Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the cat be removed, nerfed or untouched?

• Total voters

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
The cats in lucky islands are legit, way to overpowered. If you want them gone or not, i think everyone can agree their overpowered as heck.

There's no effective counter against them either, building up 2 blocks goes to slow, because the cat can block your block from placing or knock you off the first block because it is wicked fast. The cat is faster then you are, and deals an INSANE amount of damage. The cat is also very hard to hit, because it is so fast.

The only counter i can think off is very good armor, but you don't have that every game.

A good nerf would be reducing the speed enough that it's no longer as fast as player, or reducing the damage. This will make the cat more of an irritation factor then an actual weapon, because it will constantly hit you and you can get distracted mid fight. Making it harder to get will NOT fix the problem, since you will still have to fight cats, just less occesionally.

Nerfs suggested by comments:
-Make the cat instantly sit after the owner dies.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I think a nerf should be that they sit straight after there owner dies they continue for like 15 seconds after there owner dies I'm pretty sure it's even a bug bcs dogs sit straight after the owner dies

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
I think a nerf should be that they sit straight after there owner dies they continue for like 15 seconds after there owner dies I'm pretty sure it's even a bug bcs dogs sit straight after the owner dies
That would also be a very good nerf.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I see where you're coming from, but imo things like the fire sword or automatic bow can be a lot more powerful. A diamond sword can one hit a cat, and the speed of the cat is honestly hilarious and adds to the fun, no sweat nature that i feel like lucky should have.

• Disagree
Reactions: Matriox

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
I have been playing quite a lot of Lucky Islands recently, and must say I have not had any major issues with the cats. Usually, when I see a player has a cat, I either find a way to kill the cat first or improvise a way to kill the owner without getting close to the cat. Just like a lot of other features in this game (and other games), it all comes down to strategies and as the name suggests, luck. I personally do not have any issues with the cats and don't think they need to be changed. As mentioned above, there are other items more overpowered than the cat.

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
I see where you're coming from, but imo things like the fire sword or automatic bow can be a lot more powerful. A diamond sword can one hit a cat, and the speed of the cat is honestly hilarious and adds to the fun, no sweat nature that i feel like lucky should have.
I have also made a petittion to remove automatic bows, but noone agreed with me either.

Reactions: Deann

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I have also made a petittion to remove automatic bows, but noone agreed with me either.
I can get away from an auto bow way easier than a cat and the fact that cats live after there owner dies and can still kill doesn't make sense at all. The cats life should die with the owner that is when that pair have died just like a dog

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
I hope we do not get a repeat of what happened in February when it comes to updates. I hope the EggWars update is prioritized first.
Context: Lunar event released before EggWars Perks update, both in February, and now we have Summer event and EggWars update in development.
GiGaGekkies wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday
this is an archive of the alt i managed to sneak into the hive forums so i can continue publishing stories

this is where i started using the desiderata name

1716045590630.png
Eli wrote on marijuli2004's profile.
Thank you for the follow ❤️
Top Bottom