• Cheese pie

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
How many times have you gone to play an epic game of lucky islands and the dragon has spoiled it for you.

10 minutes ago I just won a game because the last 3 other people were killed by the dragon... I did not deserve to win that game. Then about 2 minutes ago (the game after that) I was on a role, ready to win, had all my gear and some how 2 enderdragons appeared hovering above me. They killed about half of the 12 players on that game including me. It literally spoiled the game.

They are a huge nusinace and just make it boring and pointless. It literally takes all the skill element out of the game.

Possible Responses:
"Oh but you can dodge them..." dude you might have fly hacks but I don't, it is pretty much impossible.
"Lucky Islands is about luck..." yes but it's not meant to be a waste of time. It's not all that fun if it's just based on luck.
"It's been there from the beginning, Lucky Islands wouldn't be the same without it..." dude the point of this section is to improve the game, the game is still Lucky Islands without a nusaince like that.

Thank you for your time, tell me what you think. :D
- Firewand

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
upload_2017-2-23_16-37-0.png

Heh, jk : P

Seriously though, do you really find the enderdragon that annoying? I'm probably biased here (for obvious reasons) but I love it when the dragon shows up to the party because:

1) It causes complete and utter chaos and everyone panics at the sight of them xD I love that moment...

2) There's something so satisfying about seeing players get launched across the map at 200mph.

3) It's just a wow factor thing, I mean IT'S A FREAKIN' DRAGON :OOO Must've taken a while to code in too (but don't quote me on that) so if it's removed that work would be wasted :/

"Lucky Islands is about luck..." yes but it's not meant to be a waste of time. It's not all that fun if it's just based on luck.
Like you said it's all about luck, and enderdragons don't come in every game of lucky islands. They are a little common though so a compromise could be to make them a bit rarer to find. Definitely shouldn't remove them though.

"Oh but you can dodge them..." dude you might have fly hacks but I don't, it is pretty much impossible.

I'm not trying to call you a noob or anything, but depending on the map Enderdragon's aren't THAT hard to dodge. Just make sure you keep a close watch on their flight paths as well as your island and the amount of blocks it has still remaining.

It takes a measure of skill, smarts and of course luck to stay alive against the enderdragon - and those 3 things is what Lucky Islands is all about.

In my opinion, there needs to be catastrophically hard things (like dragons) to deal with every once in a while to challenge the players and keep them interested so that it keeps the gameplay fresh and unique, instead of every match being another PVP fight to the death. If the really bad luck items didn't exist, the good luck stuff wouldn't seem so good, so maybe just be thankful next time you pop a block open and you receive iron tools instead of a dragon egg : P

That's just my thoughts on the matter anyways. Keep ma big bro's heart content and let him stay in Lucky in order to hunt down this elusive hug :3

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
@MuteSan lol I cant not love that post. It is literally the best post I have ever seen :p I see what you mean, but when 2 dragons are flying around you cant always see them and I really cant dodge them they have a huge hit box. I have an idea though... what if you don't take any falldamage after getting hit by one. There is still the chance of flying off into the void and you still get the positive of see people shot into the sky but if you get hit there is still a chance of survival if you know what you're doing...

Ps: the spawning of the ender dragon is not actually very hard to code :P

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I have an idea though... what if you don't take any falldamage after getting hit by one. There is still the chance of flying off into the void and you still get the positive of see people shot into the sky but if you get hit there is still a chance of survival if you know what you're doing...
Yeah that could work :D maybe combine that with the following quote too and the dragon would be nerfed quite a bit, which I think is a good compromise.

They are a little common though so a compromise could be to make them a bit rarer to find.

udontknow

Aug 27, 2016
I won a lucky block game with 4 dragons one time. That was a blast. Would be sad to see the dragon go.

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
Enderdragon is one of the best things in the game. That is just my opinion

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
@udontknow I see what you mean but in my opinion winning a game by standing there and doing nothing is not really winning the game at all.
@shamel70 please give more detail on why you have that opinion as I may be able to tweet my proposel to make it more doable.

DaveyDa

Jul 10, 2016
Netherlands
I understand why you would want to have it removed but the thing that i don't like about the dragon is the achievement dragon slayer. It's almost impossible to survive with the dragon and then you even have to frking kill it?!

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I understand why you would want to have it removed but the thing that i don't like about the dragon is the achievement dragon slayer. It's almost impossible to survive with the dragon and then you even have to frking kill it?!
It's possible, but you should have an enchanted bow and arrows bought from the villager. Both of these are hard to get because you need both to have enough ammo (from the villager), the bow (from lucky blocks), and an enchant table somewhere in the map or from a lucky block. Anyway, the dragon adds an extra hazard to the game and forces you to move out of your home island. It's a way for the devs to say, "stop camping and play this differently than playing normal skywars."

Worse thing that can happen is when you spawn the dragon and it sends you flying out of the map.

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
The only way I win when the dragon is in play is by staying at my island and watching everyone at mid die... what do you mean...

sulferflux

Aug 19, 2015
Kepler-22b
I think the enderdragon should stay, as annoying as it is. The game was built with it, the name is Lucky Islands, and it adds an element of chance. This game is designed to be out of your control. The random results you get from doing things tests your ability to improvise and sometimes accept defeat, even if it doesn't seem fair.

Reactions: betty's oldies

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
I know you put "its a game based on luck" as possible responses... but it is xD You can have bad luck, as much as you can have good luck. Without bad things, like the enderdragon its pretty much survival games (in my opinion) but, like suggested above you could reduce the luck of the enderdragon and not implement the fall damage that you do get from an enderdragon. Also, if you're falling into the void and you have a shield wand you could use that :3

Reactions: Firewand

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Good point @xKouhai I didn't think of that. Yeah now I see what you guys are saying with the element of chance but I think the difference with the dragon is that it is 100% element of chance, which sorta makes the game boring, there is no challenge.

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
I know what you mean, but I played lucky islands for like an hour or two earlier and that didn't seem to be the case. There was an enderdragon in a few of the games but it wasn't extremely repetitive and I seemed to have spawned none.

BryanTheBacon

Aug 19, 2016
I mean the game is called lucky islands. The game is based on luck and the enderdragon just adds extra fun. You're opening lucky blocks and then out of nowhere you get blasted. That is the point of lucky islands.

TripleAAA

Mar 6, 2017
The ender-dragon should be removed because you can't win if it is Agro on you. A couple times i thought i was gonna win and someone got the elder-dragon and no matter how many times i shot at it or dodged it, it would target me. Thus i lost the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom