Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you believe something like this should be added?

• Yes! Add this now!

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Yes, but add some more work

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No! It’s a bad idea and I dislike it

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No! (Other reason, please reply why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Ranked Playlist
Ideas
•Point Systems
•LTM Scoreboard(“Game Statistics”) with suggestions
•Matchmaking
•Gamemode “shuffle” or Playlist Reset

I Want This To Be A Separate Gamemode Not Take Over The Other Ones
Point System
How does it work?
  • The point System will work by giving each player 100 points to start out with.
  • Points can increase by getting an Elimination (+1 Point) OR by winning the match (+10 Points)
  • Points decrease for each time you are Eliminated from the match (-5% Points)
  • Points decrease when leaving the match early (-6% points, incase it was a dc issue)
  • Each Week/Month your score will decrease by 25%. When decreasing this number can only decrease to 100, if any player is below 100 points they are then reset to 100. (See point “Gamemode Shuffle” for more details)
What Does This Do?
This should ensure that each player is going against someone else with a similar skill. And resetting(by 25%) players points each week/month will give the player a reason to play again, to feel like progress is being made to be part of the top %.

Game Statistics / Scoreboard
What will this show?
  • Points - The total amount of points the player currently has
  • Wins - The amount of Wins the player has Earned (All time)
  • Eliminations - The total Amount of Eliminations the player has earned (All Time)
  • Games Played - Total amount of Games Played
  • Percentile - The percent of players the player matches up to (This replaces the Leaderboards). Percentile shows an estimated percent, for example if your top 1% in points it shows “5%” over 1%, To avoid anything like “I’m the best player, your bad”
Matchmaking
How do I know I’m playing against people with a similar skill level?

I believe each player should be queued with another player with similar points/percentile like If I’m in the top 10% of players I should be matches up with people in a +/-10% Range.
I also thought of another one with matching players with similar points like +/-250 with a max points of 1000 or 2000 points.

Gamemode “Shuffle”
What is Gamemode Shuffling?

Gamemode Shuffling will occur every Week/Month. Gamemode Shuffling will change the gamemode by these intervals to give each player there own gamemode. Shuffling will not entirely reset players points but decrease them by 25%. Gamemode Shuffling may encourage other players to want to participate in this gamemode as there favorite gamemode is featured for this week/month.
What gamemodes does this shuffle?
Any gamemode that has Eliminations!
This means a mode like Minerware won’t be added as it’s not all the time you are meant to eliminate players
It may be, Survival Games, SkyWars, Eggwars, or Lucky Islands. And any other gamemodes that I am forgetting!
What if my score is below 100 or at 100 before the reset?
If your score is below 100 it should be reset back to 100. And if your score is at or above 100 it should not drop below it, only if it’s by the playlist reset.

Last edited:

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Overall this sounds like a good idea! I think the matchmaking should be based on the percentage you’re in, to prevent people from not being able to find a game. And I think it might be a good idea to change the game every week for a nice variety. (Maybe only decrease the points every month to make it go about different games and give people a little longer to earn points, not sure about that though). And I also think that it might be a good idea to completely reset the points (everyone back to 100) every year, but that might cause people to feel like they lose their progress, so I’m not really sure about that either.

Reactions: Ether0p12348

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
completely reset the points (everyone back to 100) every year,
I did think about this and it’s not really the progress lost, but what happens to the people that actually can’t get past 200? They would have to go against people with a lot higher points at the beginning of the years making it harder, and probably not want to play as much

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I did think about this and it’s not really the progress lost, but what happens to the people that actually can’t get past 200? They would have to go against people with a lot higher points at the beginning of the years making it harder, and probably not want to play as much
What exactly do you mean?

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
Ranked Playlist
Ideas
•Point Systems
•Matchmaking

Point System
How does it work?
  • The point System will work by giving each player 100 points to start out with.
  • Points can increase by getting an Elimination (+1 Point) OR by winning the match (+10 Points)
  • Each Week/Month your score will decrease by 25%. When decreasing this number can only decrease to 100, if any player is below 100 points they are then reset to 100. (See point “Gamemode Shuffle” for more details)
What Does This Do?
This should ensure that each player is going against someone else with a similar skill. And resetting(by 25%) players points each week/month will give the player a reason to play again, to feel like progress is being made to be part of the top %.

What will this show?
  • Eliminations - The total Amount of Eliminations the player has earned (All Time)
  • Percentile - The percent of players the player matches up to (This replaces the Leaderboards). Percentile shows an estimated percent, for example if your top 1% in points it shows “5%” over 1%, To avoid anything like “I’m the best player, your bad”
Matchmaking

I believe each player should be queued with another player with similar points/percentile like If I’m in the top 10% of players I should be matches up with people in a +/-10% Range.
I also thought of another one with matching players with similar points like +/-250 with a max points of 1000 or 2000 points.

Gamemode “Shuffle”

Gamemode Shuffling will occur every Week/Month. Gamemode Shuffling will change the gamemode by these intervals to give each player there own gamemode. Shuffling will not entirely reset players points but decrease them by 25%. Gamemode Shuffling may encourage other players to want to participate in this gamemode as there favorite gamemode is featured for this week/month.
If your score is below 100 it should be reset back to 100. And if your score is at or above 100 it should not drop below it, only if it’s by the playlist reset.
The only problem I see with this is that there aren't nearly enough players on Java, and I'm not sure that most bedrock players will benefit from this, but it's an overall great idea and one that I would love to see implemented. +1

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
He means that at the beginning of the reset, very good players, who grind whatever gamemode will be going against players who have just started out. it makes it unfair the new players when the professionals can most likely crush them making it less enjoyable for the new-comers.
Ah I see, makes sense, but that should resolve itself soon enough right? After they play a little while they’ll be with people of their own skill level.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Ah I see, makes sense, but that should resolve itself soon enough right? After they play a little while they’ll be with people of their own skill level.
Yes but I see it as, a new player goes “oh cool a ranked gamemode? I can go against people my skill and have fun” but once they join there going against someone who are a lot better than them because everyone got reset back down to 100 points.

if I have 2,000 points and someone else has 600 and they are unable to increase that score, they are stuck there until the end of the year / reset they by going down 25% will be at 450
And me with my 2,000 points at a 25% reset will be at 1,500.

So at the restart I will be going against people who have around the same points as me.

But if we reset everyone to 100 points. Everyone who has a high amount of points as my 2,000 go against other people who only had 600 points, and they will be put at a huge disadvantage against people who had a high amount of points before.

Reactions: xHappyMood

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
The only problem I see with this is that there aren't nearly enough players on Java, and I'm not sure that most bedrock players will benefit from this, but it's an overall great idea and one that I would love to see implemented. +1
This gamemode will not take over any gamemode, but will act like the Skywars KB test, a whole separate gamemode.

But the Gamemode within it changes once a week/month

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I disagree with this suggestion, because of the fact that I don’t really like this kind of competitions and of some other reasons:
- First of all I think Java doesn’t have enough players to make this possible. Players will only be able to play against others with a 10% range of skills, which will obviously lead into a longer waiting-time before a game starts. Since CubeCraft is thinking about making platform-specific games for Bedrock (pc, mobile and console) I think the same reason will count for Bedrock. The player-base will be divided into 3 platforms, which already makes it harder to fill up games.
- I don’t really like this kind of competitive games, since I prefer just having fun with friends and try to win a game instead of tryharding and win as much games as possible. I think adding such Ranked Gamemodes will lead into more tryharders, toxic (since it would be more frustrating if you lose a game) and take away the fun of a single game.
Gamemode “Shuffle”

Also I’ve a question regarding to this part of your suggestion: what’s exactly the difference between gamemode shuffle and featured games/the permanent games?
&
Will the point system only work in ’gamemode shuffle’ or in all games?

I probably misunderstood this part of the suggestion, so sorry about that xd.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
don’t really like this kind of competitive games, since I prefer just having fun with friends and try to win a game instead of tryharding and win as much games as
This isn’t a suggestion for the entirety of gamemodes, but it’s own gamemode so normal players would be unaffected.

suggestion: what’s exactly the difference between gamemode shuffle and featured games/the permanent games?
The Shuffling part will chose between a gamemode, Eggwars, Skywars, survival games. That will be featured into the gamemode for that week/month.

Will the point system only work in ’gamemode shuffle’ or in all games?
The point system gets reset 25% of a players points when it happens

For example if we are playing Eggwars for this week (Jan 3rd - Jan 9th) and next weeks gamemode Survival Games and you have 2000 points total. Your score will decrease by 25% or 500 points. But if you have 300 points by January 10th. You will lose 75 points.
The player with 2000 starting with 1500 points and the player with 300 points starting with 225 points.

The player with 1500 points will be matched with more people that have around 1500
And the player with 225 with people similar to 225.

But again THIS IS IT’S OWN ISOLATED GAMEMODE I do not want this to replace eggwars, SkyWars, or SG entirely. I want it to be a weekly/monthly event that players can play to have competitive matches

Reactions: ShinyArrow

7fishy7

Novice Member
Nov 30, 2016
Ranked Playlist
Ideas
•Point Systems
•Matchmaking

Point System
How does it work?
What Does This Do?

What will this show?
Matchmaking

Gamemode “Shuffle”

I like the idea, I just think that instead of it resetting every month, and the ranked game changing every month, just add a ranked mode to all the current pvp modes. Skywars, eggwars, survival games, and maybe ranked duels. I don't know if lucky blocks is really a game that should have ranked as to me it seems like a more party game, to have fun and try to get lucky with the blocks for items. So making it ranked, would be almost rng based more than skill.

Clearly skyblock, wont have ranked modes, I'm not sure about the rest.

Good idea for the systems and all that, expect I don't think you should cap the point if you play with people +/-10% of your rank. this way player can always have something to grind for. For example the first person to hit 2000 point would always be the "#1 player" and nobody can overtake them unless they drop points. So a cap free point system would make it more fun in my opinion so players can always have a goal to grind to the "top"

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
This isn’t a suggestion for the entirety of gamemodes, but it’s own gamemode so normal players would be unaffected.

The Shuffling part will chose between a gamemode, Eggwars, Skywars, survival games. That will be featured into the gamemode for that week/month.

The point system gets reset 25% of a players points when it happens

For example if we are playing Eggwars for this week (Jan 3rd - Jan 9th) and next weeks gamemode Survival Games and you have 2000 points total. Your score will decrease by 25% or 500 points. But if you have 300 points by January 10th. You will lose 75 points.
The player with 2000 starting with 1500 points and the player with 300 points starting with 225 points.

The player with 1500 points will be matched with more people that have around 1500
And the player with 225 with people similar to 225.

But again THIS IS IT’S OWN ISOLATED GAMEMODE I do not want this to replace eggwars, SkyWars, or SG entirely. I want it to be a weekly/monthly event that players can play to have competitive matches
Then I've misunderstood the full suggestion and my second argument doesn't count. I'll not support this suggestion because I don't really like this (as said in my second argument) but I've no problem if this gets added, since I have the option to don't play it.
Don’t play it then, problem solved :banter:
I misunderstood the suggestion, because I thought it would work for all gamemodes, that's why I asked that under my feedback.

Reactions: xHappyMood

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
and the ranked game changing every month, just add a ranked mode to all the current pvp modes. Skywars, eggwars, survival games, and maybe ranked duels.
I would rather have it a weekly/monthly gamemode so it doesn’t split the entire community up, because if it has all of skywars, eggwars, and SG running at the same time thats 10 different modes....
expect I don't think you should cap the point if you play with people +/-10% of your rank.
this is why I made the other paragraph saying playing with other players +/-250 points

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
made some edits
Such as:
To make it more clear that I want it to be a separate gamemode!
Points decrease when leaving the match early (-6% points, incase it was a dc issue)
More information on how points work!
What gamemodes does this shuffle?Any gamemode that has Eliminations!This means a mode like Minerware won’t be added as it’s not all the time you are meant to eliminate playersIt may be, Survival Games, SkyWars, Eggwars, or Lucky Islands. And any other gamemodes that I am forgetting!
Added more description to one of the points so it would make more sense!

If anything else confuses somebody please say what confuses you, I will explain it and edit it in the the main post so more people may understand things

^^ I made this post to inform anyone who may have already voted/misunderstood in the replies. Incase they may want to change there vote or ask something else

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
This would fix the entire device specific game issues because its gonna be about skill, not what device ur playing on
Not entirely, it’s not skill based matchmaking for all games, but a specific gamemode. Normal Eggwars, Skywars, SG, LuckyIslands would be unaffected.
I want this to be it’s own gamemode :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
JustNathie wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Birthday! 💜 🎉
Top Bottom