Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
EDIT: I am talking about reposting 2-3 year old suggestions on the forums

tl;dr if the community's re-suggesting it, they want it quite a bit

Lots of people suggest lots of things, and it's a pretty well-known rule that you can't suggest things if they have been before. However, I feel that some suggestions that may be needed for gamemodes are being held back because of this rule.

Because of it, many suggestions (unless the re-suggestion is not noticed as a re-suggestion) only get one chance. this seems a little unfair? If someone suggests something a few years ago, you should be able to bring it up a year later when things have changed and/or you reformatted the original.

Many of the applications that you can submit here have second chances, so why are suggestions no exclusion?

I feel that if a suggestion is over a year old, it should be allowed to be suggested again.

You shouldn't be held back by a lazy, unelaborated suggestion made 5 years ago by someone who had it as their first and only suggestion, so why not give a second chance? If the original suggestion is over a year old, you should be able to re-suggest it.

Last edited:

YoungPablo

Jan 25, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
Mmm you're right at some points, many of these suggestions could be useful as the server grow, Maybe just closing the most frequently suggestions would be better for example : Discord Ranks suggestions and many more that we usually see at least 1 time each 2 months or even more.

Reactions: KidBit

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
I agree with this, but only if the original was last suggested a year prior as it could also cause some kind of spam if it was allowed in a shorter time span. I still like how people will go and find the original thread and tell them it was already suggested. Maybe if they added a link to the original thread, it could help. Peoples opinions can change with time and see that some old suggestions would be nice or not.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I've seen a lot of old threads and suggestions coming back lately and I both agree and disagree with this.

I do understand why you would want to be able to re-suggest certain things but at the same time, some suggestions might've just faded away for a reason and others might just not have gotten the attention they deserved. Though at the same time, this is what it says in the rules: ”3.4 - No reviving inactive threads without reason. Does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.”

As well as: "3.11 - Please don't repeat previously mentioned and discussed topics, unless you have something significant to add to the conversation and the previous topic is locked." so you are able to revive an old thread as long as you've a valid reason to do so or start a new one.

Though what I've seen from most threads that were brought back to life, people only say "I agree" or "Yes, +1" which doesn't add much to the thread or suggestion itself which is why it gets locked.

Last edited:

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
I've seen a lot of old threads and suggestions coming back lately and I both agree and disagree with this.

I do understand why you would want to be able to re-suggest certain things but at the same time, some suggestions might've just faded away for a reason and others might just not have gotten the attention they deserved. Though at the same time, this is what it says in the rules: "3.11 - Please don't repeat previously mentioned and discussed topics, unless you have something significant to add to the conversation and the previous topic is locked." so you are able to revive an old thread as long as you've a valid reason to do so or start a new one.

Though what I've seen from most threads that were brought back to life, people only say "I agree" or "Yes, +1" which doesn't add much to the thread or suggestion itself which is why it gets locked.

"3.11 - Please don't repeat previously mentioned and discussed topics, unless you have something significant to add to the conversation and the previous topic is locked."
So if someone forgot to lock a thread from a couple years ago, is it not okay to re-suggest?

Thing is that quite a few suggestions needed for a certain game on java have had a few years to explore every variant, and there hasn't been much change or response on the matter as far as I saw. For suggestions this old, there usually does not end up being much room to grow, and even if a suggestion was forgotten because it wasn't good, you still only have to deal with each every year.

A year was also an example of a time, you can set it to longer, like 2-3.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Is this a thing?
Games and cubecraft as a whole evolves over time and I don't see why suggestions that may not have been considered relevent at the time they where posted cannot be reconsidered a year later. There is always something to add and even if it is just another "/rejoin" thread, the fact that a new post was created on the topic still shows the communities commitment towards that particular feature of the game.

If I was to look up information on the /rejoin feature, I'd rather like to see multiple posts posted over the years rather than just one post that doesn't reflect the individual points of views of the different people involved in that suggestion.

Edit: Please make your suggestion clearer. It took me a while to figure out what you where "re-suggesting" before I realised your thread was on the topic of "Allow users to repost old suggestions"

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Is this a thing?
Games and cubecraft as a whole evolves over time and I don't see why suggestions that may not have been considered relevent at the time they where posted cannot be reconsidered a year later. There is always something to add and even if it is just another "/rejoin" thread, the fact that a new post was created on the topic still shows the communities commitment towards that particular feature of the game.

Mostly my point (above ^), plus this one (below v), if the community is re-suggesting it, there's a good portion that want it in the game.

If I was to look up information on the /rejoin feature, I'd rather like to see multiple posts posted over the years rather than just one post that doesn't reflect the individual points of views of the different people involved in that suggestion.

Edit: Please make your suggestion clearer. It took me a while to figure out what you where "re-suggesting" before I realised your thread was on the topic of "Allow users to repost old suggestions"

Will do, didn't consider that

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom