Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Jul 4, 2017
First off, I want to thank Cubecraft for being the only popular server out there willing to stick with 1.9+ pvp mechanics - I appreciate it immensely.

But why are 1.9-1.11 still supported? In particular, I find 1.9 shields very annoying and counter-intuitive to use, and would prefer if the 1.11 changes to shields were implemented to the server. The lack of kb while shielding is especially important to me.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
You are already avaible to play 1.12 on cubecraft. So I think they already updated it. But I don't think they would add the updates from 1.12 too because not Everyone likes it.

I like What we have now and don't see any reasons to change it.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
You are already avaible to play 1.12 on cubecraft. So I think they already updated it. But I don't think they would add the updates from 1.12 too because not Everyone likes it.

I like What we have now and don't see any reasons to change it.
People who play Creative would love the new blocks of the 1.12 version. They can build awesome things with the new blocks of the 1.12 version.
--------------
You can already enter the CubeCraft server in 1.12 and I think they should update the new blocks from the 1.12 version so Creative players can build awesome things with the new blocks!

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
The lack of knockback is what will make shields too OP for skywars or eggwars. The no damage makes sense and I think that should be kept but there should not be a way to reduce all knockback in a game like skywars or eggwars.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
The lack of knockback is what will make shields too OP for skywars or eggwars. The no damage makes sense and I think that should be kept but there should not be a way to reduce all knockback in a game like skywars or eggwars.
Hit it with an axe or from behind.
Besides the durability of shields are so low that if you spamclick for 30 seconds it would break.

Jul 4, 2017
Well actually, 1.10 made attacks that deal less than 3 damage (spam-clicking) not do durability damage to the shield.

But cubecraft can't use any 1.10+ features because they're still holding on to 1.9... but I don't get why?

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Hit it with an axe or from behind.
Besides the durability of shields are so low that if you spamclick for 30 seconds it would break.
The durability is one of the biggest problems. The 1.12 server both I and the OP play on had to nerf shields to around 15 durability to make them balanced for PvP. Disabling with an axe lasts a very short time and its incredibly easy to track players with a shield as they only have to be visible to be blocked so they can't hit you from behind. Unless I'm in an Overpowered 1.11 fight I never go for an axe to disable a shield as its so easy to get counter combo'ed from it and die. Pretty much the only way to combat them is to hit and back off which, if done with an axe, uses up too much time before their shield recharges before getting off more than 1-2 hits.

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
First off, I want to thank Cubecraft for being the only popular server out there willing to stick with 1.9+ pvp mechanics - I appreciate it immensely.

But why are 1.9-1.11 still supported? In particular, I find 1.9 shields very annoying and counter-intuitive to use, and would prefer if the 1.11 changes to shields were implemented to the server. The lack of kb while shielding is especially important to me.
You can play 1.12 on CCGN but the 1.12 updaten aren't added beacause not everyone like it what @ItsDavey_ said. I think it is good how it is going now sooo, Stay happy! :-)
-Gaaabb

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
The durability is one of the biggest problems. The 1.12 server both I and the OP play on had to nerf shields to around 15 durability to make them balanced for PvP. Disabling with an axe lasts a very short time and its incredibly easy to track players with a shield as they only have to be visible to be blocked so they can't hit you from behind. Unless I'm in an Overpowered 1.11 fight I never go for an axe to disable a shield as its so easy to get counter combo'ed from it and die. Pretty much the only way to combat them is to hit and back off which, if done with an axe, uses up too much time before their shield recharges before getting off more than 1-2 hits.
In 1.10 that durabilty was more than doubled than what was in 1.9
Cube could always tweak with the Durability, that's not problem. Besides it's only 336 not that much.

Anyways players have to lower their shields if they want to attack right? That's gives them a disadvantage and also an opening.
Another thing is, Axes have a 25% base chance to disable shields for 5 seconds. If sprinting it turns to 100%. It doesn't rely on the cooldown, meaning that as long as you're sprinting and manage to hit the shield with an axe the user will get paralyzed. Giving you a opportunity to strike back using knockback or just dps.
The last thing is that you can simply do (in team games) is use your team mate as a decoy to strike the shield user from behind.
If Cubecraft puts it's Shield durability to 150 then Shields won't be a huge problem.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ElFlxen_ wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything! :cubie:
ElFlxen_ wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thanks for everything! :c
UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Top Bottom