Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think that the ranks are overpriced?

• Total voters

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
The ranks are not overpriced. You are not buying the cosmetics, you are donating to the server to keep the server going and in return you get the cosmetics.
If you would like a discount then wait for a sale to come along. @Steryo already listed when sales occur:

I know a server which is a gold digger and asks 400$ for the top donor rank. Be greatful our obsidian rank is around 150$ ONLY.
There is a sale already going on :P

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
The ranks are not overpriced. You are not buying the cosmetics, you are donating to the server to keep the server going and in return you get the cosmetics.
If you would like a discount then wait for a sale to come along. @Steryo already listed when sales occur:

I know a server which is a gold digger and asks 400$ for the top donor rank. Be greatful our obsidian rank is around 150$ ONLY.
@Steyro *

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Like i said in C they could add a rank players would actually want to buy for what it is.

So basically everyone will buy the iron rank
If you would like a discount then wait for a sale to come along. @Steyro already listed when sales occur:

Price doesn't matter at all. It's a form to donate the server. If you feel like paying 20 bucks or 400 that's totally fine.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
I remember the times i could get a maxed 30 Euro rank on servers like lavacraft that had 5X more useful content than obsidian here.
This is the story of LavaCarft, they offered great stuff, with 5X times more usseful than obsidian here. One day it got blacklisted and you wasted 30€. The end.

Reactions: telegamer
N

Nikboo

Price doesn't matter at all. It's a form to donate the server. If you feel like paying 20 bucks or 400 that's totally fine.

Obviously it does matter...
Most people wouldn't want to waste 400$ on a server

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Obviously it does matter...
Most people wouldn't want to waste 400$ on a server

"You are not buying the cosmetics, you are donating to the server to keep the server going and in return you get the cosmetics."

No one is forcing you to buy whatever rank. And most people doesn't include everyone. I wouldn't pay it for sure, but 140$ for a rank is just as bad in that logic ;)

N

Nikboo

"You are not buying the cosmetics, you are donating to the server to keep the server going and in return you get the cosmetics."

No one is forcing you to buy whatever rank. And most people doesn't include everyone. I wouldn't pay it for sure, but 140$ for a rank is just as bad in that logic ;)

That's what I just said...
How is 140$ just the same as 400$?? You pay 260$ more for a 400$ rank than a 140$ rank.
Anyways let's not go off topic.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Okay I wanna say something Quickly
Be grateful For Cubecraft
They Already Provide
-Sales
-Giveaways
-EULA Environment
meaning in nearly every occasion Cubecraft Makes A sale, also they usually make giveaways on their Twitter and the forums, and the biggest thing is the EULA compatibility, nobody is making you buy a rank, this server is not Pay2Win in fact buying a rank doesn't give you that much privileges all it does affect is lobbies mainly with vanity points and Special Colored Names the only time it affects In-Game purposes is by voting which affects everyone, i recommend buying a rank that fits you best, play eggwars a lot Lapiz or Gold Is Enough, here is a tip : if you can't pay that much money then you either don't buy a rank or you do but gradually Iron > Lapiz > Gold > Diamond > Emerald > Obsidian, not Iron > Obsidian unless you are Sure you are ready

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
That's what I just said...
How is 140$ just the same as 400$?? You pay 260$ more for a 400$ rank than a 140$ rank.
Anyways let's not go off topic.

You feel that 140 is good, because it's a way to donate to the server but 400 is to much? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I think both 140 and 400 are way to expensive for a rank, but I don't mind either of them because everyone can decide for themselves whether or not they wanna support the server which [x] amount of money.

N

Nikboo

You feel that 140 is good, because it's a way to donate to the server but 400 is to much? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I think both 140 and 400 are way to expensive for a rank, but I don't mind either of them because everyone can decide for themselves whether or not they wanna support the server which [x] amount of money.

I feel that 140 is better than 400 because it is cheaper...
Players would want to buy perks for 140 more than perks for 400.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Sure, but both are exactly the same. It's just a rank on a server.

I mean I could buy 3 AAA games with 140, or buy like 6 new Minecraft accounts with that money. So that for just a colored name, same fancy clothing and some perks .. no thank you.

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
Sure, but both are exactly the same. It's just a rank on a server.

I mean I could buy 3 AAA games with 140, or buy like 6 new Minecraft accounts with that money. So that for just a colored name, same fancy clothing and some perks .. no thank you.
If the server wouldn't have any ranks, they wouldn't get any money. How would it be able to stay up without any money?

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
That is incorrect. When buying a rank, you are purchasing the permissions to use such cosmetics and other perks that the ranks provide.

Donating is just as such, where you are giving money to an organization with nothing in return. Purchasing ranks (as you do from the online store), is buying permissions and perks that are packaged into ranks for players to buy. You are getting something in return for your money.

To be on track with the topic, there are plenty of sales that happen throughout the year. They range in percentage. They may not be as big a percentage as other servers but it still helps in saving you money when you are trying to help out the server. The owners/management team could stop having sales altogether. Though, I don't think that's a very good idea. There are also plenty of giveaways that happen on their twitter.

So that for just a colored name, same fancy clothing and some perks .. no thank you.
Since the enforcement of the EULA, ranks on servers have severely diminished on perks that they are allowed to give to players. It's not really something that servers can combat. If I'm correct, the EULA states that servers are only able to offer perks which do not give an advantage in gameplay. Say like the really OP kits that most/all factions servers used to give for like $100 or something. That's completely against the EULA and can get a server blacklisted if they do not remove such a perk.

Reactions: hgbf

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
That is incorrect. When buying a rank, you are purchasing the permissions to use such cosmetics and other perks that the ranks provide.

Donating is just as such, where you are giving money to an organization with nothing in return. Purchasing ranks (as you do from the online store), is buying permissions and perks that are packaged into ranks for players to buy. You are getting something in return for your money.

To be on track with the topic, there are plenty of sales that happen throughout the year. They range in percentage. They may not be as big a percentage as other servers but it still helps in saving you money when you are trying to help out the server. The owners/management team could stop having sales altogether. Though, I don't think that's a very good idea. There are also plenty of giveaways that happen on their twitter.

Since the enforcement of the EULA, ranks on servers have severely diminished on perks that they are allowed to give to players. It's not really something that servers can combat. If I'm correct, the EULA states that servers are only able to offer perks which do not give an advantage in gameplay. Say like the really OP kits that most/all factions servers used to give for like $100 or something. That's completely against the EULA and can get a server blacklisted if they do not remove such a perk.
So, A lot of servers are against the EULA, I know a very famous faction server, maybe the fourth, and gives out OP stuff in factions for buying the rank.

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
If mojang finds these servers, they block them. If a server is blocked, you can't join it without any mods.
Can I message mojang the server (Its called PrimeMC, and there is a lot more Mojang needs to check, Even when voting you can see its famous but breaks the EULA rules).

N

Nikboo

Can I message mojang the server (Its called PrimeMC, and there is a lot more Mojang needs to check, Even when voting you can see its famous but breaks the EULA rules).

I believe that server is already on the blacklist.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom