Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

F?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Indeed, you've just proven that your argument doesn't make any sense at all.
A little graph to make my point easier to understand:
Explanation.png

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
I never said that blocking the letter is the reason for that, I just said, that back when it was not blocked, we didn't lose players
How can you tell? Perhaps we grew overall, but could've missed out/lost on some (younger) kids (or parents) that don't want to see that kind of chat behaviour.
I also said: "More people will leave because of the swearing this character brings along than.." perhaps we are losing players overall, but I was talking about the players we are losing/missing out on by not blocking 'f'.

Reactions: Gaaabb

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
more people would like it unblocked.
Perhaps they would like to see it unblocked, but I doubt that that will be a reason for anyone to leave.
It might be annoying in scenarios where you are tying to say 'f add me', but 90%+ of the blocked 'f' words aren't being used in that way (unfortunately).

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
rant
Perhaps they would like to see it unblocked, but I doubt that that will be a reason for anyone to leave.
As soon as lowpixel has a 1.9 gamemode pvp kinda thing and this idiotic chatfilter is still here, im outta here. Cube is shooting itself in the foot with the "official minecraft partner" stuff. I suspect it will be just as successful as realms.

Also, if those guys owning minecraft now really didn't want players to swear, why limit it to partnered servers? Why not throw in a chatfilter in the next update? Because they know it's gonna ruin their game if they do.
I've started playing more on MC Central since the chat update, and would play HeliosGaming if there were any players on it.
Btw don't play on those servers.
Agreed. These days the only reason I play cubecraft is because its 1.9, at this rate as soon as another big server adds 1.9 pvp I'll probably be there faster than the chat filter blocks out the word "noob"

------------------------
This isn't just about the letter F, it's about the entire thing. It only causes annoyances. If people want to swear, they'll find a way. The current chatfilter has plenty of ways around it. Instead of "L", players will just say "eL". Instead of "ez", players will just say "easy". What do you wanna do about that? Make the problem even worse by blocking those words as well? It won't fudgen work. It's adding 1 extra step to players swearing at best and infuriating at worst. This is even worse in party chat, where for instance people want you to post a link, but you can't because the chatfilter blocks it, and the staff is also not open for alternatives such as a toggleble option, all because we're an "official minecraft partner" (again, if minecraft really wanted to be kid-friendly they would've put in a chatfilter on the entire game). That's what this is all about isn't it? The "official minecraft partners"?.

Defending the official minecraft partnership is like defending the spade of which you're digging your own grave with.

/rant

D

Deleted member 169486

What has this world come to where players can't say the letter 'f' because some people use it badly. By that logic we need to block every character because someone somewhere will find a way.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
What has this world come to where players can't say the letter 'f' because some people use it badly. By that logic we need to block every character because someone somewhere will find a way.
Or just make it mutable to talk in chat at all. Or just remove it entirely. You can't swear in chat if there is no chat ya know.
pls no impact meme

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Not at all, the 'f' just has a very high percentage of being used in a forbidden way.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
I'm blind lol didn't see the conclusion.
But on topic: Cubecraft never lost players when they removed the word f (like you said), and I don't see any thing wrong that they removed the word f. Its not like you are going to spam the word F in chat.
btw i'm new to this thread so don't judge me pls ty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Matriox wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🕺
Top Bottom