Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I don't know why the custom crafting recipe for enchanted golden apples in Skywars was added, but I think it was a pretty bad idea in the first place for two reasons.

1. It's confusing for new players that don't know about the mechanic and it's not explained anywhere in game.

2. It's very unbalanced. On most maps that have golden blocks they are all on the mid island. So the first player to get there has a huge advantage in any fight.

If it was a vanilla mechanic I'd be ok with it, but adding the recipe actually makes the game worse so it should be removed.

I agree, a notch apple can give you a huge advantage over your opponent regardless of his/her skills. It's really hard to beat someone with notch apples even if you are 3 times better at pvp than he or she is. It can make a game take ages and the team/player who arrived at mid first usually wins.
This is unfair.
Definitely agree +1

Reactions: Maaarijn
D

Deleted member 309509

I dont agree with this because, you can just run or fight until the enemy fall in the void.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
2. It's very unbalanced. On most maps that have golden blocks they are all on the mid island. So the first player to get there has a huge advantage in any fight.
I wouldn't call it an advantage, I'd call it a victory. @-EPT and I made ten god snapples between us yesterday, lmao. Support, makes the rush for middle a necessity when it shouldn't be.

D

Deleted member 100818

If this was in solo skywars then it whould be removed because it's basicly too OP but I don't believe that's the case here. You're talking about team skywars and I know it might be OP and I know newbies don't know it yet but you've got a whole team which could just focus that one guy with the notch or just run away until his abilities from the notch are completly gone. So it night not be fair to the new people but that could easily be fixed by just putting tht message in the info by skywars. So I understand how you feel and why you think it should be removed but for me it's a -1

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Honestly its not that bad. either be the first to middle which is meant to be a huge advantage, or lets you. you are on floating islands, use a few clever moves and get in position to knock them off. not even a notch apple can save them from that :p

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Honestly its not that bad. either be the first to middle which is meant to be a huge advantage, or lets you. you are on floating islands, use a few clever moves and get in position to knock them off. not even a notch apple can save them from that :p
Is it meant to be a huge advantage? I don't want it to be, the thing I enjoy most about skywars here are the decently long fights with equal gear. On another server I played on the chests at mid contain diamond gear while other chests only have iron gear. In my opinion the gameplay there is terrible making the game a rush to mid with very short auninteresting fights.

On trees for example, you can not only make one enchanted golden apple, but probably get an entire team of 6 players 2 apples each.
I don't think they completely break the game, but they don't make the game better so I don't think the vanilla mechanics should be changed this way.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Is it meant to be a huge advantage? I don't want it to be, the thing I enjoy most about skywars here are the decently long fights with equal gear. On another server I played on the chests at mid contain diamond gear while other chests only have iron gear. In my opinion the gameplay there is terrible making the game a rush to mid with very short auninteresting fights.

On trees for example, you can not only make one enchanted golden apple, but probably get an entire team of 6 players 2 apples each.
I don't think they completely break the game, but they don't make the game better so I don't think the vanilla mechanics should be changed this way.

They most likely have it there for people transferring over from 1.8 pvp where it is vanilla and common. Plus they like to keep the versions as similar as they can (obviously with different combat timings though) Besides. as I said, you can still boop them off the edge.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

WorriedSkate940 wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy birthday!!
i had airpods on and the song was too good i didnt hear the employee yelling at me
Thank you all for these amazing birthday wishes!

They mean a lot to me! ❤️

I wish you all, already a great weekend!
Felt silly so I made a chibi character

1715280054424.png
Top Bottom