Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
Hello, dear cubecraft teams and other members! I would like to suggest the idea of removing a store from FFA (ability to buy armor, weapons). And I would like to write why:

1. Imbalance
Every kit in FFA was created with a soul and a balance of all abilities and equipment. The ability to buy your own items upsets this wonderful balance. What makes people feel bad. For example, beginners cannot with all their desire to beat a person, with speed, better armor and golden apples.

2. Creates aggression
The store creates a new reason to hate people. People who buy whales are often very toxic and hate everyone around them. This mainly manifests itself only in actions, which is why it is not subject to the report.

3. Takes away interest
For me personally, and for many others who may be able to say in this topic, it becomes much less interesting to play FFA. Because people unite in huge groups, buy the best things for points and kill everyone around without leaving a chance. Because of what any person, even if they are good at PvP, will be in one way or another dismoralised

Conclusion
The store from FFA must be removed. Or removed all weapons / armor from it, and only apples and shields should remain, or nothing...

Yes, there are not many points, but they are very influential. I truly believe that you will pay attention to this problem. Still, FFA is one of the main mini-modes, and requires changes for the better.

ForceWasTaken

Last edited:

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
I personally agree with this since it drastically unbalances the game and to win in a fight against someone who shopped can take multiple people and a lot of effort. I suggest you post a poll so members can vote on this topic!

ItsFadi

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2018
guys do you think all players in cubecraft know how to play?
you want to remove the only thing they can use against pro?
let's give the noobs players chance to kill :)

Jowzi

Jul 2, 2018
Disagree with this, as an experienced 1.7/1.8 pvper and currecntly one of the known Java FFA Community, it's easy to kill someone who uses the shop, shop is also very useful for the newer players.
Only thing that needs to change is the unbreakable armour. Since the abuse is intense.

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
I personally agree with this since it drastically unbalances the game and to win in a fight against someone who shopped can take multiple people and a lot of effort. I suggest you post a poll so members can vote on this topic!
I can't find where's poll in cubecraft forums..

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
guys do you think all players in cubecraft know how to play?
you want to remove the only thing they can use against pro?
let's give the noobs players chance to kill :)

It won't help newbies. Judge for yourself, a beginner has fewer points, but a pro can also buy these items. So it never gives them a chance to win

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
Disagree with this, as an experienced 1.7/1.8 pvper and currecntly one of the known Java FFA Community, it's easy to kill someone who uses the shop, shop is also very useful for the newer players.
Only thing that needs to change is the unbreakable armour. Since the abuse is intense.

You judge only by yourself. And you also need to pay attention to others. Not everyone can beat a person who is well trained and also bought a non-existent kit.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Yes please. Wizards and samauris running around with full diamond is DEFINETLY not how ffa was meant to be played. Those kits are intentionally underpowered when it comes to armor, so the shop is super dumb.
+1

Thanks,
Owl

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Hey!

This is just my opinion, and I know everyone wants a chance to explain theirs. I think removing the shop would definitely make things harder for those who use it a lot, beginners, snipers who need more arrows, etc. Though, the shop could still be changed a little bit without completely removing it.

A few small suggestions would be halving the diamond armour's durability, and enable damage to the armour. This way it can't be abused by anyone.

Another suggestion would be to remove the sharpness III and sharpness II diamond swords, since this also gives a hefty advantage for someone with the basic kit, who cannot afford to purchase anything that has the same power/enchantments.

In replacement of the diamond swords, we could easily replace it with Sharpness II or Sharpness III Iron Swords. This at least gives a slight chance for an experienced PvPer to win a battle using one of the default kits.

Another idea would be to give an increase in how many points everything costs, although this would make it harder for beginner PvPer's to use the shop.

Finally, we could add a cooldown on the shop itself, making it so you can only access it once every 5-10 minutes. This would stop giving people the chance to abuse it as much as they currently do.

These are just my suggestions though, and are not planned or being added into the game mode anytime soon (since I know a lot of people usually think that xD)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 489420

in my opinion in shop u should be able to only buy stuff which are in the kit you use like arrmour in case ur arrmour dies arrows if sniper will run out of them or maybe some potions for wizards but they must be limited in some way plus notch apples this way we can prevent ppl with samurais buying stuff from kit beast or wizards getting dia arrmour

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Honestly, the shop is a double edged sword. On the one hand it helps beginners fight better players as well as letting some classes replenish supplies. On the other hand, it allows better players to absolutely dominate the field, not even giving beginners a chance as well as creating far more aggression and toxicity against players who do use the shop.

Personally, I feel like in the current state it's better to have the shop removed than kept. The only reasons for keeping it so far that have been given is that it helps beginners, and helps give supplies to classes which have limited items like archers and wizards.
Firstly, the items in the shop cost points. This automatically makes it very difficult for beginner players to even use the items in the shop as most players won't have the points to be buying armour every time they play the game. This limitation even makes it easier as the better players will have more points, meaning that if anyone is going to be able to get armour more - it's the players who need it the least.
Secondly, as far as I'm aware there are are only 2 items that are limited in the kits - potions and arrows. Both of these, I can see the purpose of adding into the shop somewhat but there are also other ways of enabling players to restock on supplies. One example would be to reward some arrows/potions on kill, which would enable players to keep going if they aren't just wasting their arrows.

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
Guys & Girls I really don't understand why y'all saying like it "helps beginners fight better players as well". Beginners don't have enough points to buy stuff! Only if this beginner is beginner only at PvP...

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
Guys & Girls what about beginners. I also was a beginner, and it is not so hard as y'all saying. Because on FFA play not only pros. There're a lot of chances to train even if you know only how to spam-click. And after all, beginners can try to type in chat message like "I am beginner in the PvP, can someone teach me?". Personally, I would help such a person, and have already helped 2 times.

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
Secondly, as far as I'm aware there are are only 2 items that are limited in the kits - potions and arrows. Both of these, I can see the purpose of adding into the shop somewhat but there are also other ways of enabling players to restock on supplies. One example would be to reward some arrows/potions on kill, which would enable players to keep going if they aren't just wasting their arrows.
I agree

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hi!

I think that removing the shop is not something I would like to see, even though it brings more bad things than good things it is still a part of FFA and it's still fun to use sometimes.

The shop is a thing that has been there for quite a long time and I don't think it should get removed. However, I think that the shop needs to be revamped so it does not give you that much of an advantage anymore. People buy diamond leggings, a diamond helmet and a sharpness III sword + the samurai kit so they will have speed and very strong armoury, I feel like this is unfair and I personally think we have to do something about it. If you have any suggestions about revamping the shop then please let me know and I will edit my message :)

Little note : Try to keep messages combined or edit your messages so you will not have 6 messages about the same things, and to refrain from message farming :)

Last edited:

FiredMercury21

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2020
Hello, dear cubecraft teams and other members! I would like to suggest the idea of removing a store from FFA (ability to buy armor, weapons). And I would like to write why:

1. Imbalance
Every kit in FFA was created with a soul and a balance of all abilities and equipment. The ability to buy your own items upsets this wonderful balance. What makes people feel bad. For example, beginners cannot with all their desire to beat a person, with speed, better armor and golden apples.

2. Creates aggression
The store creates a new reason to hate people. People who buy whales are often very toxic and hate everyone around them. This mainly manifests itself only in actions, which is why it is not subject to the report.

3. Takes away interest
For me personally, and for many others who may be able to say in this topic, it becomes much less interesting to play FFA. Because people unite in huge groups, buy the best things for points and kill everyone around without leaving a chance. Because of what any person, even if they are good at PvP, will be in one way or another dismoralised

Conclusion
The store from FFA must be removed. Or removed all weapons / armor from it, and only apples and shields should remain, or nothing...

Yes, there are not many points, but they are very influential. I truly believe that you will pay attention to this problem. Still, FFA is one of the main mini-modes, and requires changes for the better.

ForceWasTaken
Hi!

I think that removing the shop is not something I would like to see, even though it brings more bad things than good things it is still a part of FFA and it's still fun to use sometimes.

The shop is a thing that has been there for quite a long time and I don't think it should get removed. However, I think that the shop needs to be revamped so it does not give you that much of an advantage anymore. People buy diamond leggings, a diamond helmet and a sharpness III sword + the samurai kit so they will have speed and very strong armoury, I feel like this is unfair and I personally think we have to do something about it. If you have any suggestions about revamping the shop then please let me know and I will edit my message :)

Little note : Try to keep messages combined or edit your messages so you will not have 6 messages the same things, and to refrain from message farming :)
Nice idea

axinater

Aug 19, 2020
UK

1. Imbalance

2. Creates aggression

3. Takes away interest

Conclusion

ForceWasTaken
I totally agree with this it does create in balance but I still think you should get some rewards which don’t give you a pvp advantage

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I totally agree with this it does create in balance but I still think you should get some rewards which don’t give you a pvp advantage
Please don´t necropost, this is replying to threads which have been inactive for over more than 3 weeks, they are not allowed to be revived!

-Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom