Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
recently eggwars was updated to introduce 2 things:
Emerald generators
anti-kit farming timers

This update was well received by some parts of the community but a big chunk of the community also disliked the update. I might cover the emerald gens in anothe thread but today I want to talk about the kit cooldown. This was supposed to remove kit farming but in turn made some kits completly useless. For example: people tend to cover themselves in sandstone while breaking the egg to not be disrupted by the persons that protect the egg. People that used the shellcrcker kit could quickly destroy the sandsone and constantly disrupt the people breaking their egg to give them a chance. Before the update you would constantly get your kit upon respawning but currently only every 2 minutes. This makes it impossible to defend against someone covering themselves in sandstone. So today I will make a suggestionthat readds that part of eggwars.
When you get killed by a player you always get your kit. Only suiciding by falling into the void would have a kit timer. This would still remove kit farming because once a person can be killed by other players they tend to already have gear that far outweighs kit farming. This would allow players using the shellcracker class to defend their egg again until the person covers themselves in obsidian. Before this update you had a chance to save your egg. Now its basically a guaranteed egg loss.
I know some people like this anti-kit farm but I think people only like it because once they covered themaelves they basically can easily break the egg without having to worry about anything.

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Proxima Centauri, Milky Way
recently eggwars was updated to introduce 2 things:
Emerald generators
anti-kit farming timers

This update was well received by some parts of the community but a big chunk of the community also disliked the update. I might cover the emerald gens in anothe thread but today I want to talk about the kit cooldown. This was supposed to remove kit farming but in turn made some kits completly useless. For example: people tend to cover themselves in sandstone while breaking the egg to not be disrupted by the persons that protect the egg. People that used the shellcrcker kit could quickly destroy the sandsone and constantly disrupt the people breaking their egg to give them a chance. Before the update you would constantly get your kit upon respawning but currently only every 2 minutes. This makes it impossible to defend against someone covering themselves in sandstone. So today I will make a suggestionthat readds that part of eggwars.
When you get killed by a player you always get your kit. Only suiciding by falling into the void would have a kit timer. This would still remove kit farming because once a person can be killed by other players they tend to already have gear that far outweighs kit farming. This would allow players using the shellcracker class to defend their egg again until the person covers themselves in obsidian. Before this update you had a chance to save your egg. Now its basically a guaranteed egg loss.
I know some people like this anti-kit farm but I think people only like it because once they covered themaelves they basically can easily break the egg without having to worry about anything.
-1 The shell cracker thing was something that I hated.
Also how would developers do this? I rather they work on the anti cheat
If you have trouble with people covering themselves in sandstone, buy a chest and put a ton of pickaxes inside, because if this was removed or even nerfed in any way somebody would definitely find a way to farm kits in like 0.000002 seconds.

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
Look at it this way:

Think of how many times you were just about to destroy a persons egg, you were in your little butterfly cacooon and dat, yeah? And then some guy comes with his pickaxe and ruins your day.

Bottom line is, the shell cracker kit was annoying, and it was rage-inducing

D

Deleted member 169486

Although I haven't played the new update, I could see why this might be an issue. I normally use the shell cracker kit and find that it can be quite op.

Could it be possible to have it start at two minutes then you can use points to take ten seconds off until you reach a minimum of thirty seconds?

Another option might be to have kit timer as an option for donors. If there are no donors it could be like 2 minutes?

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
Although I haven't played the new update, I could see why this might be an issue. I normally use the shell cracker kit and find that it can be quite op.

Could it be possible to have it start at two minutes then you can use points to take ten seconds off until you reach a minimum of thirty seconds?

Another option might be to have kit timer as an option for donors. If there are no donors it could be like 2 minutes?
LMAO, that would drain points fast

sebas22345YT

Novice Member
Dec 22, 2016
yeah i hate the nwe upgrade where you only have your kit each 2 minutes must remove that when i over attack i cant protect me becose my eggarmour disapear !!

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
I believe the cooldown is needed and shouldn't be changed. Generally, when people die, they have little-to-no chance of saving their egg. Say they get the shell cracker, they have no weapon and can't defend and will die easily. Say you got the egg armor kit, you got armor but still no weapon, which means you will lose, there is no way to avoid losing your egg in certain circumstances and the only thing it did was waste time for the other player. If you're going to lose anyways, why bother dragging it out and waste time for other people..?

Archee

May 26, 2016
UK
www.twitch.tv
I. think he means it as a perk. Basically you pay once and you keep it.
he does not mean that it would be a perk you purchase and keep, purchasing (with real currency) non vanity buffs is against the eula. they must mean its like an option similar to the time of day on skywars. im for getting rid of the kit timers early and turning it on later, as ISeeThroughYou said its only eggcracker that causes the problem, some kits like eggshell (which were useless enough as it was only having 8 blocks (not enough to cover a 1block raised egg)) are still just as useless and now even more useless ._.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I think they should keep the cooldown, you may be able to protect your egg and all, but when you actually try to go break other people's eggs, it's near impossible.

-1 The shell cracker thing was something that I hated.
Also how would developers do this? I rather they work on the anti cheat
If you have trouble with people covering themselves in sandstone, buy a chest and put a ton of pickaxes inside, because if this was removed or even nerfed in any way somebody would definitely find a way to farm kits in like 0.000002 seconds.

^ ^ ^ Just do that, put pickaxes in a chest if you are worried. If they implemented this, the only way to actually break someone's egg without being killed is blocking yourself in obsidian, which takes sooo long and possibly increase camping.

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Proxima Centauri, Milky Way
I think they should keep the cooldown, you may be able to protect your egg and all, but when you actually try to go break other people's eggs, it's near impossible.

^ ^ ^ Just do that, put pickaxes in a chest if you are worried. If they implemented this, the only way to actually break someone's egg without being killed is blocking yourself in obsidian, which takes sooo long and possibly increase camping.
I know that's how it was before

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday, cool Forums member!! 🥳✨
Reesle wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
UncleSpect wrote on _EliteDavy's profile.
thank you for the follow my friend! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
Top Bottom