Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
In the middle of the map there are many golden blocks. So if it's basic, someone can make an enchanted golden apple in the middle and some normal golden apples. Which means that the person does not bother and wins immediately :(
That's exactly what the gold (and apples in chests) is for. And you aren't unable to win. Just hit/shoot the player off when they're near the edge. It does not mean you instantly lose and they win. With some handy tactics for luring someone to the edge, you're easily able to do that. A lot of effort has been put in the map, so removing it all of a sudden without a good reason is just not an option.

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I personally don't like this map either, also because when basic there are diamond blocks in sub-mid and most people make diamond armor. I had a fight a few months ago with someone who turned the gold blocks all into gapples, it was impossible for me to win with him having so many gapples. That's why I usually don't play this map, but I don't think it should be removed since others may still like it.

Reactions: MrTommy

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Skywars is the type of game where nothing is guaranteed
A lot of dirty little tricks can be used on this map, because it has a lot of spots where you can hide from others/trap them with lava and so on.
Think for a bit like that.-Is every game on the map pirates ,,abused” by a player who got the diamond blocks?-No, and they don’t win always as well.
I think everything in the map flowers is absolutely fine like it is now.

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
I'm not gonna say I hate this map, but when I join that map I see a bunch of people leave the map!
I'm not saying to remove it, maybe do an upgraded version of it just a tip for in the future! :)

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
The map could do some edits or if it's too much, remove it. But you're wanting to remove it for the incorrect reasons. Mid is horrible to fight on because it's so obstaculized and it usually burns down or ends up covered in lava. The starter islands are the only ones with decent space to PvP in. And the sub mids have these towers that usually always end up in someone camping at the top. In my opinion it's not the smoothest map to play in. Though what's the point of removing a map because of some gold blocks? Every little unique detail a map has just makes it play differently, and that's what makes games like SkyWars so interesting. Every map makes you change the way you play, and adapt to what you're given and to what the map offers.

So I say no to removing it, no to removing the gold. Yes to editting basically everything else.

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
I personally like the map and the playstyle on it, however, I agree on this. The golden blocks are definitely way too OP and unbalanced for Basic...
I would be up for removing the gold blocks in middle, but not really changing anything else about the map itself.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't want it removed / edited for the reasons you listed, but like Eli said there are much better things that could be edited within the map, including the buildings, pvp space, etc. Big no from me. With the exception they change other things besides what you suggested.

I personally like the map and the playstyle on it, however, I agree on this. The golden blocks are definitely way too OP and unbalanced for Basic...
I would be up for removing the gold blocks in middle, but not really changing anything else about the map itself.

It's not OP if it's fair game for anyone to grab right away. Just like any other map with blocks like that.

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
I like that map so I dont think it should be removed but maybe it wouldn't be bad to remove it if almost nobody likes it. I agree that the gold blocks should be removed. If someone gets the golden blocks (what actually rarely happens) it means a guaranteed win for that person.

summurai

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2017
België
My personal opinion stays with the fact that I either don't like the map. I just think their is no need to delete the map because there are also players who like to play this map.

I recommend to leave that map everytime you join and just join another one. There are more then enough maps to join!

D

Deleted member 469419

Personally I don't absolutely nothing like this map. The map itself is beautiful but It don't designed for the PvP.

The islands are quite much separated so make difficult to use rush strategies. You cannot quick attack.

The mid islands are quite blocked with a lot of stuff.

And the mid, it's blocked too so make a bit difficult to fighting in it.

So in my opinion, it would be nice to remove it.

hexxomc

Aug 12, 2018
In the middle of the map there are many golden blocks. So if it's basic, someone can make an enchanted golden apple in the middle and some normal golden apples. Which means that the person does not bother and wins immediately :(
Yes its bad map

D

Deleted member 511644

(Sorry if this is reviving inactive threads with @hexxomc)

There are a few reasons I don't really like this map:

- As mentioned above, it is possible to make god apples with the gold blocks, and in basic you can get super OP by mining the diamonds on the islands around the middle of the map, enchanting it and destroy the whole game, and as said above here, you can hit the players off, the player that owns the gear and the god apple(s) can make a bridge with walls around it, and at this point you're screwed with a enchanted chain set and a stone sword kit.

- There is not really much place to PvP on, the islands are really small, like as the middle of the map is really a mess.

If those 2 things can be fixed in the maps, I would enjoy it alot more to actually play in it, because now, if I get in the map by a random select, I leave because you can't really have a good play.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I like the map so I don't think it should be removed. I like the golden apples because it is different that the other maps :). So I disagree.

Scryptize

Nov 15, 2015
I like the map, but I do agree that the middle island should get a little revamp. You can barely fight, because of all the tight spaces, and the bridge connecting to mid is already there. (Super) Golden apples however do not guarantee you the win, but it does give the player a major advantage. I'm more a fan of a flatter middle island, with chests spread across and enough room to fight, without relying too much on knockback.

This is just my opinion, but if you want to take this into consideration, go for it.

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
It doesn't need to be removed, I want some updates for the map!
It is not bad at all to play on the map.

Just my own opinion.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom