Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is Minecraft overrated or underrated and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
I don't think minecraft is at this point overrated or underrated, I'd say it has what it deserves.
At least for now.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
The game is neither overrated or underrated. Its an amazing game that actually has a reason to be popular, since the game can be played in any way. For example you can survive in Survival mode, build stuff in creative mode, play custom maps people made, and you can play mini games with other players. You can do everything alone or with friends!

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s definitely overrated for the number of flaws it has.

It’s mechanics are very under explained. If you had never heard of Minecraft and were playing it for the first time, how would you know, for example, how to get to the nether. A player isn’t just going to decide to make a rectangle of obsidian a light it on fire. A player also wouldn’t have any idea how to use redstone without looking it up, how to complete the end portal, how to get better enchantments with an enchanting table, how to summon golems or the wither, how to activate a beacon, etc.

The game is very punishing if you don’t have keep inventory on, and a good chunk of gameplay is simply looking around for resources or structures. The movement system leaves a lot to be desired, health regeneration on bedrock takes forever, and the game lacks a well defined story, that I didn’t feel like I had solved once I beat the game (the end credits are too boring for me to sit through, and I think that is understandable)

On mobile, the movement system has a rather harsh learning curve, and I really with you could pick custom button positions, but it isn’t too bad once you use it for a while and use the right settings combination. The game does offer great multiplayer, PvP, and world creation opportunities too. I think Minecraft is an ok game, but it definitely has received more recognition than it probably deserves.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
I'd say Minecraft (survival) is probably a little underrated. Many people focus on beating the game, getting full netherite, getting a beacon, etc. Some people focus mainly on those aspects and don't get to know all of the smaller features the game has that requires exploring and creativity.
To be honest, I've never found a mangrove swamp or a cherry grove biome (they are rare, though); I've never even been to a trail ruins and have only been to an ancient city once; I've never even seen the warden in survival. And I really need to start using armor trims as they are an awesome feature.
I also haven't played a whole lot of survival Minecraft lately so there’s that (Part of it might be because I mainly play survival by myself :| xD)

However, some parts of Minecraft survival seem a little overrated, perhaps the media aspect of it. Like when there are those YouTubers making yet another hardcore Minecraft video where they build every biome for example.
The game may or may not need a new central challenge to it to make things more interesting. Beating the ender dragon has become a bit of a norm for people online. (Not for me of course :P)
While I like creativity and exploring, another thing that is fun is challenges. We might need more of those in the game, especially central ones.

I started up a new survival world yesterday; I hope to have it be my new best survival world… (I do not want to get bored of this world; I want this one to go on). I think one thing that can ruin a survival world for me is my perfectionism, which can inhibit my creativity sometimes… (Man I really want to be creative) Of course, another thing that can ruin a world is when I lose my items and can't find them, or like in one older world I have, visit 2 different bugged strongholds that generated without portal rooms.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
The game is neither overrated or underrated. Its an amazing game that actually has a reason to be popular, since the game can be played in any way. For example you can survive in Survival mode, build stuff in creative mode, play custom maps people made, and you can play mini games with other players. You can do everything alone or with friends!
I absolutely agree with this

UncleSpect

Forum Expert
Oct 16, 2019
Turkey ❤️🤍
Minecraft might be the best game of my childhood. It was really fun while talking and playing with my friends. I wish I could go back to the past years and play it with pleasure over and over again. It's a great game and it deserves a lot of value. It's a popular game that should never be stopped playing.

Reactions: Loskol
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🤍
throwing my mouse hard enough on the wall for a grand total of 7 times as a result of gamer rage somehow fixed the liftoff distance issues

also don't worry about me it's not that deep it's just anger issues and being the usual failure at everything including the simplest video games
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
You said "I SEE YOUR NAME ALL OVER REPORTS" You literally scream in my face. Yall want me to not report such bugs? I know that the bug is fixed
You don't have to reply with a longer message.
Xi1m wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
OH MY GOD YOURE BAACK
Top Bottom