Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you believe that this is a gamemode worth being added into the CubeCraft Java server?

• Total voters

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
well i disagree i dont think we should encourage this sort of gameplay
normal eggwars is fine because you can still rush on there and maps like rome and mansion are wayyyy more fun than other camping maps
Ok, so having highly experienced players in the same game as new players isnt good. The new players will leave the game and maybe leave the server all together, which will then harm the servers long term growth. If we seperate the experienced players from new players, yes, it will be slower for lobbies in the short term, but at least having a chance to win the game will feel much more welcoming to the new players, and long term will help to grow the server, both competitively and casually

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Hey!

To be honest, I don't like competitive games, and I think the users won't play this. I'm sorry, but It's a NO for me.
Thank you for the suggestion anyway. Keep it up! 😜
Now i respect your opinion, and i get how newer players wont like the competitive mode, but this is directed at experienced players. Also, read my previous post about how having highly skilled players and newer players isnt a good thing.

Reactions: Gregeyy

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
This game mode isn't meant to split a community, rather give the players more versatility in how they'd like to play. If they want a more challenging experience, play the competitive mode. If they want a more relaxed game mode, play the normal version. All the ideas I've listed have a reason, which I'll have listed below here:

• Stacking is a problem; games are exponentially long.
• Fighting more often acclimates the player to rushing more often which trains and improves their PVP.
• Shorter fights result in faster games; which are highly anticipated by the competitive Java players.
• If you have over 30 golden apples, the fight ends once your armour breaks, not to mention if you have a spare set.
• The lack of kits and abilities makes it fair in the sense that older players who may not be as formidable as they are would have a subtle advantage over newer but more skilled players.
• Making it exponentially harder to create giant Egg defences would just shorten the amount of time in a game. I don't see how you can disagree with this.
• Maps that encourage rushing would acclimate players to a more PVP oriented playstyle, which would also shorten the game time.
• Ensuring games don't last over 10 minutes forces players to be more conservative of their time.

I'm not really sure how this would encourage camping, as the main goal of this game mode was to discourage camping. All this would primarily do would let casual players play more relaxed in the normal Eggwars game mode while allowing competitive players to compete against others of a similar skill level in a game mode which supports the meta being used in the current Eggwars.

I've edited the post a bit back letting everyone know that this game mode should only be implemented alongside the return of the pre-lobbies which is coming back if CubeCraft gets an average of 8k+ players a day again.
well i still disagree i dont think its fair to have 2 game modes 1 game mode is fine and everyone can play how they want to in it also the server will get laggy if there are many eggwars games

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
Ok, so having highly experienced players in the same game as new players isnt good. The new players will leave the game and maybe leave the server all together, which will then harm the servers long term growth. If we seperate the experienced players from new players, yes, it will be slower for lobbies in the short term, but at least having a chance to win the game will feel much more welcoming to the new players, and long term will help to grow the server, both competitively and casually
maybe the more experienced players should relax and play casual then instead of wanting new game mode

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Hey!

To be honest, I don't like competitive games, and I think the users won't play this. I'm sorry, but It's a NO for me.
Thank you for the suggestion anyway. Keep it up! 😜
This game mode is centred around satisfying what competitive players want in an egg wars game. It contains many different elements that support and enhance a more fast-paced competitive experience. Although you may disagree with this kind of playstyle (which is totally fine as it boils down to personal preference), a large population of the CubeCraft competitive community enjoys this playstyle, hence having a game mode which supports the meta at such a level would inevitably give the more competitive players something they want while allowing casual players to experience a more relaxed playstyle where they can experiment with their own unique playstyles.

well i think that is rude to the new players
This wouldn't insult newer players in any way, more so just give them a better chance to learn and acclimate themselves to the game's mechanics and meta in the Normal egg wars mode while experienced players would play against players at their skill level in the competitive mode. All it does statistically is reduce the amount of extremely skilled players wiping out entire lobbies and give newer players a chance to play against players of their skill level.

well i still disagree i dont think its fair to have 2 game modes 1 game mode is fine and everyone can play how they want to in it
One game mode isn't fine. As I mentioned earlier, having a mode dedicated to competitive players will balance out the difficulty. We all know that there is a massive skill-gap between new and old players, so if they each have their own game mode, players can't just wipe out entire lobbies. Another thing is that many if not all competitive players play on one coherent playstyle with small differences here and there. This number is greatly underestimated. CubeCraft should support their player base with something they want, not try and make everyone equal (skill-wise). This takes out the purpose of practicing to get better dexterity and agility. This competitive mode would act as a "level 2" for Eggwars. Once a player is acclimated to the mechanics and knows how to play the game with a large amount of skill, they can progress to the Ranked/Competitive game mode where they can play against players of their own skill level.

also the server will get laggy if there are many eggwars games
The server won't get too laggy if there are many Eggwar games, I don't know how you'd come up with this argument. CubeCraft's Java network is currently experiencing a decline of players so if a system like this is able to bring in more and more players, then it would benefit CubeCraft vastly.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
This game mode is centred around satisfying what competitive players want in an egg wars game. It contains many different elements that support and enhance a more fast-paced competitive experience. Although you may disagree with this kind of playstyle (which is totally fine as it boils down to personal preference), a large population of the CubeCraft competitive community enjoys this playstyle, hence having a game mode which supports the meta at such a level would inevitably give the more competitive players something they want while allowing casual players to experience a more relaxed playstyle where they can experiment with their own unique playstyles.

This wouldn't insult newer players in any way, more so just give them a better chance to learn and acclimate themselves to the game's mechanics and meta in the Normal egg wars mode while experienced players would play against players at their skill level in the competitive mode. All it does statistically is reduce the amount of extremely skilled players wiping out entire lobbies and give newer players a chance to play against players of their skill level.

One game mode isn't fine. As I mentioned earlier, having a mode dedicated to competitive players will balance out the difficulty. We all know that there is a massive skill-gap between new and old players, so if they each have their own game mode, players can't just wipe out entire lobbies. Another thing is that many if not all competitive players play on one coherent playstyle with small differences here and there. This number is greatly underestimated. CubeCraft should support their player base with something they want, not try and make everyone equal (skill-wise). This takes out the purpose of practicing to get better dexterity and agility. This competitive mode would act as a "level 2" for Eggwars. Once a player is acclimated to the mechanics and knows how to play the game with a large amount of skill, they can progress to the Ranked/Competitive game mode where they can play against players of their own skill level.

The server won't get too laggy if there are many Eggwar games, I don't know how you'd come up with this argument. CubeCraft's Java network is currently experiencing a decline of players so if a system like this is able to bring in more and more players, then it would benefit CubeCraft vastly.
well i disagree with you sorry i dont think this is good for the players

Reactions: Kylo2532

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey!
Although it is a good idea, I see that it is not the perfect time to implement it. The CubeCraft community is a bit small., especially eggwars. Maybe it will be a good idea to add "Ranked Skywars" since we have a bigger community there!

Reactions: Kylo2532

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Would you please mind explaining what exactly do you disagree with? What makes you think it's not good for the players?

Hey!
Although it is a good idea, I see that it is not the perfect time to implement it. The CubeCraft community is a bit small., especially eggwars. Maybe it will be a good idea to add "Ranked Skywars" since we have a bigger community there!
My apologies if it wasn't very clear, but I've made an edit to this post just a day or two after I've uploaded it letting players know when something like this should be implemented.
This mode would only be added if CubeCraft reaches an average of 8k daily players and the pre-lobbies return.

Imo this would be a realy fun addition to the game as it would separate the casual players from the sweats.
Ahaha that's the goal of this mode, to give casual players a chance to compete against players of their skill level while the more competitive players can play at a faster, more exhilarating pace against players of their skill level.

• Angry
Reactions: EggCracker12

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
So you obviously are against having a competitive mode, but it is needed. As said, there is a HUGE skill gap between new and old players. Having them be in the same game means the newer players get instantly destroyed. Having a competitive gamemode to help seperate players with different skill levels would make eggwars feel way more welcoming to newer players, thus why having a competitive gamemode would be very good for the server.

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
This would only work well on bedrock, since it has over 20,000 concurrent players, but I’m all for it

Edit: Hackers are still gonna hack even if they don’t add competitive game modes.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I think this game mode should not be added. Since you see many problems. One of them is that at least you must have a great level to play competitively and not against people with "low stats".

Honestly this can be a great idea for Bedrock.

I'm sorry but for me it's a no.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
Would you please mind explaining what exactly do you disagree with? What makes you think it's not good for the players?

My apologies if it wasn't very clear, but I've made an edit to this post just a day or two after I've uploaded it letting players know when something like this should be implemented.

Ahaha that's the goal of this mode, to give casual players a chance to compete against players of their skill level while the more competitive players can play at a faster, more exhilarating pace against players of their skill level.
well what you are saying is like saying "new players are bad so they dont get to play against us" which i think is very rude and toxic and if this new eggwars was to get added to the server it would make even more toxic atmosphere and make new players not want to play and rush so i prefer the game as it is with nice and friendly atmosphere

• Haha
Reactions: luv!

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
well what you are saying is like saying "new players are bad so they dont get to play against us" which i think is very rude and toxic and if this new eggwars was to get added to the server it would make even more toxic atmosphere and make new players not want to play and rush so i prefer the game as it is with nice and friendly atmosphere
We want to seperate the newer players from more experienced players because its more fun. If your new, youll be instantly destroyed be an experienced team. We're not trying to be rude, its just a fact of life, and also a very good reason why we need ranked egg/skywars

• Angry
Reactions: EggCracker12

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
We want to seperate the newer players from more experienced players because its more fun. If your new, youll be instantly destroyed be an experienced team. We're not trying to be rude, its just a fact of life, and also a very good reason why we need ranked egg/skywars
nope you are just being rude now because a new players can always win even against someone with a lot of wins also how will new players learn if they are just playing against other new players all the time? they need to face experience players to learn the game

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
nope you are just being rude now because a new players can always win even against someone with a lot of wins also how will new players learn if they are just playing against other new players all the time? they need to face experience players to learn the game
We simply arent being rude. Yes, we are saying that more experienced players will beat newer players most of the time, but there is nothing rude about that. Also, arent saying new players cant beat veteran players, its just highly unlikely. As for getting better, once a player has mastered the basics of pvp and learned how the game works and that they cant really learn anything more from it, then they can absolutely play the ranked mode. At that point l, there not really new players. Sure, they might not be “highly experienced” but they would definitely know what their doing. If they arent yet eligable to play the ranked mode, there are many other ways to get better, like duels, ffa, or other pvp servers.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Yes, you can say I'm indirectly calling newer players bad. It's innevitable that players who DON'T KNOW how to play the game will have difficulties playing in contrast to long time veterans, so why put them in the same match? Your argument doesn't make sense. First of all, you're saying that because I am trying to make it easier for newer players to adjust to the mechanics and create a playstyle they're comfortable with, I'm supposedly being disrespectfull. Second of all, you're saying it will make an even more toxic atmosphere which will leave newer players quitting. Yes, I'm aware the more competitive a gamemode is, the more toxicity released into it's overall environment, but long-time and more skilled players are already aclimated to this. I don't understand how this would affect newer players in the NORMAL EGGWARS. In fact, it would be quite the conturary. With less competitive players on the normal version comes less toxicity, resulting in a much more peaceful enviornment for new players to adjust to. Once they're much more experienced and know how to deal with the small portion of toxic players on the normal version, they can move to the competitive mode and play there agaisnt players of their skill level. To think the current Eggwars has a nice and friendly atmosphere is completely false. So many competitive players ruin the experience for new players; leaving the decline of players on the Java network becoming worse and worse. Lastly, if you so do enjoy a friendly envoirnment, this is the goal Competitive mode attempts to achieve by dividing the community into two, leaving room on one end to encourage diverse playstyles, friendly bahaviour, and experimenting with different mechanics. In the other hand, competitive Eggwars will satasfy what the majority of competitive players want in an Eggwars experience; which right now includes a fast paced game, less stacking, and direct hand to hand combat heavily encouraged. In regards to toxicity, it would innevitably increase in this gamemode, and drop in the normal version, however, it's better than merging postitive and toxic players into one gamemode as then it would influence positive and optimistic players to become more rude and disrespectfull towards others; innivitably increasing the amount of toxic players at a much larger scale.
Hopefully I was able to answer all your doubts about this concept. If you still disagree with it, please provide a logical arugment, not "I dislike it because I don't like this playstyle so no one should" as that doesn't prove anything. Although it's your oppinion, this is something a large portion of the commnity wants, hence why I'm suggesting it. Like I said, please feel more than welcome to provide more reasons about why you disagree with this.

Thanks, and have a nice day! :))
Dreamspqce

Reactions: 404Owl
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom