Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
I'm kind of getting sick of Cubecraft (As well as other Australian players) for one reason; the lack of Asian/Oceania Servers. I'm 11th on Eggwars Solo leaderboard and 45th on duels, and the amount of times I've died due to my lack luster hit reg is undescribable. No one deserves to be forced to play on 150+ ping (Let alone 250 ping). Asian servers will give me (Someone in basically the worst positioned place in the world distance wise for ping) an actual chance to get below 250 ping, and even as low as 90 (Based on Java Asian Server's ping). From basic actions like opening a menu/chest, hitting a player/placing blocks or even eating food or firing a bow, 250 ping gives an unfair and unsatisfying experience on Cubecraft. It makes everything very unresponsive and slow, not to mention all of the bugs it strengthens the effect of. If you really want to make that next step in gaining and competitive advantage over the Hive, Asian servers look like a great addition. Although this may be a pretty inaccurate test, changing regions on discord calls changes your ping to the call, which you can see on PC discord, and my EU friends or far West Asian friends get practically the same ping as they do on European servers when we switch to Singapore servers for the call (Excluding EU people not on the border of Asia).

Question for the mods: Are Asian servers a goal for Cubecraft currently? Is there any news on the arrival of them or maybe the rejection of the idea? If you aren't going to add them, what is stopping you from going forward with them?

Also, I'd like to hear everyone's opinions :)

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
We are definitely looking into the possibility of creating more regions in different parts of the world - we just want to make sure that it works in NA first before starting work on others 😉
This is a quote from Cubecraft staff around other servers after adding NA servers

tobioikawa

Novice Member
Jun 4, 2020
Also, I'd like to hear everyone's opinions :)
This is a matter that has been circling around the community ever since you had the option on Bedrock to switch between NA and EU.

Asia servers honestly sound like a great idea to me. CubeCraft has so many players from different regions around the world, and a big percentage of them are from Asia and Oceania. Like @Matriox said earlier, they are certainly planning to add other regions. Asia and Oceania are most likely a priority as it has been suggested by the community for months now due to high ping, bad connection, etc.

I really do hope the CC staff team adds Asia/Oceania servers soon that way more players can have a good time within the CC network. :)

Reactions: RaisinForABrain

xJcmm

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2021
Australia
Omg please add Asian and Oceania severs just today I expirenced a massive lag spike of like 450ping (my normal ping it about 250) and I was on eggwars duos fairytale map and I was mid in a fight I want taking any damge or kB so I easily win the fight but then when I was about to cross a bridge to the semi-mid thing when all of a sudden I took all the kb and damge at once and literally flew all the way to my island XD.

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
Omg please add Asian and Oceania severs just today I expirenced a massive lag spike of like 450ping (my normal ping it about 250) and I was on eggwars duos fairytale map and I was mid in a fight I want taking any damge or kB so I easily win the fight but then when I was about to cross a bridge to the semi-mid thing when all of a sudden I took all the kb and damge at once and literally flew all the way to my island XD.
That's from bad wifi, not distance lol. But they are adding Asian and Oceania. They tested Asian the other day and Oceania was leaked

Reactions: xJcmm

xJcmm

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2021
Australia
That's from bad wifi, not distance lol. But they are adding Asian and Oceania. They tested Asian the other day and Oceania was leaked
Yeah there was a big storm that affected my internet but I still think it's unfair that I'm dying from MJ's and jumpbridges cutting out and people with ok ping can literally reach hack me.

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
Yeah there was a big storm that affected my internet but I still think it's unfair that I'm dying from MJ's and jumpbridges cutting out and people with ok ping can literally reach hack me.
I get 230 ping constantly because I'm in Australia and I get what you mean. But depending on how bad your internet is, it could be giving you a lag carry in pure pvp

xJcmm

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2021
Australia
I get 230 ping constantly because I'm in Australia and I get what you mean. But depending on how bad your internet is, it could be giving you a lag carry in pure pvp
Yeah I'm from Australia too my, internet is fine (most of the time) but even when all the bars at full my ping can exceed 300 this is purely because of the amount of players on at once which is like 31,000 at the time if my lag spikes which is understandable it happens to people that live in Montreal, (where the NA sever is hosted) but not nearly as bad as me as bad as me, an Oceania or even Asia severs would help significantly. Also I'm not sure of this because I don't play much hive but I don't think they have an Oceania sever which means if cubecraft could get one before the hive they could snatch all the players from that area, they definately have Asia serves though though.

Reactions: Lifqo

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
Yeah I'm from Australia too my, internet is fine (most of the time) but even when all the bars at full my ping can exceed 300 this is purely because of the amount of players on at once which is like 31,000 at the time if my lag spikes which is understandable it happens to people that live in Montreal, (where the NA sever is hosted) but not nearly as bad as me as bad as me, an Oceania or even Asia severs would help significantly. Also I'm not sure of this because I don't play much hive but I don't think they have an Oceania sever which means if cubecraft could get one before the hive they could snatch all the players from that area, they definately have Asia serves though though.
I disagree. Even if you live in Tasmania (The worst state all around for ping), you can't get 300+ consistently without bad internet or packet loss. Also, the Hive does have Oceania servers, but only as a back up for when Asia is down (Which happened quite recently actually). I do agree that Oceania and Asian servers will fix your ping, but you will still get higher ping than me for example due to the absence of packet loss/bad internet on my end. Hive Oceania servers worked really well too. I honestly had a shorter wait at times than I do usually on Asian servers

xJcmm

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2021
Australia
I disagree. Even if you live in Tasmania (The worst state all around for ping), you can't get 300+ consistently without bad internet or packet loss. Also, the Hive does have Oceania servers, but only as a back up for when Asia is down (Which happened quite recently actually). I do agree that Oceania and Asian servers will fix your ping, but you will still get higher ping than me for example due to the absence of packet loss/bad internet on my end. Hive Oceania servers worked really well too. I honestly had a shorter wait at times than I do usually on Asian servers
My internet connection is fine my ping is about 230-250 sometimes even 190, but when say the new lobby came out our the fixed kb there can be up to 35,000 people online at once which is when I get a huge lag spike.

xJcmm

Novice Member
Oct 13, 2021
Australia
I'm kinda starting to change my mind on this now. Even if Oceania servers were added I don't think I'd play them often, This is because all my friends play on NA and I know so many people that you bump into in lobby 1 and Rember them from a past game or just recognise their name. I fell like I'm part of a community in NA.

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
I'm kinda starting to change my mind on this now. Even if Oceania servers were added I don't think I'd play them often, This is because all my friends play on NA and I know so many people that you bump into in lobby 1 and Rember them from a past game or just recognise their name. I fell like I'm part of a community in NA.
That's why Asia is good. There can be a more balanced ping

Reactions: xJcmm
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

asqsk wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
u was staff in cc? :3
Matriox wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
"Aspire to inspire, before we expire."

I love it
caraMel wrote on LukaG_'s profile.