Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should Cubecraft do about the Gingerbread map?

• Make some changes to it

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Keep it the way it is

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Get rid of it entirely (As in don't bring it back in the next winter updates)

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A Furball That Works

Novice Member
Oct 8, 2019
I've talked a lot about this before, but I feel like I should hear what everyone else thinks.

For those who don't know, in December of 2020, CubeCraft added the "Gingerbread map" to Eggwars Teams of 4 (Bedrock).

When you die, you're teleported to the picnic map inside of the picnic table, so you can't even spectate. (FIXED as of 12/13/2021.)

There's nothing to center except for a few VERY small hills, which are just parts of the gingerbread man.

The distance between the bases and center is very small, only taking around 10 blocks (12 to be exact) to get to the gingerbread man. This isn't that good because it only supports a quick playstyle. (Now don't get me wrong; there's nothing wrong with people who like quick games, but if a map is limited to certain playstyle, it makes the game less fun for people who don't want games over within 10 seconds.) It's just not worth taking the time to get diamonds and emeralds when your egg is likely to be gone within the first 5 seconds of the game.

Lastly: the Gingerbread map wasn't even intended to be an Eggwars teams of 4 map. It was originally a Lucky Islands teams of 2 map on Java in December of 2018, before making it's debut as an Eggwars teams of 4 map in December of 2018 (See the links below for proof).

CubeCraft's Christmas update 2018
Gingerbread2018.png

CubeCraft's Christmas update 2020
Gingerbread2020.png

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
I've talked a lot about this before, but I feel like I should hear what everyone else thinks.

For those who don't know, in December of 2020, CubeCraft added the "Gingerbread map" to Eggwars Teams of 4 (Bedrock).

When you die, you're teleported to the picnic map inside of the picnic table, so you can't even spectate. (FIXED as of 12/13/2021.)

There's nothing to center except for a few VERY small hills, which are just parts of the gingerbread man.

The distance between the bases and center is very small, only taking around 10 blocks (12 to be exact) to get to the gingerbread man. This isn't that good because it only supports a quick playstyle. (Now don't get me wrong; there's nothing wrong with people who like quick games, but if a map is limited to certain playstyle, it makes the game less fun for people who don't want games over within 10 seconds.) It's just not worth taking the time to get diamonds and emeralds when your egg is likely to be gone within the first 5 seconds of the game.

Lastly: the Gingerbread map wasn't even intended to be an Eggwars teams of 4 map. It was originally a Lucky Islands teams of 2 map on Java in December of 2018, before making it's debut as an Eggwars teams of 4 map in December of 2018 (See the links below for proof).

CubeCraft's Christmas update 2018
View attachment 204774
CubeCraft's Christmas update 2020
View attachment 204775
Shouldn’t this be in feedback and suggestions so we can disagree/ agree for it’s removal? Otherwise I agree with this

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom