Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do YOU want CO-OP?

• Total voters

pNamali

Oct 19, 2017
  • Remove "Lightning Mode" and "Survival Mode" because no one plays that, lets be honest.
  • Add a new boss mode similar to wither; however, flying type (Ender Dragon, Elder Guardian)
  • Add 2v2 or 4v4 party mode
  • Add co-op mode: limit of 4 players
    • Co-Op mode means that there is no team vs team. It's a mode where 4 players "cooperate" or work together to fight against auto-generated mobs AND mobs that they personally send themselves. The goal is to basically learn how to play (how to place and space towers since you have limited space).
    • Each player defends their own lane. (4 lanes)
      • This teaches newer players how to play, and which towers are good for certain mobs.
    • auto-generated mobs starting from easy-difficult (regular zombies, spiders, invis spiders, skeletons, pigmen, creepers, witches, blazes, magma, giant, etc)
    • players can still send mobs to themselves, however, it would be auto-genereated to all mob spawners
      • Armageddon mode: fight against horde
      • Map design: (from The Chunk)
        • Suggestion: Add 5x5 tower spots, and especially one in the center for leach
      • rsz_12image0.png

• Reference:
      • Here’s another similar type of map:

Last edited:

iLxgend

Nov 17, 2019
I love some of your ideas but I do have to say that Lightning and Survival mode both play a part in Tower Defense. If there were no ranked players in the game to vote for certain things, a random Armageddon will happen, and having that 1/3 chance for a gamemode is better than have a 1/2 since there would be less options. Survival as well is actually pretty functional, certain players like myself use it as a strategy on certain maps that might be very long, or very short. All in all both do actually contribute towards the game itself.

Secondly, I'd like to say that having smaller games like 2v2s, 3v3s, 4v4s, etc would actually be beneficial, however, I don't think the player base is big enough to make games start quickly. Games like skyways and eggwars have the popularity to start games where players choose what they want, ex: Solo, Teams. There would have to be a selection menu in the hub npc for Tower Defense because you shouldn't be able to select it in the waiting lobby for a game. I might be wrong here, but this is just what I see would happen.

Third, your map that you have come up with is a fantastic idea, but I do think there needs to be more tower spaces towards the middle, not much, but some. Also, I do kind of want to see your map with the gridded pattern in the tower spaces, as well as a few 5x5 spaces spread out around the map.
Thank you for this wonderful idea list!

pNamali

Oct 19, 2017
I love some of your ideas but I do have to say that Lightning and Survival mode both play a part in Tower Defense. If there were no ranked players in the game to vote for certain things, a random Armageddon will happen, and having that 1/3 chance for a gamemode is better than have a 1/2 since there would be less options. Survival as well is actually pretty functional, certain players like myself use it as a strategy on certain maps that might be very long, or very short. All in all both do actually contribute towards the game itself.

Secondly, I'd like to say that having smaller games like 2v2s, 3v3s, 4v4s, etc would actually be beneficial, however, I don't think the player base is big enough to make games start quickly. Games like skyways and eggwars have the popularity to start games where players choose what they want, ex: Solo, Teams. There would have to be a selection menu in the hub npc for Tower Defense because you shouldn't be able to select it in the waiting lobby for a game. I might be wrong here, but this is just what I see would happen.

Third, your map that you have come up with is a fantastic idea, but I do think there needs to be more tower spaces towards the middle, not much, but some. Also, I do kind of want to see your map with the gridded pattern in the tower spaces, as well as a few 5x5 spaces spread out around the map.
Thank you for this wonderful idea list!
Thanks for your response!

For non-ranked players, Lightning Mode is the most annoying one because lets say it is normal income and you don't have many maxed towers yet. So, you are really counting on whatever towers you can place (which means placing a lot of lower tiered towers). Plus, it's hard to place a lot and upgrade them all since goldmine upgrades are slower in normal income. Lightning mode comes along and your towers that you took so long to make and upgrade get destroyed. I absolutely hated that because in normal income mode, Lightning Armageddon really made me feel like I wasted my time. I understand that the intent of these Armageddon modes are to force players to attack so that there won't be a stalemate. However, Lightning Mode is one of the main reasons I purchased a rank just so I wouldn't go through losing towers and wasting my time.

For Survival Mode, I'm going to be pretty brutal. This mode is actually a HUGE mistake. I believe the developers wanted to create a similar mode to Co-Op (from the old td server, The Chunk) where mobs were auto-generated. However, this mode is whoever sends blazes first wins because it's difficult to defend against. Blazes are sent early on since there are auto generated witches. And if players know how to defend against blazes, then it becomes a stalemate. I've played against ranked party abusers who use survival mode to get fast easy wins because they share money and send blazes and witches very early (even before you get 1000 exp).

So in conclusion, these modes aren't fun and forced me personally to buy ranked so that I can avoid them. I'm sure many players agree with me because many complain when someone wants one of these modes. Heck, I wonder if there are statistics for which modes are played so we can get a better understanding of how to make td more balanced and enjoyable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we can all agree that sometimes your teammates are your own enemies. Misplacing towers, claiming spots and never upgrading, spamming mage, etc. No matter how many tutorials are out there and polite words you tell your teammate to fix their towers, it won't change because you can't force people to play a certain way. 2v2 or 4v4 or partiers to avoid this.

To improve this suggestion, make it so it won't be an exclusive mode such as in egg wars and skywars. If there is a party joining, their team is closed off against the rest of the other 6 players that potentially join. And to make it fair, parties can only join with 2, 3, or 4. Or else if 6 party joins, game won't start until it's a full 6v4, 6v5, or 6v6. Maybe there can be a command that partiers can type to choose to play in party-only-mode game, where their team is closed off from others joining.

So in conclusion, a party-only-mode where parties choose to play against up to a full other 6 random players or another party.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the Co-Op mode, I should've explained it better. Co-Op mode means that there is no team vs team. It's a mode where 4 players "cooperate" or work together to fight against auto-generated mobs AND mobs that they personally send themselves. The goal is to basically learn how to play (how to place and space towers since you have limited space).

It may look like the map is small, but it's pretty huge since mobs go twice around in the center. Also, your suggestion to add 5x5 towers is great! Possibly one in center so that leach could be placed.

iLxgend

Nov 17, 2019
I think we can all agree that sometimes your teammates are your own enemies. Misplacing towers, claiming spots and never upgrading, spamming mage, etc. No matter how many tutorials are out there and polite words you tell your teammate to fix their towers, it won't change because you can't force people to play a certain way. 2v2 or 4v4 or partiers to avoid this.

To improve this suggestion, make it so it won't be an exclusive mode such as in egg wars and skywars. If there is a party joining, their team is closed off against the rest of the other 6 players that potentially join. And to make it fair, parties can only join with 2, 3, or 4. Or else if 6 party joins, game won't start until it's a full 6v4, 6v5, or 6v6. Maybe there can be a command that partiers can type to choose to play in party-only-mode game, where their team is closed off from others joining.

So in conclusion, a party-only-mode where parties choose to play against up to a full other 6 random players or another party.

Personally, to solve this issue I think the development team here on CubeCraft needs to install a system that prevents players from placing towers that would contradict the way of playing the game.

For example, a new player who joins and doesn't understand how to play, sees others placing towers and figure it out, next thing you know they place a archer between two 5x5 spaces.

My idea to solve this on going problem involves a simple system, or at least simple in my head:
1. In the menu for placing towers, the information about the tower needs to have a sigh somewhere that says how big the tower is: Leach Tower [5x5] -+- Artillery Tower [3x3]
2. This is the important part... When placing a tower, the tower placed will always center itself on the square nearest to it. For example, if you would try to place a 3x3 tower in a area that would cover 4 3x3 spaces, it will auto correct into the square that it had the most blocks in so that it looks like it was never placed wrong in the first place. This goes for both 3x3s and 5x5s
3. Lastly, 3x3s shall not be placed in 5x5s and 5x5s shall not be placed in bigger 3x3 tower areas. If a player has even just one edge of a tower in a spot that it shouldn't be in (such as a 3x3 in a 5x5), the game will not allow placement of the tower and in chat say that the tower cannot be placed there.

Last edited:

soysuva

Apr 3, 2016
I like to play LIghting mode.Sorry but its no from me
You're voting no on the wrong question for the poll. The poll was for an addition of CO-OP to be added (note: CO-OP is not a team vs team game, but a game for players to all work together to survive endless horde). The poll never mentioned for lightning to be removed. If you don't like the idea, just post your opinion in this thread instead of voting on a question you don't understand.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom