Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you believe that this is a gamemode worth being added into the CubeCraft Java server?

• Total voters

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Yes, you can say I'm indirectly calling newer players bad. It's innevitable that players who DON'T KNOW how to play the game will have difficulties playing in contrast to long time veterans, so why put them in the same match? Your argument doesn't make sense. First of all, you're saying that because I am trying to make it easier for newer players to adjust to the mechanics and create a playstyle they're comfortable with, I'm supposedly being disrespectfull. Second of all, you're saying it will make an even more toxic atmosphere which will leave newer players quitting. Yes, I'm aware the more competitive a gamemode is, the more toxicity released into it's overall environment, but long-time and more skilled players are already aclimated to this. I don't understand how this would affect newer players in the NORMAL EGGWARS. In fact, it would be quite the conturary. With less competitive players on the normal version comes less toxicity, resulting in a much more peaceful enviornment for new players to adjust to. Once they're much more experienced and know how to deal with the small portion of toxic players on the normal version, they can move to the competitive mode and play there agaisnt players of their skill level. To think the current Eggwars has a nice and friendly atmosphere is completely false. So many competitive players ruin the experience for new players; leaving the decline of players on the Java network becoming worse and worse. Lastly, if you so do enjoy a friendly envoirnment, this is the goal Competitive mode attempts to achieve by dividing the community into two, leaving room on one end to encourage diverse playstyles, friendly bahaviour, and experimenting with different mechanics. In the other hand, competitive Eggwars will satasfy what the majority of competitive players want in an Eggwars experience; which right now includes a fast paced game, less stacking, and direct hand to hand combat heavily encouraged. In regards to toxicity, it would innevitably increase in this gamemode, and drop in the normal version, however, it's better than merging postitive and toxic players into one gamemode as then it would influence positive and optimistic players to become more rude and disrespectfull towards others; innivitably increasing the amount of toxic players at a much larger scale.
Hopefully I was able to answer all your doubts about this concept. If you still disagree with it, please provide a logical arugment, not "I dislike it because I don't like this playstyle so no one should" as that doesn't prove anything. Although it's your oppinion, this is something a large portion of the commnity wants, hence why I'm suggesting it. Like I said, please feel more than welcome to provide more reasons about why you disagree with this.

Thanks, and have a nice day! :))
Dreamspqce
Dang, your really good at making solid arguments, and being respectful about it. Nice work!

Reactions: luv!

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
nope you are just being rude now because a new players can always win even against someone with a lot of wins also how will new players learn if they are just playing against other new players all the time? they need to face experience players to learn the game
This game mode just supports the meta and playstyle the MAJORITY of competitive players use. It also gives newer players a chance to compete against players of their own skill. Even if a very new player is comparable to those who are on the leaderboards, they can simply grind to meet the requirements to be able to play in the competitive mode. To answer your question about how will new players gain more experience if they're only playing against other new players, it's not just NEW players you'll be facing. Casual players in general who dislike extremely competitive players and fast-paced playstyles would play on this mode. Answer this; which would a new player have a better chance of defeating in combat: A decently experienced player enjoying the game and using a relaxed playstyle, or an extremely experienced player on 5+ leaderboards who is capable of winning in 1v4s against other veterans? I know it's exaggerated, but this is primarily the case in regards to skill level and the major skill gap between newer players and competitive ones.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
Yes, you can say I'm indirectly calling newer players bad. It's innevitable that players who DON'T KNOW how to play the game will have difficulties playing in contrast to long time veterans, so why put them in the same match? Your argument doesn't make sense. First of all, you're saying that because I am trying to make it easier for newer players to adjust to the mechanics and create a playstyle they're comfortable with, I'm supposedly being disrespectfull. Second of all, you're saying it will make an even more toxic atmosphere which will leave newer players quitting. Yes, I'm aware the more competitive a gamemode is, the more toxicity released into it's overall environment, but long-time and more skilled players are already aclimated to this. I don't understand how this would affect newer players in the NORMAL EGGWARS. In fact, it would be quite the conturary. With less competitive players on the normal version comes less toxicity, resulting in a much more peaceful enviornment for new players to adjust to. Once they're much more experienced and know how to deal with the small portion of toxic players on the normal version, they can move to the competitive mode and play there agaisnt players of their skill level. To think the current Eggwars has a nice and friendly atmosphere is completely false. So many competitive players ruin the experience for new players; leaving the decline of players on the Java network becoming worse and worse. Lastly, if you so do enjoy a friendly envoirnment, this is the goal Competitive mode attempts to achieve by dividing the community into two, leaving room on one end to encourage diverse playstyles, friendly bahaviour, and experimenting with different mechanics. In the other hand, competitive Eggwars will satasfy what the majority of competitive players want in an Eggwars experience; which right now includes a fast paced game, less stacking, and direct hand to hand combat heavily encouraged. In regards to toxicity, it would innevitably increase in this gamemode, and drop in the normal version, however, it's better than merging postitive and toxic players into one gamemode as then it would influence positive and optimistic players to become more rude and disrespectfull towards others; innivitably increasing the amount of toxic players at a much larger scale.
Hopefully I was able to answer all your doubts about this concept. If you still disagree with it, please provide a logical arugment, not "I dislike it because I don't like this playstyle so no one should" as that doesn't prove anything. Although it's your oppinion, this is something a large portion of the commnity wants, hence why I'm suggesting it. Like I said, please feel more than welcome to provide more reasons about why you disagree with this.

Thanks, and have a nice day! :))
Dreamspqce
well look you said it yourself about how you will merge the nice friendly players into one mode and toxic players into another! i do not think we should be rewarding toxic players with there own game mode at all and the admins should ignore them so the toxic people leave the server.
also you are saying that most players like this idea but where is your proof because on here 14/32 people disagree with you and you probably got your friends to vote yes so i would say more than half disagree with this game mode!

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
well look you said it yourself about how you will merge the nice friendly players into one mode and toxic players into another! i do not think we should be rewarding toxic players with there own game mode at all and the admins should ignore them so the toxic people leave the server.
also you are saying that most players like this idea but where is your proof because on here 14/32 people disagree with you and you probably got your friends to vote yes so i would say more than half disagree with this game mode!
For starters, we aren't rewarding players for being toxic. In fact, I almost never see an experienced player be toxic/rude. Sure, there are some, but the experienced players tend to be older, and a bit more mature then newer players. Im not saying that new players are young/immature, im just saying that when I see toxicity, I usually see it from newer players that get overly mad when they lose a fight, which generally means that arent as mature.

Also, saying that he asked his friends to vote yes doesnt really mean anything, as you couldve asked your friends to vote no. Even if he did ask his friends to vote yes, then so what? In politics, people go all around their country asking people to vote for them! Its completely legit. People will only vote yes if they think the decision is a good decision.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Well, look! I've also stated how this would dramatically decrease the amount of toxicity at a much larger scale. Please actually READ through my response and continue from there. Thanks :))

Please keep in mind that the 32 people who voted aren't even close to the vast size of the competitive community of CubeCraft. They're only members of the forum which is in it itself is already a small fraction of the entire community as a whole. Please take a look at competitive tournament servers like the one by @Dreamer and see their opinions on it if you want to look at it this at another competitive player's standpoint. And are you really serious with the accusation of me getting my friends to vote on a FORUMS post? Like please be a bit coherent with your disagreements and tell me something constructive so I can improve in the near future.

Reactions: 404Owl

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
Well, look! I've also stated how this would dramatically decrease the amount of toxicity at a much larger scale. Please actually READ through my response and continue from there. Thanks :))

Please keep in mind that the 32 people who voted aren't even close to the vast size of the competitive community of CubeCraft. They're only members of the forum which is in it itself is already a small fraction of the entire community as a whole. Please take a look at competitive tournament servers like the one by @Dreamer and see their opinions on it if you want to look at it this at another competitive player's standpoint. And are you really serious with the accusation of me getting my friends to vote on a FORUMS post? Like please be a bit coherent with your disagreements and tell me something constructive so I can improve in the near future.
you said it yourself the forums is only a small part of cubecraft so that means people on the server itself probably wont like the idea of competitive stuff forced down our throats
also cubecraft has never been competitive it is for people to just chill out and relax and play in parties. other servers have competitive modes why would cubecraft (child friendly server) want competitive modes on here? i have seen dreamers tournament and to be honest it seems boring i dont think eggwars was made to be competitive and in my opinion never should be

• Haha

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
you said it yourself the forums is only a small part of cubecraft so that means people on the server itself probably wont like the idea of competitive stuff forced down our throats
also cubecraft has never been competitive it is for people to just chill out and relax and play in parties. other servers have competitive modes why would cubecraft (child friendly server) want competitive modes on here? i have seen dreamers tournament and to be honest it seems boring i dont think eggwars was made to be competitive and in my opinion never should be
Ok, none of this is really true. Its not forced down your throat, you can still play casual. Also, there is definitely a side of the community that is competitive, while younger players can play casual. Also, most of the competitive players arent on the fourms, and they would like a ranked mode that presents more of a challenge. Also, a higher percentage of the poll wants a ranked mode

• Love

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Going to answer simply from now on to make sure you understand what I'm trying to say:
1. Not forced; I don't know where you came up with this.
2. Either you've been really lucky, or you've never played a 4 player team map on Eggwars; CubeCraft hasn't been a relaxed and chill server in forever. Players are constantly getting better, and with this number increasing, it's better to create a game mode exclusive to them so they can play against others of their skill level and NOT wipeout players who have no experience playing the game.
3. If other servers (which are COMPOSED by CubeCraft PLAYERS) are trying to host competitive tournaments, that already shows that CubeCraft has countless players who are competitive. I understand that you dislike competitive play and you're entitled to that opinion, but opinion can't defeat fact and the fact here is that MANY players enjoy this type of playstyle; so why not have it directly supported by the staff?
4. Like I said earlier, you're entitled to that opinion, but this isn't some small 30 member player base. @Dreamer 's sever is composed of 800+ members which already in itself says something as CubeCraft's Java network generally has around 3000 members; 1/3 of that player base play Eggwars. If CubeCraft's Java network primarily has 1000 players playing Eggwars, and external COMPETITIVE communities have 8/10 that same amount of players; competitive play is undoubtedly liked by many; however, you've indicated that you dislike it, so if this was added, you can happily play more relaxed on the NORMAL game mode as opposed to the COMPETITIVE one.
5. You don't think Eggwars was made to be competitive. Nobody plans to make a Minecraft mini-game ultra-competitive unless directly requested by a COMPETITIVE player base which clearly wasn't the case back when Eggwars was first made public. Competitive play is oriented around the COMMUNITY which finds out and creates a diverse and unique meta. This competitive game mode only enhances that meta and removes unnecessary vanities disliked by this COMMUNITY. As I've mentioned earlier, you don't like competitive play, but OTHERS do. The "others" are a large population that shouldn't be overshadowed as they enhance the diversity of CubeCraft even more. Did you see the amount of backlash by the community when Beta was merged with the original Eggwars? Why was there so much negative feedback? Because it tweaked the classic meta drastically, making competitive play becoming increasingly difficult as players who spent TIME to learn how to speed bridge were made equal to new players who haven't devoted any time into the game who could simply use an auto bridge. Point of the matter is that this meta could be brought to its fullest potential with this game mode and it's something players actually want. Maybe not you since you're not competitive, but that's fine. Just don't try and speak on behalf of the entire player base saying this mode wouldn't work because you dislike it.

I hope this wasn't too long, but then again, if you have anything else against this, please feel free to reply to this post below! :))

Reactions: 404Owl

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
Going to answer simply from now on to make sure you understand what I'm trying to say:
1. Not forced; I don't know where you came up with this.
2. Either you've been really lucky, or you've never played a 4 player team map on Eggwars; CubeCraft hasn't been a relaxed and chill server in forever. Players are constantly getting better, and with this number increasing, it's better to create a game mode exclusive to them so they can play against others of their skill level and NOT wipeout players who have no experience playing the game.
3. If other servers (which are COMPOSED by CubeCraft PLAYERS) are trying to host competitive tournaments, that already shows that CubeCraft has countless players who are competitive. I understand that you dislike competitive play and you're entitled to that opinion, but opinion can't defeat fact and the fact here is that MANY players enjoy this type of playstyle; so why not have it directly supported by the staff?
4. Like I said earlier, you're entitled to that opinion, but this isn't some small 30 member player base. @Dreamer 's sever is composed of 800+ members which already in itself says something as CubeCraft's Java network generally has around 3000 members; 1/3 of that player base play Eggwars. If CubeCraft's Java network primarily has 1000 players playing Eggwars, and external COMPETITIVE communities have 8/10 that same amount of players; competitive play is undoubtedly liked by many; however, you've indicated that you dislike it, so if this was added, you can happily play more relaxed on the NORMAL game mode as opposed to the COMPETITIVE one.
5. You don't think Eggwars was made to be competitive. Nobody plans to make a Minecraft mini-game ultra-competitive unless directly requested by a COMPETITIVE player base which clearly wasn't the case back when Eggwars was first made public. Competitive play is oriented around the COMMUNITY which finds out and creates a diverse and unique meta. This competitive game mode only enhances that meta and removes unnecessary vanities disliked by this COMMUNITY. As I've mentioned earlier, you don't like competitive play, but OTHERS do. The "others" are a large population that shouldn't be overshadowed as they enhance the diversity of CubeCraft even more. Did you see the amount of backlash by the community when Beta was merged with the original Eggwars? Why was there so much negative feedback? Because it tweaked the classic meta drastically, making competitive play becoming increasingly difficult as players who spent TIME to learn how to speed bridge were made equal to new players who haven't devoted any time into the game who could simply use an auto bridge. Point of the matter is that this meta could be brought to its fullest potential with this game mode and it's something players actually want. Maybe not you since you're not competitive, but that's fine. Just don't try and speak on behalf of the entire player base saying this mode wouldn't work because you dislike it.

I hope this wasn't too long, but then again, if you have anything else against this, please feel free to reply to this post below! :))
Ok look lets say competitive eggwars is added and there is also regular eggwars. That would mean the eggwars players are split into 2 groups again (just like when eggwars and beta eggwars was there or like when speed eggwars was a thing) so that means both games will suffer because the games will take longer to fill. that is another reason why i dont think competitive eggwars should be allowed because it will split the player base again and games will take twice as long to start and it will be boring especially when school is back and cube will have less player on

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Ok look lets say competitive eggwars is added and there is also regular eggwars. That would mean the eggwars players are split into 2 groups again (just like when eggwars and beta eggwars was there or like when speed eggwars was a thing) so that means both games will suffer because the games will take longer to fill. that is another reason why i dont think competitive eggwars should be allowed because it will split the player base again and games will take twice as long to start and it will be boring especially when school is back and cube will have less player on
That is definetly a legit concern, but they took this risk with beta eggward, as u pointed out. It cant hurt to take this risk with adding a ranked mode, because its something players are actually asking for, and because ranked modes are very traditional in the wider minecraft multiplayer community, so it is something competitive players will understand, unlike the beta eggwars.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Again, please take the time to actually read my original post. I've stated when this type of game mode would be implemented.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
well ok you may agree with it but the staff for sure dont and this game mode wont ever get added to the server so im happy (no offence)
Still doesn't answer my question but alright. This game mode would only be added if CubeCraft can manage to pull an average of 8k players a day. Once that's a thing, I can always re-upload this suggestion. Using "ever" is a strong term. Don't shadow CubeCraft's potential.

Dreamspqce :))

• Angry
Reactions: EggCracker12
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
Top Bottom