Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ZeldaGamez

Novice Member
Jun 15, 2018
To start off, MAKE THE NEW TEXTURE PACK REMOVABLE. It's very annoying that it's always on, even for those(like myself and MANY others)who don't like the style fit for younger people. It is trying to look like bedrock which is not what Java players want.

Having said that, I can get into what I have gripes with in this update:

The combat: The combat in most of the history of the server has been 1.9 pvp with swords and combos to learn, movement to dodge hits and get out of combos. This update really just feels like a middle finger to every player who honed their skill, spending THOUSANDS of hours(not even joking I've spent half of my hours in minecraft on 1.9 sword pvp) training to get better at the pvp, only to change it completely to where shields are a must and axes are preferred. Shields completely negate any chance of landing a combo, now that they not only take no damage but don't get knocked back either from anything, forcing players to use axes to disable them. I get that it's supposed to be the 1.19 update, but to be honest I think we could've continued without this feature.

The items: I can see some items being interesting to experiment with in the different gamemodes, but netherite is not one of them. It not only makes the pvp extremely janky, making players take different amount of knockback resulting in already bad sword pvp getting almost unplayable.

The lack of skyblock: I hope it gets fixed soon but skyblock is currently under maintenance, and if I check my stats I have way less time spent in skyblock than I know I have. Is skyblock getting a rework? Really hope it's just a bug but if not then I'll be very disappointed.

I'd like to see a future update with much more thoughts and fixes from the community instead of risking it and eventually killing the server which we've played on for so many years.

Leave your thoughts below.

99th_DutchNubnub

Feb 8, 2020
nubbieland
hey,
this new pvp style is indeed something new, but have in mind that this is just minecraft by itself. but I agree, shields are at this moment way too powerful but I think they will nerve that.
Netherite is a resource that is very strong, but with it, you can develop certain playing styles. it just takes some time to get used to it and come up with a tactic for yourself.
just give yourself time to see the good things in this new update.

Nubnub

Reactions: MaksMaruS_ and pekd

GIACCRAFT

Novice Member
Jun 10, 2020
To start off, MAKE THE NEW TEXTURE PACK REMOVABLE. It's very annoying that it's always on, even for those(like myself and MANY others)who don't like the style fit for younger people. It is trying to look like bedrock which is not what Java players want.

Having said that, I can get into what I have gripes with in this update:

The combat: The combat in most of the history of the server has been 1.9 pvp with swords and combos to learn, movement to dodge hits and get out of combos. This update really just feels like a middle finger to every player who honed their skill, spending THOUSANDS of hours(not even joking I've spent half of my hours in minecraft on 1.9 sword pvp) training to get better at the pvp, only to change it completely to where shields are a must and axes are preferred. Shields completely negate any chance of landing a combo, now that they not only take no damage but don't get knocked back either from anything, forcing players to use axes to disable them. I get that it's supposed to be the 1.19 update, but to be honest I think we could've continued without this feature.

The items: I can see some items being interesting to experiment with in the different gamemodes, but netherite is not one of them. It not only makes the pvp extremely janky, making players take different amount of knockback resulting in already bad sword pvp getting almost unplayable.

The lack of skyblock: I hope it gets fixed soon but skyblock is currently under maintenance, and if I check my stats I have way less time spent in skyblock than I know I have. Is skyblock getting a rework? Really hope it's just a bug but if not then I'll be very disappointed.

I'd like to see a future update with much more thoughts and fixes from the community instead of risking it and eventually killing the server which we've played on for so many years.

Leave your thoughts below.
Netherite, shields and enchanted crossbows, (as well as the low costs of armors and weapons on eggwars & that diamond gear has become more common on skywars) make the gameplay way too OverPowered.

People loved Cubecraft because you needed skills and tactics to win the games. Right now it’s just endless static pvp

Entitypizza

Jul 19, 2022
Belgium
The new pvp isn't that different from the old. You're crazy if you think that suddenly because of this update your thousands of hours mean nothing. Axes aren't automatically better than swords, it's more a matter of playstyle. A good sword player will still have the edge against a good axe player (not accounting for serious laggers). The axe-shield pvp dynamic is very much an American trend and I don't think we'll see much of it in Cube, as even our NA playerbase adapts a European style. It's also not a meta without any weaknesses.
I do however agree that shield are currently broken in games like SW and FFA. They were already decent in 1v1 scenario's, but now they're so strong, it's easy to 1vX with them. Netherite indeed has no place in the game imo, it's just too strong of an upgrade.

• Agree
Reactions: MaksMaruS_
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom