Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

shrobbyy

Jan 12, 2021
Hello community, I have two things to discuss here. First my thoughts about the 1.19 update and second why it's impossible to go back to 1.12 (and they shouldn't).

1.19 update thoughts
I think the 1.19 update was necessary to make a big step forward into the future and preparing new things that weren't possible in 1.8, 1.9 and 1.12.
CubeCraft now can do much more cool things on Java. I am also very happy that they got rid of the ugly purple-green mix (scoreboard, tablist etc.) and replaced it with a nice blue-white tone which definitely fits the network way more. The new maps are beautiful as well as the changes on the existing maps.
I am not against a server resource pack in the first place and whilst it makes me happy that they wanted to keep it vanilla-like, I still don't like at all what came out in the end. The new rank tags are way too distracting and the design of it just isn't great. The server just looks too playful now and they should have went with a more minimalistic art direction. The structure of the new custom GUIs is underwhelming and too confusing. I also dislike the art style of the custom icons. The game mode banners in the lobby are looking very blurry as if they were made in a low resolution and just being scaled bigger. The server just looks way too chaotic now.
Another thing that disappointed me is that I expected at least one new game mode or the reintroduction of Solo EggWars, Team SkyWars or MinerWare. Just imagine the new possibilities with the 1.13-1.19 features for MinerWare.
So how would I improve it? I personally would make the resource pack optional or change the tone of it to make it much simpler than it is now. If the players really don't want the server to look similar to Bedrock, then comply with it and make some changes. Many players of us, majorly veterans since over 5 years, are grown up people already and we don't want to be treated like kids with eye-catching, playful and colorful elements. Just keep it simple. And also add MinerWare back, pretty please!

The reason why CubeCraft can never go back to 1.12 again
CubeCraft can't go back to 1.12 because the 1.19 update (very likely) required to recode major parts of the network's front- and backend from scratch. That means, adding working 1.12 compatibility is pretty much impossible and downgrading the server back to 1.12 also is no option that will help CubeCraft to move on in the future. At the same time it would probably require to recode some parts of the server once again to make it work with 1.12 since it all was made for 1.19 and later in mind which would just cost way too much money. Adding 1.12 support with ViaBackwards will possibly break many things and give both 1.12 and 1.19 their own advantages and disadvantages, whilst 1.12 will face more disadvantages.
Second thing is, 1.12 and 1.19 are technically fundamentally different since Mojang recoded most of the game in 1.13.

tl;dr: the 1.19 update helped the server to be way easier to develop on but just added the possibility to make a step forward for the player's sight without actually making the step. It's just a step forward for the developers at the very moment and not using the potential the update created is very disappointing to see.

Thanks for reading!
Sincerely, shrobbyy

99th_DutchNubnub

Feb 8, 2020
nubbieland
Hey,
I totally agree with you, most things I don't have to reply on it because it is very clear to me (thanks).

I personally would make the resource pack optional or change the tone of it to make it much simpler than it is now
About this: I think you are right but when they make the resource pack optional it would possibly look horrible for the non-users.

nubnub

shrobbyy

Jan 12, 2021
About this: I think you are right but when they make the resource pack optional it would possibly look horrible for the non-users.
That's not true. If they are going to make it optional, they would add the old GUIs and stuff back if you don't have it enabled. However, they should still change the current custom GUIs as they are confusing.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on Helper!! 🎉
Hoshi wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats Skate!! 🥳
Hoshi wrote on Frontlane's profile.
CONGRATS FRONTYYYYY 🎉
Basketman wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats. Now make bedrock unsafe.

I mean safe again :)
Basketman wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats, mister HelperLane.
Top Bottom