch I bow, you need a good combo, good timing, good aim, and good positioning.
You do realize that this is not what happens most of the time right? You are more likely to find a bow spamming noob. Also if you are good with a bow you can still bow lock withouth the need of the punch bow crutch. Thinking about it more, the normal and power bow require those skills. If anything the punch bow requires less of it since if your enemy is close and you have a punch bow you can just spam them off you unlike the power and normal.

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
You do realize that this is not what happens most of the time right? You are more likely to find a bow spamming noob. Also if you are good with a bow you can still bow lock withouth the need of the punch bow crutch. Thinking about it more, the normal and power bow require those skills. If anything the punch bow requires less of it since if your enemy is close and you have a punch bow you can just spam them off you unlike the power and normal.

If someone with skill uses a shield and a Punch bow against a noob bowspammer, they will win.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
If someone with skill uses a shield and a Punch bow against a noob bowspammer, they will win.
But who in the world buys a shield, honestly? Most likely people will get punch bows at the beginning of the game, lets calculate these costs.
Full iron=20 diamonds
Punch bow=12 diamonds
Diamond sword=12 diamonds
diamond pickaxe=10 diamonds
Shield=30 diamonds
So if you did buy a shield around the time people start having punch bows you would have to use 30 diamonds on a single item instead of full iron armor, and a diamond pickaxe. It also does not help that the shield's durability is bad so after a couple of fights its durability has been shredded.

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere

I useit tomake sure someone is hacking (e.g if someone runs across a bridge, and a punch bow hits them, it will pretty much always hit them off! - There are PLENTY of other ways to distinguish hackers.

Keep the punch bow. It's the only way you win a 1vLobby - Rushing is a much better way to take out an entire team. Take them out before they can gear by speed building and egg breaking.

Punch bow can do lots of thing, not just camping.
With punch bow, I can kill a entire team by shooting them off the island, and I know how to dodge arrows and block arrows, so I seldom get shotted off.-
Rushing is a much better way to take out an entire team. Take them out before they can gear by speed building and egg breaking.

God no, in op eggwars the punch bow is a must as the alternative is gear breaking which is a nightmare with diamond gear and even more so with backup diamond gear also if you want it remived that bad buy a shield, also its only useful for shooting people off if people are camping, then power bows become the priority - Suggestion is only for normal mode.
if its for normal mode, then i really couldn't care less. however, friendly reminder! you DO realise the power bow is almost as OP and annoying right? I mean who doesnt love getting killed over and over again just because there is a bridge camper shooting at you

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

I useit tomake sure someone is hacking (e.g if someone runs across a bridge, and a punch bow hits them, it will pretty much always hit them off! - There are PLENTY of other ways to distinguish hackers.

Keep the punch bow. It's the only way you win a 1vLobby - Rushing is a much better way to take out an entire team. Take them out before they can gear by speed building and egg breaking.

With punch bow, I can kill a entire team by shooting them off the island, and I know how to dodge arrows and block arrows, so I seldom get shotted off.-
Rushing is a much better way to take out an entire team. Take them out before they can gear by speed building and egg breaking.

God no, in op eggwars the punch bow is a must as the alternative is gear breaking which is a nightmare with diamond gear and even more so with backup diamond gear also if you want it remived that bad buy a shield, also its only useful for shooting people off if people are camping, then power bows become the priority - Suggestion is only for normal mode.

Jeez, I realize I went off on a rant here xD if you don't wanna read everything below this, the short version is there are a lot of problems with rushing other bases straight from the start.

I'm still not convinced that getting rid of the punch bow is a good idea, as I've said before 'If it gets removed, I feel like a huge part of eggy would be missing - it's become a big part of the game and many tactics have evolved around it. It also adds a challenge to eggy (you feel so accomplished when you beat a team of camping bowpammers).'

Rushing from the start maybe be a more effective way to take out a team, but not everyone wants to play like that. Most of the time I find if you build a bridge straight from your base to your neighbors, 75% of the time you end up loosing your own egg anyway.

Even if you build a high bridge, the enemy can still sneak behind you, quickly build up to it and use it against you. And your teammates aren't going to be much help because the game has just started - everyone is at the generators or villager so they are distracted, nobody has any decent items and (if you aren't playing with friends) you don't even know if they speak the same language and/or follow what ppl say in chat, so it's not like you can just simply warn them to defend the egg (even if you could type quick enough to do so).

Plus, It's not really fair on your team if their egg is gone because you wanted to rush, especially if they wanted to take things slow and prepare. Some people like to gear up first before they raid a base or try sneaking in to dig the egg, then take out the team from within (which is where the punch bow helps out). Some people like to pick enemies off from range to weaken the team's members first and then run in to attack the egg afterwards.

It's all different playstyles and tactics, which is why if you get rid of the bow the game will feel like its missing something. It won't be boring if you get rid of it, but it will be a lot less challenging, the matches will get repetitive quicker, most of the tactical side of the game will be gone and it won't be that much different to blockwars (I'm not saying blockwars is bad btw, just that eggy needs to stay different from it :p).

Instead of getting rid of the punch bow, why not just raise the price so that it is hard to get, but is still available?

If you read through all that, go get yourself a cookie :3

Last edited:

MEggaNIGGER

Aug 22, 2016
mums car... vroom vroom

I agree!

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net

So are you going to combat my arguments or what? I've not made any of these

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Jeez, I realize I went off on a rant here xD if you don't wanna read everything below this, the short version is there are a lot of problems with rushing other bases straight from the start.

I'm still not convinced that getting rid of the punch bow is a good idea, as I've said before 'If it gets removed, I feel like a huge part of eggy would be missing - it's become a big part of the game and many tactics have evolved around it. It also adds a challenge to eggy (you feel so accomplished when you beat a team of camping bowpammers).'

Rushing from the start maybe be a more effective way to take out a team, but not everyone wants to play like that. Most of the time I find if you build a bridge straight from your base to your neighbors, 75% of the time you end up loosing your own egg anyway.

Even if you build a high bridge, the enemy can still sneak behind you, quickly build up to it and use it against you. And your teammates aren't going to be much help because the game has just started - everyone is at the generators or villager so they are distracted, nobody has any decent items and (if you aren't playing with friends) you don't even know if they speak the same language and/or follow what ppl say in chat, so it's not like you can just simply warn them to defend the egg (even if you could type quick enough to do so).

Plus, It's not really fair on your team if their egg is gone because you wanted to rush, especially if they wanted to take things slow and prepare. Some people like to gear up first before they raid a base or try sneaking in to dig the egg, then take out the team from within (which is where the punch bow helps out). Some people like to pick enemies off from range to weaken the team's members first and then run in to attack the egg afterwards.

It's all different playstyles and tactics, which is why if you get rid of the bow the game will feel like its missing something. It won't be boring if you get rid of it, but it will be a lot less challenging, the matches will get repetitive quicker, most of the tactical side of the game will be gone and it won't be that much different to blockwars (I'm not saying blockwars is bad btw, just that eggy needs to stay different from it :p).

Instead of getting rid of the punch bow, why not just raise the price so that it is hard to get, but is still available?

If you read through all that, go get yourself a cookie :3

Ahmen Brother!

Reactions: DragonSan

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Ahmen Brother!
please do not reply to threads when the last message is older than 2 weeks it is against the rules
@Nikooo

secure-lock-icon-psd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday :D
Reesle wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
JokeKaedee wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Top Bottom