Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the maps get fixed/edited?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No, (If you can explain why in a reply that would be amazing)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
This suggestion is pretty simple and It wont need much explanation. So basically people join a normal duel for a 1 minute max duel and then you get people like this -.-' . Maybe put glass over the water? fix the other maps as well? Community what do you think? Maze map? That map? Lava maps?

LuisZapataR

Oct 16, 2016
Peru - Lima
I understand, but that's not a good reason to change maps, the player may be backing down to regenerate.
If you do not like waiting, get out of the game because players such players are part of minecraft.
Good luck with your suggestion!

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
The only map I don't like is the maze map since its pretty impossible to get a good fight in. The other maps are good practice imo. If you play somethign other than the "wars" games chances are you will eventually see lava and water areas that you'll have to fight in.

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
Yeah, I agree. Some maps need to be edited or changed, or maybe add new maps.
The map maze isn't good to pvp on. Since there's not enough place to pvp on.
I think the maps should've more flat platforms than that buildings, So that players
could have enough space to pvp

Muffin

Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2014
The Barn
Hazards and obstacles are really common in PvP arenas across a lot of games. They're pretty annoying but also add more options to gameplay (such as using the environment to one's advantage) and also affect decision making. I personally think they're terrible but I'm sure the point of having the diversity is to appeal to a wider audience.

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
I understand, but that's not a good reason to change maps, the player may be backing down to regenerate.
If you do not like waiting, get out of the game because players such players are part of minecraft.
Good luck with your suggestion!
That guy kept running for the whole 5 minutes and the ended as a draw... I don't see that its really an advantage its more obnoxious.

Yeah, I agree. Some maps need to be edited or changed, or maybe add new maps.
The map maze isn't good to pvp on. Since there's not enough place to pvp on.
I think the maps should've more flat platforms than that buildings, So that players
could have enough space to pvp
Add more maps/Make certain maps for certain kits would be cool too

The only map I don't like is the maze map since its pretty impossible to get a good fight in. The other maps are good practice imo. If you play somethign other than the "wars" games chances are you will eventually see lava and water areas that you'll have to fight in.
That map in the video and the maze map are completely obnoxious and I might make a simple video to show you what 1 person can do to survive 5 minutes and to be obnoxious.

Hazards and obstacles are really common in PvP arenas across a lot of games. They're pretty annoying but also add more options to gameplay (such as using the environment to one's advantage) and also affect decision making. I personally think they're terrible but I'm sure the point of having the diversity is to appeal to a wider audience.
But the point of this is to find a way to players to not run for 5 minutes when you cant do anything, Like yeah I understand I can /leave but I didn't join in the first place to /leave did I?

Reactions: Clacks

Muffin

Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2014
The Barn
Eh, I guess we see things differently then. While it's probably super annoying to chase someone around I'd just accept it as how someone wants to play the game. Sure it's lame, but hey if that's how they wanna play then so be it (Much like what Luis said).

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
A better solution:
Add a map selector. Problem fixed.
This. Also I think it would be nice to be able to select a set of maps in your settings for random duels, at the start one random map selected by one of the two players is used.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
I personally didn't see the problem other than you failing to commit to that specific fight, there was an opportunity to parkour over the lily pad and attack him or jump in and attack him. Water is in the map to compensate for the PvP kits that use fire, mobs etc. If water is removed then there will be a thread complaining about burning to death and having no escape.

The poll is pointless and biased.

"Should the maps be fixed?"
You don't name any maps so how are we meant to fix them? To get 'issues' like this fixed you have to be specific about every single map and say specifically what is wrong with them, in as much detail as possible. Obviously you can't fit that in a poll, so you make a list with descriptions for each map that has made you feel extremely unpleasant.

A staff member suggested a few weeks ago that we accommodate for certain kits with certain maps. So Maze would only spawn with 'insane duels', 'normal duels' you would mostly get flattish maps like emoji, sandstone etc. We'd love to add this system.... when we get the development power we need, we will work on this or something similar, something to compensate for everyone.

Before the launch of PvP, originally we had map selection instead of kit selection (we didn't want too many options/menus as it can become confusing how to navigate). We know the importance of PvP is the kits, sure maps add to the PvP experience but staff agreed choosing a kit was far more useful than choosing a map. We still wanted to offer some sort of map selection, which our friendly Settings Sid supplies
2017-06-22_10.13.51.png

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
there was an opportunity to parkour over the lily pad
Edit: Linking to a specific time doesn't work, skip to 0:11.

I don't want water and lava to be removed completely, but a map selection for random duels would be nice, I play way more random duels that challenged duels.

Reactions: Efcluke94

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Also @Efcluke94 I think it would be nice to make the bug report section public again. I noticed that lilypads often cause a bug when jumping off of them, but I suspect that it has already been reported since it's like this for a long time now on this server. But I can't search through old reports and I don't want to go through the work of reporting all bugs I find if I don't know wether it's reported already. I also tried asking in #staff-help on discord on two different days but got no response.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
can't search through old reports and I don't want to go through the work of reporting all bugs I find if I don't know wether it's reported already.
More evidence is better than less evidence when it comes to bug reports. Seeing a bug being replicated multiple times helps us solve what actually happened much faster as apposed to a single report in certain cases. I have a feeling this has something to do with the anticheat so I've forwarded to crazyman

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
I personally didn't see the problem other than you failing to commit to that specific fight, there was an opportunity to parkour over the lily pad and attack him or jump in and attack him. Water is in the map to compensate for the PvP kits that use fire, mobs etc. If water is removed then there will be a thread complaining about burning to death and having no escape.

You don't name any maps so how are we meant to fix them? To get 'issues' like this fixed you have to be specific about every single map and say specifically what is wrong with them, in as much detail as possible. Obviously you can't fit that in a poll, so you make a list with descriptions for each map that has made you feel extremely unpleasant.

A staff member suggested a few weeks ago that we accommodate for certain kits with certain maps. So Maze would only spawn with 'insane duels', 'normal duels' you would mostly get flattish maps like emoji, sandstone etc. We'd love to add this system.... when we get the development power we need, we will work on this or something similar, something to compensate for everyone.

Before the launch of PvP, originally we had map selection instead of kit selection (we didn't want too many options/menus as it can become confusing how to navigate). We know the importance of PvP is the kits, sure maps add to the PvP experience but staff agreed choosing a kit was far more useful than choosing a map. We still wanted to offer some sort of map selection, which our friendly Settings Sid supplies
View attachment 134264
Okay Since you think my issue wasnt commiting, I will record a video showing how alot of people really play on several maps :)

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
@Efcluke94 Here is one map, I couldnt record more mainly because i had lag...

Put the video at a higher speed and watch, I struggled to run abit because i had some lag but it still ended up as a draw at the end

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
This suggestion is pretty simple and It wont need much explanation. So basically people join a normal duel for a 1 minute max duel and then you get people like this -.-' . Maybe put glass over the water? fix the other maps as well? Community what do you think? Maze map? That map? Lava maps?
I seriously have the same problem and it's annoying!
1+
Stay happy!
-Gaaabb

Reactions: LoadzAF

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest

View attachment 134264
1: If the issue is lava, Put a water bucket in the kit.
2: I didn't name the maps because like 60% of them need to be fixed
3: If you can add custom maps for separate kits then that would be amazing.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom