S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I assume you mean player ranks? No, sorry but I don't think it's a good idea. It would be really messy if there are many colors in the Discord server. It might also be confusing for (new) players, I've seen people asking if the Nitro booster users are staff because of their colored name. This would be a mess when many people have colored names.

D

Deleted member 481668

What sort of ranks?

Though, I don't think they'll do this, due if there are too many roles it should get messy and it losses there cleary lay-out.
I think Cubecraft ingame ranks! That's what he mean I think, but I don't think that it is necesarry to be honest! Every player knows what rank he or she have!

Reactions: Finixly

Stablish

Jan 2, 2018
Planet Earth
www.cubecraft.net
If you can make it so people will receive their rank once they link their Minecraft rank to Discord, that would be cool. But players might change their Discord names so I am not sure if they'll be trolling and staff will have more responsibilities for that.

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
I am with you! They can make a bot who links your minecraft account on forum and in minecraft and gives you the rank you have (in my case emerald) I would appear in green color :D

Good suggestion and we hope it will be implemented

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Staff members will not be able to know every ranked player's IGN, so do you think they'll have difficulties finding each player's IGN and rename them from their Discord name to their Minecraft name? If there's an easier way, can you mention it? :)
Just use a bot to ‘link’ player ranks to discord accounts (ID)? I still don’t get how changing their names could be trolling

Reactions: remio

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
Let's see. We got the Admin Team, The Devs, The Mods, The Designers, The Helpers, The Nitro Boosters, "and Six Other Ranks + the Stone Ranks?" I'm a fan of color but this might bit a bit much. You don't get anything special in Discord for having a rank other than the Nitro anyways so why color them? We have enough ranks as it is.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
If you mean every ranked user has to be with ranked badge aw man it will be a total colour mess in this discord server.I don’t really want to see anything like this getting added honestly..

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I will assume, like stated above, you are suggesting to add the in-game ranks to discord.

Short version of my answer: No. I'll tell you the long version as well: First of all, the different colours in the discord server would be a total mess. People might confuse other players for staff, the colours might get mixed up and staff like developers will have to put an incredible amount of time in the effort of making a bot. This would be wasting unnecessary time. Time that many staff don't have and that should be put in to other developments. Adding in-game rank roles to the discord would also cause a lot cases known as 'feeling superior to others'. One might feel superior and act like it to 'lower ranked' players. All because they might have Obsidian and Plus, and the other only has Iron. The server should stay fun and easily manageable for the staff. Adding this would disrupt a lot of peace in the server and cause havoc and chaos. I personally don't prefer it. There are already enough roles that stand out and/or make the chat stand out enough.

Reactions: Entrustious6679

Rodeappel

Apr 2, 2017
I think it's a good idea, because this way the server is more protected against rule breakers, because you are not able to join with a different account if your been banned.

How could the colours be confusing if they are the same as on the server?

When someone joins the server they will get nicked so they have the same name as their in-game name.

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Maybe you guys can make roles for the ranks on discord
Hi there,
I personally think that would create too much of a mess in the chat, and it would confuse players, because some of the rank colors are practically identical to some of the staff colors.
Although, Plus members could possibly get a special role in Discord. It would only be a very light blue, because we still don’t want heaps of darkly/brightly colored roles, just to keep the chat looking casual and non-confusing. I personally play Bedrock Edition more than Java, so I think it would only be fair for Bedrock players if there was a role for VIP Level 5 aswell, with the same color as the Plus role.
Apart from that, I think it’s best if Nitro Booster is the only purchasable role on Discord.
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Example of all purchasable roles:
Annotation 2020-03-09 163111.png

Last edited:

comfyyy

As well as making a mess as others have previously stated, I think it would also pose an unnecessary challenge for constantly having to update users' ranks. Even if they had a bot that gave a rank upon linking a discord account, I doubt it would be able to update the rank if, for example, I linked when I was Iron rank then bought Lapiz. It would have to be manually done which is just too much work for staff for not much benefit. Thanks for your idea though!

Skoedel

Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2019
Belgium
Mayby thats a good idea but then without the colors so it doesn't become a coloring book and that it remains well-organized. But I think its the best how its now.

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
They could add "Ranks-Roles". Like, you buy a Rank, you get the role on Discord. This could increase a bit the amount of people purchasing the role, but, they prefer to be more ordered and clean. So I doubt they will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom