Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should each kit have a certain map or two for it?

• I agree.

• I disagree.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
Pvp maps are an issue. You want to do a melee fight on flat ground but you get hills, lava and water....
I suggest that each kit should have a specific map or two, that way the maps that are obstacles and are made for bows wouldn't annoy melee PVPers (For example the kit iron warrior could have the map emoji)
Please if you voted yes or no, Put a comment on why you answer yes/no

Last edited:

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Pvp maps are an issue. You want to do a melee fight on flat ground but you get hills, lava and water....
I suggest that each kit should have a specific map or two, that way the maps that are obstacles and are made for bows wouldn't annoy melee PVPers (For example the kit iron warrior could have the map emoji)
Please if you voted yes or no, Put a comment on why you answer yes/no

Yes please, to be honest, scenery or builds isn't really necessary for a pvp fight. Sure it may look good and players can exploit it. But in general, it just makes pvp a bit annoying because it is best played in flat land.

L

Lepzi

I mean this isn't really needed but it can be annoying when you are trying to have a good game and your on a map with just hills some it wouldn't be that bad.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I'll give the same response I have to SpankMeSanta's thread :3 Completely flat ground is incredibly bad practice as the vast majority of other pvp situations you will face hills, water, ect. Since dueling is meant to be mainly a practice gamemode I think it should include all terrain not just flat ground you won't see in other fights.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I'll give the same response I have to SpankMeSanta's thread :3 Completely flat ground is incredibly bad practice as the vast majority of other pvp situations you will face hills, water, ect. Since dueling is meant to be mainly a practice gamemode I think it should include all terrain not just flat ground you won't see in other fights.
I mean flat ground is simply much easier to pvp on. You can strafe without interruption from terrain. You can have the same reach without hilly terrain. It's not all bad. Flat ground should be the basic foundation where you begin pvp. Not a environment where you can barely pvp.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
While we are on this subject, I like to bring the attention to some FFA maps. Wings maps are well built and all, but the space for pvp is very little. Of course with certain moves, you can use the area to your advantage. However majority of the fight are on flat land. Which means, all the fight is in one area. Which also means the rest of the space is useless. Unlike the land based maps, wings have very little places to pvp properly. It really depends on whose aim is better and luck. So maybe more flat land in wings map?

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Yes please.
If you want to practice with a sword, you want a flat surface.
If you want to practice for uhc/SG then you want more terrain.
Simple really.
Even in SG, if I'm wanting to fight someone, I'll always try to lure them onto a flat surface to do it, never on a hill unless I know I can knock them down and not the other way. And never in water or confined spaces.

Reactions: LoadzAF

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'm not really sure about this, I often play with the swordsman kit or the op warrior many times in a row and I wouldn't want to only get the same map over and over again.
How about a favourite map setting where you can select all maps you like. When a duel starts a random map from one opponents is chosen. This way you have a higher chance to play on your favourite maps and if you both only chose flat maps you're guaranteed to play on one.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I'm not really sure about this, I often play with the swordsman kit or the op warrior many times in a row and I wouldn't want to only get the same map over and over again.
How about a favourite map setting where you can select all maps you like. When a duel starts a random map from one opponents is chosen. This way you have a higher chance to play on your favourite maps and if you both only chose flat maps you're guaranteed to play on one.
Well it doesn't neccessarily means it's gonna assign one map to a game mode. You can have multiple flat land map for a certain game mode, and more hilly maps for another.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy brithdta
Good morning Cube <3 Off to work >.<
Have a nice day everyone xx
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #55-
If a big or medium slime or magma cube is named with a name tag, and then dies, its smaller versions will have the same name.
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday green budgie!! 🎂🎈
Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Top Bottom