Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomiccheese1

Mar 22, 2014
So, pretty much after seeing this, i got cancer from the replies.

People are saying that 1600MHz is much much better than 1333MHz with RAM, and although that is true, it's completely not worth paying more as there isnt a massively notable difference.
Also mixing a stick with 1600MHz and one with 1333MHz isn't a good idea at all, it is more efficient if they both operate at the same speed, so my suggestion is just to get 2x4GB sticks of 1333MHz RAM as you already have.

And in regards to your HDD,

Yes, this is the best thing to do, 1TB would be the best. SDD isn't needed as it costs quite a bit and it doesn't look like you want to spend the money on an SSD.

The Graphics card that you have at the moment isn't the best either, maybe an R9 270x? it's relatively cheap and works a dream (i have one).
Nvidia is also a very good choice but it costs more money.

If you have a big budget then yes get Nvidia, but if you don't then get an AMD graphics card.

I would also recommend using this website if you are building a custom PC, it has loads of advice on components based around budget, it will also help you understand all the things that you probably don't understand at the moment: http://www.logicalincrements.com/

http://linustechtips.com/main/ is also a good forum to ask questions about nearly everything about computers, there are like 1000+ people on at a time and you will get replied to in 5mins

trebbor14

Nov 12, 2014
Netherland

People are saying that 1600MHz is much much better than 1333MHz with RAM, and although that is true, it's completely not worth paying more as there isnt a massively notable difference.
Also mixing a stick with 1600MHz and one with 1333MHz isn't a good idea at all, it is more efficient if they both operate at the same speed, so my suggestion is just to get 2x4GB sticks of 1333MHz RAM as you already have.

And in regards to your HDD,

Yes, this is the best thing to do, 1TB would be the best. SDD isn't needed as it costs quite a bit and it doesn't look like you want to spend the money on an SSD.

The Graphics card that you have at the moment isn't the best either, maybe an R9 270x? it's relatively cheap and works a dream (i have one).
Nvidia is also a very good choice but it costs more money.

If you have a big budget then yes get Nvidia, but if you don't then get an AMD graphics card.

I would also recommend using this website if you are building a custom PC, it has loads of advice on components based around budget, it will also help you understand all the things that you probably don't understand at the moment: http://www.logicalincrements.com/
thank you for all this information!! i think i'm gonna buy 2x4 ram and a new harddisk and maybe later a graphicscard :D thank you!!

Reactions: djchalky369

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Uh, can you not? Cancer is not a thing to be thrown around like its a meaningless thing, and is a very serious subject. Saying you have cancer can offend many people (including me.) because family members could have suffered from Cancer.

Reactions: trebbor14

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com

And he's not the only one.

I've been playing on laptop ram for pretty much all the time (1600MHz DDR3), and I can say, the one and only time ram clock makes a difference, is if you're dealing with very large servers, say database servers, in which +/- of even half a millisecond can make a difference.

You should get rather a bigger hard drive (7200rpm 64bit cache) or get an SSD.

As he said, look for high RPM's if you're getting a hard drive. You'll be thankful. As much as it does not sound like much, in my experience, 5400RPM vs 7200RPM makes a big difference, and if you're dealing with servers like me, 15'000 RMP SAS drives, are amazing.

Uh, can you not? Cancer is not a thing to be thrown around like its a meaningless thing, and is a very serious subject. Saying you have cancer can offend many people (including me.) because family members could have suffered from Cancer.

Well, its technically true though. Studies* show cancer is mostly a unconscious brain reaction to a situation that you have conciously found yourself in. (Stress, very high emotional activity etc.) That said, if this caused him to have such outbursts, then yes, it could possibly cause him to have cancer in the future.

* Depends on what you trust. Independent research papers I have read on the subject say so. Certified clinical research says otherwise. (To the happiness of pharmaceutical companies making more money off vague cancer cures, which in the end, gives you even more cancer.)

wriggo12345

Dec 22, 2013
And he's not the only one. As he said, look for high RPM's if you're getting a hard drive. You'll be thankful. As much as it does not sound like much, in my experience, 5400RPM vs 7200RPM makes a big difference, and if you're dealing with servers like me, 15'000 RMP SAS drives, are amazing.
how big are your SAS drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
OH MY GOD YOURE BAACK
Reesle wrote on Magda_Korra's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Real Verbramdt?! 😱
Either way, Welcome (or welcome back) to the Forums!
Reesle wrote on nahumcin's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything, Soul :) Good luck with your future endeavors!
Top Bottom