Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you believe that this is a gamemode worth being added into the CubeCraft Java server?

• Total voters

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
The CubeCraft community is diverse, with both competitive and casual players in every game.

What the Ranked Eggwars game mode will do will be to appease the competitive side of CubeCraft's network while leaving more relaxed gameplay on the normal Eggwars game mode.

Why should this be added?
In the past experience, I've had while playing Eggwars, it's very often to see a player complaining about CubeCraft's large competitive community which ruins the fun for more casual players. With a Ranked Eggwars game mode, this would divide the community and make it easier for casual players to enjoy

How does it work?
Competitive mode on Eggwars will require the player to be above a certain level (for example, 10) or require a certain amount of wins in the normal version of Eggwars (for example, 25-50). The Competitive mode will have a major emphasis on the current meta seen in the normal Eggwars game mode, along with a lot of stuff disliked by the competitive community removed.

Here is a shortlist of examples displaying what the Competitive game mode should achieve:
• Very difficult to stack.
• Direct combat is highly encouraged.
• Shorter fights.
• No more having over 30 golden apples by end game (that happens in solo & team egg wars too much).
• No kits and abilities to make everyone equal.
• Extremely hard to create a giant egg defence (with obsidian which happens a lot).
• Unique maps that encourage PVP and discourage camping (also including little to no interference in combat).
• Games that don't last over 10 minutes at maximum.

Here is a shortlist of examples stating what can be done to the Competitive game mode:
• Removed voting option for double & triple health.
• Obsidian is more expensive in Overpowered mode (5 gold per obsidian block)
• Removed Level 4 gold generator (to prevent stacking)
• Removed Level 3 diamond generator (to prevent stacking) *controversial idea*
• Removed Level 4 iron generator (to prevent stacking)
• Armour durability nerfed (10%-50% to prevent long fights). *controversial idea*
• Golden apple price increased to 5 gold in Overpowered mode.
• Removed Hardcore mode. *controversial idea*
• Bow durability nerfed (by 10%-75%)
• Removed Diamond Armour in Overpowered mode.
• Removed Iron Armour in Normal mode.
• Diamond Generators shut off after 7 minutes of game-time (to prevent long games and stacking)
• Ender pearls are cheaper (10%-25%).

This list would go on to encourage PvP whilst discouraging camping, making it a very good option for those who want to play more competitively in Eggwars while allowing casual players to play against those at or around their skill level.

Benefits of winning in competitive/ranked mode:
• More points.
• More exp.

*Sorry if this conclusion is rushed as I have to leave very soon*
Overall, a ranked egg wars game mode will allow players to play against those at a similar skill level. While new players can learn how to play Eggwars through the normal version, competitive players can learn how to use the current meta to it's fullest potential through the ranked version.

Edit:
This mode would only be added if CubeCraft reaches an average of 8k daily players and the pre-lobbies return.

Last edited:

mariannaaa

Mar 18, 2020
Hey Drzqm,

I do agree with what your idea. In fact it's a great idea, there are many players with ranks that are very skilled. The examples you listed are fair, and coming from a ranked player, i would in fact prefer playing this gamemode. But there is a flaw, it shouldn't be just a 'Ranked Player Gamemode'. A player above a specific level, lets make it 25, should be able to join this gamemode. But overall this idea is great and i would love for it to be made real.

See ya :)

Reactions: luv!

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I like your idea. I think the only problem is, is that the player base it probably not hight enough. This means that Normal Eggwars will die or Ranked will die.

I've still voted yes because I would love to play Eggwars Ranked.

klqus

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2017
United Kingdom
I think this is a very good idea for a new Gamemode. Cube needs something new like this to help its player base rise back up. Trying things like this wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: 404Owl and luv!

GoodGuyZEK

May 29, 2019
Scotland
twitch.tv
The CubeCraft community is diverse, with both competitive and casual players in every game.

What the Ranked Eggwars game mode will do will be to appease the competitive side of CubeCraft's network while leaving more relaxed gameplay on the normal Eggwars game mode.

Why should this be added?
In the past experience, I've had while playing Eggwars, it's very often to see a player complaining about CubeCraft's large competitive community which ruins the fun for more casual players. With a Ranked Eggwars game mode, this would divide the community and make it easier for casual players to enjoy

How does it work?
Competitive mode on Eggwars will require the player to be above a certain level (for example, 10) or require a certain amount of wins in the normal version of Eggwars (for example, 25-50). The Competitive mode will have a major emphasis on the current meta seen in the normal Eggwars game mode, along with a lot of stuff disliked by the competitive community removed.

Here is a shortlist of examples displaying what the Competitive game mode should achieve:
• Shorter fights.
• No more having over 30 golden apples by end game (that happens in solo & team egg wars too much).
• Extremely hard to create a giant egg defence (with obsidian which happens a lot).
• Unique maps that encourage PVP and discourage camping (also including little to no interference in combat).

Here is a shortlist of examples stating what can be done to the Competitive game mode:
• Removed voting option for double & triple health.
• Obsidian is more expensive in Overpowered mode (5 gold per obsidian block)
• Removed Level 4 gold generator (to prevent stacking)
• Removed Level 3 diamond generator (to prevent stacking) *controversial idea*
• Removed Level 4 iron generator (to prevent stacking)
• Armour durability nerfed (10%-50% to prevent long fights). *controversial idea*
• Golden apple price increased to 5 gold in Overpowered mode.
• Removed Hardcore mode. *controversial idea*
• Bow durability nerfed (by 10%-75%)
• Removed Diamond Armour in Overpowered mode.
• Removed Iron Armour in Normal mode.
• Diamond Generators shut off after 7 minutes of game-time (to prevent long games and stacking)
• Ender pearls are cheaper (10%-25%).

This list would go on to encourage PvP whilst discouraging camping, making it a very good option for those who want to play more competitively in Eggwars while allowing casual players to play against those at or around their skill level.

Benefits of winning in competitive/ranked mode:
• More points.
• More exp.

*Sorry if this conclusion is rushed as I have to leave very soon*
Overall, a ranked egg wars game mode will allow players to play against those at a similar skill level. While new players can learn how to play Eggwars through the normal version, competitive players can learn how to use the current meta to it's fullest potential through the ranked version.

Edit:
This mode would only be added if CubeCraft reaches an average of 8k daily players and the pre-lobbies return.

I love this idea and the concept of adding a ranked mode for eggwars and I would also love to see it in other mode like Survival Games and Skywars but there is a couple issues with this that will likely result in ranked not being added.

1. Toxicity
Toxicity is a byproduct of ranked gameplay. In full-fledged shooters such as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Ranked games are extremely toxic whereas "casual mode" is more chilled and less toxic. Adding a ranked mode to CCG will likely increase levels of toxicity currently on this server

2. Hackers
Hacking on CCG is a major issue on this server, It is very rare for me to play a gaming session of maybe 2 hours and not encounter at least 1. The lack of an efficient anti-cheat is definitely a main factor in this. The introduction of ranked will more than likely sway hackers from the "casual modes" and into ranked. Therefore ruining ranked for legit players and it basically becomes a hacker haven.

3. Rewards
Traditionally, ranked modes have a ranking system. Whether someone uses ranked names like in Rainbow Six Siege where they call it Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Champion. The way this is calculated is by using the "elo system". This system is used in chess ranking as well. You basically gain "elo" or "ranked points" by winning games.

On CCG it would probably be by adding points depending on certain variables like:
- Destroyed Eggs
- Eliminations/Final Kills
- Time survived
- What place did you come in?
- Did you get eliminated by a lower ranked player?

Not many people would play ranked just for higher gain in XP and points as it defeats the point in a "ranked mode". I know I wouldn't play for a gain in that

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
1. Toxicity
Toxicity is a byproduct of ranked gameplay. In full-fledged shooters such as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Ranked games are extremely toxic whereas "casual mode" is more chilled and less toxic. Adding a ranked mode to CCG will likely increase levels of toxicity currently on this server
I feel like this can be avoided if they ban a couple of common words used by toxic people on this gamemode. e.g "izi" "noob" ect. And if toxicity becomes too much of a problem they could remove the global chat or only allow people to say "gg" or "gf" in this mode.

2. Hackers
Hacking on CCG is a major issue on this server, It is very rare for me to play a gaming session of maybe 2 hours and not encounter at least 1. The lack of an efficient anti-cheat is definitely a main factor in this. The introduction of ranked will more than likely sway hackers from the "casual modes" and into ranked. Therefore ruining ranked for legit players and it basically becomes a hacker haven.

Honestly hacking used to be a huge problem 2/3 months ago, I personally saw a hacker every 10 games or so. But in the last month or so the rate of hackers have dramatically decreased (I'm talking about java 1.9+ version here). I don't think I've actually seen a hacker in the past 2 weeks. So I don't think this would be a big issue, and if it does become a big issue the staff team could make reports from competitive mode a priority to review over casual mode.

GoodGuyZEK

May 29, 2019
Scotland
twitch.tv
I feel like this can be avoided if they ban a couple of common words used by toxic people on this gamemode. e.g "izi" "noob" ect. And if toxicity becomes too much of a problem they could remove the global chat or only allow people to say "gg" or "gf" in this mode.

Honestly hacking used to be a huge problem 2/3 months ago, I personally saw a hacker every 10 games or so. But in the last month or so the rate of hackers have dramatically decreased (I'm talking about java 1.9+ version here). I don't think I've actually seen a hacker in the past 2 weeks. So I don't think this would be a big issue, and if it does become a big issue the staff team could make reports from competitive mode a priority to review over casual mode.

I like the suggestion for resolving hackers. There should be an option for /report for all players in ranked since it's ranked after all.

The toxicity resolving isn't too bad but people will always find ways around restrictions to be toxic

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I disagree because this will just encourage try harding and camping which arent fun
But thats the point of it. Casual players can play normal, and the more skilled players that want to focus on rushing and being competitive can play the ranked mode. Also, i dont really see camping happening in a ranked mode.

D

Deleted member 469419

How does it work?
Competitive mode on Eggwars will require the player to be above a certain level (for example, 10) or require a certain amount of wins in the normal version of Eggwars (for example, 25-50)

I think that this idea would be amazing to the bedrock community.
Cubecraft java have actually few players so they can't allow to add a ranked mode. Other problem I see on this: You said that this would require a minimum of a level 10, well that's a good level to start, but you have to think one thing, Overall, hackers are level 1 because they use alts, then, this mean that players would be only playing ranked skywars because the hackers can't so we'd be leaving solo normal skywars to their luck.

Sorry, but this is a no from me, have a few concerns about this. However, this would be a nice thing to add in bedrock (:

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I think that this idea would be amazing to the bedrock community.
Cubecraft java have actually few players so they can't allow to add a ranked mode. Other problem I see on this: You said that this would require a minimum of a level 10, well that's a good level to start, but you have to think one thing, Overall, hackers are level 1 because they use alts, then, this mean that players would be only playing ranked skywars because the hackers can't so we'd be leaving solo normal skywars to their luck.

Sorry, but this is a no from me, have a few concerns about this. However, this would be a nice thing to add in bedrock (:
Well im going to have to disagree. The thing is that pc gaming is way more competitive then console gaming, so the java server should be the one to get a ranked mode. Also, the java server has been around longer, so java players are more skilled, so a ranked mode would benifit java players more.

D

Deleted member 469419

Well im going to have to disagree. The thing is that pc gaming is way more competitive then console gaming, so the java server should be the one to get a ranked mode. Also, the java server has been around longer, so java players are more skilled, so a ranked mode would benifit java players more.

Bedrock currently count with more than 26k players whilst java does it with 3.5/4.3k (as much)...

This would let empty the normal eggwars games.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Bedrock currently count with more than 26k players whilst java does it with 3.5/4.3k (as much)...

I mean like i understand your point of view, but consider this. Back when they released the beta, they were risking splitting the playerbase. It cant hurt to take the same risk on something players are actually asking for. Also because a large chunk of java eggwars players are highly skilled veterans that have been around for many years, and a ranked mode would really serve to freshen up the game. Newer players can still play the normal mode.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
But thats the point of it. Casual players can play normal, and the more skilled players that want to focus on rushing and being competitive can play the ranked mode. Also, i dont really see camping happening in a ranked mode.
well i disagree i dont think we should encourage this sort of gameplay
normal eggwars is fine because you can still rush on there and maps like rome and mansion are wayyyy more fun than other camping maps

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
well i disagree i dont think we should encourage this sort of gameplay
normal eggwars is fine because you can still rush on there and maps like rome and mansion are wayyyy more fun than other camping maps
This sort of gameplay is used by the majority of competitive players on CubeCraft, so why not create a game mode dedicated to these players? In every map, you can still rush, but players who camp make it increasingly difficult to rush. By removing a lot of the elements disliked by the competitive side of the Java community, competitive players can enjoy an immersive and fast-paced experience while casual players can experiment with their playstyle in the normal Eggwars.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Most of the suggested features are things I LIKE about Egg Wars. Not to mention splitting the community over something, not too many people could play, to begin with. -1

This game mode isn't meant to split a community, rather give the players more versatility in how they'd like to play. If they want a more challenging experience, play the competitive mode. If they want a more relaxed game mode, play the normal version. All the ideas I've listed have a reason, which I'll have listed below here:

• Shorter fights.
• Stacking is a problem; games are exponentially long.
• Fighting more often acclimates the player to rushing more often which trains and improves their PVP.
• Shorter fights result in faster games; which are highly anticipated by the competitive Java players.
• If you have over 30 golden apples, the fight ends once your armour breaks, not to mention if you have a spare set.
• The lack of kits and abilities makes it fair in the sense that older players who may not be as formidable as they are would have a subtle advantage over newer but more skilled players.
• Making it exponentially harder to create giant Egg defences would just shorten the amount of time in a game. I don't see how you can disagree with this.
• Maps that encourage rushing would acclimate players to a more PVP oriented playstyle, which would also shorten the game time.
• Ensuring games don't last over 10 minutes forces players to be more conservative of their time.

I disagree because this will just encourage try harding and camping which arent fun
I'm not really sure how this would encourage camping, as the main goal of this game mode was to discourage camping. All this would primarily do would let casual players play more relaxed in the normal Eggwars game mode while allowing competitive players to compete against others of a similar skill level in a game mode which supports the meta being used in the current Eggwars.

I've edited the post a bit back letting everyone know that this game mode should only be implemented alongside the return of the pre-lobbies which is coming back if CubeCraft gets an average of 8k+ players a day again.

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
Hey!

To be honest, I don't like competitive games, and I think the users won't play this. I'm sorry, but It's a NO for me.
Thank you for the suggestion anyway. Keep it up! 😜

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom