• Yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Erwin's

Sep 24, 2016
Hey guys

My internet crash af few times in a hour.
Thats why i can't play a game of CubeCraft
Can CubeCraft please make an option that you can rejoin the game while crashing?

Reactions: Despacito 2

alvarozeus1

Sep 5, 2015
Well, not a bad idea at all. It is used in other servers (where i think you took the idea) and it is perfect for people who have a unstable internet connection. But you have to keep in mind that people could just leave game for a few seconds in order to hide from enemy team, you know? They are breaking your egg and they have better armor, so you just leave and wait a bit so they leave. Thats the bad thing, but i could say is a good suggestion!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hey guys

Can CubeCraft please make an option that you can rejoin the game while crashing?
There's a similar thread about this https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/rejoining.202729/
As I said on that thread, there should exist some "safe zones", a safe zone is a 40 block radius with no enemies, and the player hasn't been attacked for a minute. If a player leaves while on a safe zone, the player is able to rejoin but, if the player leaves while not on a safe zone, the player gets eliminated from the game instantly.

Erwin's

Sep 24, 2016
We can do that you only can relog while your egg is alive in Eggwars.
While nobody is in a radius from 100 blocks in UHC.
For Skywars i dont have an idea.
Survivalgames the same as UHC.
Minerware dont i have an idea tho.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
This sounds very, VERY easy to abuse.

"Uh oh, my egg broke and I have no armor and there's a team right behind me. I have an idea!"
*logs out, logs back in 45 seconds later*

There's really no way for us to know if you actually crashed or you just logged out. This is gonna be a no from me.

Reactions: Erwin's

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America

"Uh oh, my egg broke and I have no armor and there's a team right behind me. I have an idea!"

There's really no way for us to know if you actually crashed or you just logged out. This is gonna be a no from me.
I guess I have a little compromise to fix the abuse, not sure if this is good or meh, but when someone crashes, the server auto-kills them, and they have a limited time of a few minutes or something, before they get completely eliminated. Honestly I do crash in so many matches myself and get pretty pissed to be perfectly honest, both my net and computer really irritate me.

noobisbeast

Novice Member
May 17, 2017
I agree with Tacosbefriends, but we can think about some cases to avoid abuse for a big part.

What if the system only allows rejoining if the player (or players team) still has an egg? If the egg is broken and a player loses connection he'll be eliminated automatically.

What if the system recognizes that a player is logging out and back in more than x (say 3) times in x (say 5) minutes? Then it doesn't let you rejoin the game, or better, gives you a warning for abuse and if you abuse the system too much you will get banned eventually?

What is the system only allows 1 reconnection per game?

This kind of cases could avoid abuse for a big part. You can never avoid abuse for 100% with this kind of systems. People that have top notch connection all the time will always be able to abuse the system in some way. Even if you allow 1 reconnection per game, they always have the opportunity to log out and reconnect for 1 time per game. Or the system should flare the number of reconnections per day or something. It's possible but the system has to be developed in a really good way.

Erwin's

Sep 24, 2016

And how have the Hypixel server this do?

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition

A solution to this abuse would be to spawn in a vegetative entity to replace the player with their items, health and visible name tag if they disconnect. It doesn't matter if they combat logged or legitimately lost connection:
If running away or in a fight, their enemy will easily be able to or catch up to the entity and kill it as it is immobile and passive.
If the player disconnects far away from enemies they'll likely still be alive when they reconnect, with the obvious disadvantage of not progressing in the game for the time they were away - effectively the same as being AFK.

The entity (maybe a zombie or a villager) has no AI and takes damage in the same way the player would, so if the player reconnects they replace the entity with the same health, position and potion effects that the entity had. If the entity died in that time, the player would be out of the game.

For reference, similar rejoin methods are used on Badlion and Hypixel.

This wouldn't be ideal for all game types, for example with Minerware it would make more sense to automatically fail the player on all the microgames that are missed until the player rejoins and waits for the next microgame to start.
For games with respawns, if the entity dies (and the player is still disconnected) it should be respawned as the player would be.
For applicable games, the entity should drop all the player's items on death.

Reactions: Erwin's

Erwin's

Sep 24, 2016
A solution to this abuse would be to spawn in a vegetative entity to replace the player with their items, health and visible name tag if they disconnect. It doesn't matter if they combat logged or legitimately lost connection:
If running away or in a fight, their enemy will easily be able to or catch up to the entity and kill it as it is immobile and passive.
If the player disconnects far away from enemies they'll likely still be alive when they reconnect, with the obvious disadvantage of not progressing in the game for the time they were away - effectively the same as being AFK.

The entity (maybe a zombie or a villager) has no AI and takes damage in the same way the player would, so if the player reconnects they replace the entity with the same health, position and potion effects that the entity had. If the entity died in that time, the player would be out of the game.

For reference, similar rejoin methods are used on Badlion and Hypixel.

This wouldn't be ideal for all game types, for example with Minerware it would make more sense to automatically fail the player on all the microgames that are missed until the player rejoins and waits for the next microgame to start.
For games with respawns, if the entity dies (and the player is still disconnected) it should be respawned as the player would be.
For applicable games, the entity should drop all the player's items on death.
Thats a pretty good idea.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hey guys

Only for eggwars really. Adding this to skywars doesn't make sense, and maybe SG but idk.
But this seems like something that could be abused. Would the egg like pause or something? What if you hide, log out, or something? What if you turn off you internet when your egg breaks, then turn it back on? I still somewhat like the idea though. Not fully.
+.5

D

Deleted member 169486

There's a similar thread about this https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/rejoining.202729/
As I said on that thread, there should exist some "safe zones", a safe zone is a 40 block radius with no enemies, and the player hasn't been attacked for a minute. If a player leaves while on a safe zone, the player is able to rejoin but, if the player leaves while not on a safe zone, the player gets eliminated from the game instantly.
An issue with this is I have crashed/lagged out while fighting someone.

D

Deleted member 169486

Well, as there's no way to know if you crash or disconnect, I'm afraid there's no solution the server can provide.
I mean I get disconnected while fighting someone.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom