Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
Hello there.

I hate bow spam, especially is Eggwars and Skywars. My suggestion is remove bow spam.

How to remove bow spam?

I would say 5 arrows per 10 seconds, if you think I'm wrong then leave your ideas.
I know that cubecraft can do this because in any lobby and you get the firework bow and start shooting and this happens
Bow spam.png

Very short thread! Sorry :)
Thanks!

-Mark <3

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
-1 just let the noobs make it obvious they're noobs by letting them rapid fire arrows with no charge at close range. Just learn to strafe, its quite eZ to overcome.
Btw my life isn't sad, if I want an opinion different from yours let me do so.
Give me your ideas! It really helps! :) :p
You're so desperate for feedback you bumped the thread 1 minute after creating it?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
-1 just let the noobs make it obvious they're noobs by letting them rapid-fire arrows with no charge at close range. Just learn to strafe, it's quite eZ to overcome.
Btw my life isn't sad if I want an opinion different from yours to let me do so.

You're so desperate for the feedback you bumped the thread 1 minute after creating it?

Dude that's not ok.
Don't be rude to people.
If you were so desperate for another message you would notice she is talking about the bow in the lobby.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Nope!
No matter how much you hate bow spamming, it's just a tactic to win a fight.
Like it or not, it shouldn't be removed just because you don't like it.

Bow spamming isn't even that great to be honest. There's plenty of ways around it, like:
-Placing blocks behind you
-Strafe
-Make walls to block the arrows
-etc.
Blocking bow spamming would be blocking a vanilla minecraft mechanic, which would end up causing inconvenience for many players that want to stick with vanilla based gameplay (mechanic-wise). This might even be inconvenient for those who aren't even bow spamming under our terms, but just shooting at a bridge from afar or something. In that case, the anti-bow spam would be extremely frustrating for the archers as the cool down is messing with them outside of bow spam.

In short: Let them bow spam. It's a vanilla thing, so blocking it would be inconvenient & could actually mess with players outside of our definition of bow spamming.

D

Deleted member 169486

Good or not, it's a tactic. Part of being good is knowing how to work around that.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Dude that's not ok.
Don't be rude to people.
Anyone who isn't a noob would put charge on the bow from close range. You could be a pro but bowspam and that would make you a noob. Also if you're talking about the last part of my post, there's not a single mention in the rules of anything relevant to call outs. Here's what I was talking about in that part:
2017-10-12-23-50-13.png

If you were so desperate for another message you would notice she is talking about the bow in the lobby.
The firework bow was only being used as proof that this idea can be implemented. If you read the OP properly, you'd see it says in eggwars and skywars, where you actually use bows to damage players.
I hate bow spam, especially is Eggwars and Skywars. My suggestion is remove bow spam.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Anyone who isn't a noob would put charge on the bow from close range. You could be a pro but bowspam and that would make you a noob.
In my experience bow spamming is more effective than sword spamming. Sword spamming is pretty much never a good idea. Your opponent will do more damage to you than you do to him. But bow spamming can work to keep your opponent at a distance, even if it doesn't deal that much damage.

I'd actually like to have a warning shown to people spam clicking with swords. It is rather boring to play against players that deal minimal damage. But while bow spamming is often not the best idea, I think it's effective enough to be a valid strategy. I have killed players with bow spamming when they had way better armor than me but didn't get a shield. If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
I hate bow spamming and all but I think it's a tactic and it should not be removed

QuietOnions

Sep 13, 2017
No because when you actually need the bow your not gonna have it lol it would mean getting rid of bows themselves lol

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Honestly, there isn't a way around this. Bow spamming is a tactic. It is used by both players that are not as skilled, and also skilled players. Everyone here who claims, or just thinks they're a pro, has bow spammed before, and they know it. You can't even deny you have. There are ways to prevent getting hit by bow spamming, such as...
  • Building walls to not get hit.
  • Speed build, and/or towering. (Not camping, I call it towering)
  • Strafes.
  • Building barriers behind you.
  • Leave the game, or going for someone else.
Bow spamming cannot be stopped. Again, it is a tactic. Yes, it is annoying. Yes, people claim only 'noobs' use this. Yet, everyone else does, too, in desperate times in games. So, this is a -1 vote from me.
And btw, my life isn't sad for disagreeing. <3

Reactions: Lilleh__

Hoebelpro

Novice Member
Jun 26, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
pls add that!!! i get every time blamed for bow spamming when i shoot someone off using 3 arrows, i get this every time: NOOB BOWSPAMMERRR!!! CANT PVP NOOB i believe when we add this the bowspamming stops and the salty ones too or atleast we could inform them about the antibowspam.
and extra usually the rankers are the salty ones

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016
Hello there.

How to remove bow spam?

I would say 5 arrows per 10 seconds, if you think I'm wrong then leave your ideas.
I know that cubecraft can do this because in any lobby and you get the firework bow and start shooting and this happensView attachment 138586

Very short thread! Sorry :)
Thanks!

-Mark <3
I say no...

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Honestly, there isn't a way around this. Bow spamming is a tactic. It is used by both players that are not as skilled, and also skilled players. Everyone here who claims, or just thinks they're a pro, has bow spammed before, and they know it. You can't even deny you have.
I still bow spam regularly to get rid of less Skilled players. It's much easier that way instead of wasting my armor and sword's durabilty.

Reactions: CyberAutumn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Old Picture a friend did when I did Roblox videos hahah. I think this thumbnail never got used but I still like this art style:D
20210306_172301.png
Evaluatiefout wrote on Frontlane's profile.
chipi chipi chapa chapa
Frontlane wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom