Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The amount of times I've gotten a message that says: "Stop Teaming" or "I'm going to report you" while playing Pillars of Fortune with a friend, it's insane. Look, obviously, we can agree or not agree on whether teaming should be allowed. I really advise everyone to read this post by @Matriox on that specific part of the suggestion. But I am not here to ask to make teaming bannable in the game or not. What my suggestion is today is clarity. Clarity for all the marbles out there that still try to report someone for teaming while it is allowed. There are a multitude of reasons why I want this change, but I think it is self-explanatory, and therefore I'll keep it short:

Add a disclaimer in the rules where it says that teaming in Pillars of Fortune is allowed, as long as it is not considered winfarming (above 4 members of the game being in a party? I don't even know where the border is for winfarming).

Thanks, I much dislike short threads but I don't need a longer one. Cheers!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
The amount of times I've gotten a message that says: "Stop Teaming" or "I'm going to report you" while playing Pillars of Fortune with a friend, it's insane. Look, obviously, we can agree or not agree on whether teaming should be allowed. I really advise everyone to read this post by @Matriox on that specific part of the suggestion. But I am not here to ask to make teaming bannable in the game or not. What my suggestion is today is clarity. Clarity for all the marbles out there that still try to report someone for teaming while it is allowed. There are a multitude of reasons why I want this change, but I think it is self-explanatory, and therefore I'll keep it short:

Add a disclaimer in the rules where it says that teaming in Pillars of Fortune is allowed, as long as it is not considered winfarming (above 4 members of the game being in a party? I don't even know where the border is for winfarming).

Thanks, I much dislike short threads but I don't need a longer one. Cheers!
I've actually really come to appreciate the simple nature of our new rules, because they say everything that needs to be said, without being overly confusing and specific. At first when I saw the change I thought it was awful because it left out a lot of specific cases but not really, in the interpretation of the very broad strokes of the rules, every possible case is actually already being contemplated.

That includes pillars of fortune of course, since teaming is specifically forbidden in "solo" games, but notice how Pillars of Fortune doesn't have a 'Solo' in its name? Because it's not meant to be a Solo game, it's just not a team game either, it's a hybrid in the sense that it's a everyone vs everyone game. And hence by not being either a solo or team game, the rules do make it clear that teaming would be allowed, by not mentioning them.​

Screenshot 2024-04-24 210552.png

Extract from the official rules, in the "Gameplay Specific" section.

Now if we get very particular about why or why not your suggestion could be implemented, I'm inclined to believe a lot of people are gonna be in favor of this change, the problem is that implementing this would be the beginning of a regression to those overly specific and complicated rules that we used to have. And the biggest issue with those rules is the fact that they were confusing, and limited the ability for the Moderation team to administrate punishments the way the network may require it. At least that's how I see it.

It's no coincidence that a lot of big Minecraft servers like Hypixel and The Hive also utilize these simplified 1-page-long rules, and none of them make specific mention of any games, they instead establish a rule framework general enough to include all possible punishable scenarios.

Seems to me like perhaps this issue isn't immediately caused by some insufficiency in CubeCraft's rules, especially if you consider that the ocasional "marble" as you call them, hasn't read the rules anyway. And perhaps the fact that teaming is allowed could be communicated to the player at the start of the game, the same way cross-teaming is announced to be forbidden in an EggWars match, and so on.​

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
Maintaining the current format of the rules page seems like a practical approach, especially considering that many younger players and a significant portion of Bedrock edition users may not have explored them previously. Adding this information directly to the rules page might still cause confusion, particularly since it's already addressed in some way within the rules (referring to the screenshot provided by @Eli).

Simplicity and accessibility are key, and CubeCraft demonstrated this when they made the rules more general and shorter.

One potential change could be the addition of a popup message at the beginning of each game, explicitly stating that teaming is allowed. This proactive measure ensures that all players are informed of the rules upfront, minimizing the chances of confusion or misunderstandings during the game.

Reactions: xHappyMood and Eli

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
And perhaps the fact that teaming is allowed could be communicated to the player at the start of the game, the same way cross-teaming is announced to be forbidden in an EggWars match, and so on.
One potential change could be the addition of a popup message at the beginning of each game, explicitly stating that teaming is allowed. This proactive measure ensures that all players are informed of the rules upfront, minimizing the chances of confusion or misunderstandings during the game.
Thanks for your opinions. After reading them, I cannot do anything else than agree with what you've posted. However, the issue with people being confused and creating reports that will not get accepted anyways is quite an issue. Not only will people get discouraged to make reports after taking a long time to create a report that will be voided almost immediately, but on top of that it takes a ton of time from the relatively small staff team to review every single one of them. I think a change is necessary.

The alternative you mentioned seems very solid. I can see this work very well. Only disadvantage might be that this would promote teaming instead of just telling people if it's allowed, which was why I initially didn't suggest it this way. I would love to hear your opinion if you think changes are necessary or if there are different alternatives for the mentioned problems :D

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Thanks for your opinions. After reading them, I cannot do anything else than agree with what you've posted. However, the issue with people being confused and creating reports that will not get accepted anyways is quite an issue. Not only will people get discouraged to make reports after taking a long time to create a report that will be voided almost immediately, but on top of that it takes a ton of time from the relatively small staff team to review every single one of them. I think a change is necessary.

The alternative you mentioned seems very solid. I can see this work very well. Only disadvantage might be that this would promote teaming instead of just telling people if it's allowed, which was why I initially didn't suggest it this way. I would love to hear your opinion if you think changes are necessary or if there are different alternatives for the mentioned problems :D
Although I understand why you might not want to “encourage” teaming, if it’s already allowed, no one should be kept away from that information.

In retrospect, most of the players who have angrily threatened you with reporting you for teaming, shouldn’t have any reason to be upset any longer since they would now know from the start that teaming is something that they can engage in as well. Perhaps that’s part of what they deem frustrating, that having special knowledge of the rules gives you a strategic advantage over others.

Reactions: xHappyMood

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Would be nice if a longer form of the rules was added to the report guidelines with all this information. The regular rules can stay as is

• Agree
Reactions: Blom

99th_DutchNubnub

Feb 8, 2020
nubbieland
Hey,
First of all, I do agree on you that people do say way to much that they are going to report you. it is kinda annoying, but I don't think this should be in the rules, and i can explane why but i think that is already don't quite good.
This is something I think this is indeed a good option to inform the people that teaming is allowed. but I'am not so sure if a popup message is the thing you want to use on this, personally I think a message in the chat after the countdown is maybe better.

maybe after this message:
1714066779513.png

something like: And remember, teaming is allowed in here!!

I don't know if my input is necessary but here you have it

Nubnub

Reactions: Basketman

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Don't agree at all with adding "teaming is allowed". It's almost like the server is saying this is the meta of the game, when of course ideally it's not.

Reactions: Blom

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Or maybe They should add a Team Mode For The game 🤷‍♂️
Don't want to go too deep into this, as this is a completely different suggestion, but that wouldn't work for a multitude of reasons. For example, how would it look? Do you spawn on a 2x2 pillar? that defeats the purpose of the pillar already. or do you spawn on different spots but are you just a team that you can't hit eachother? Also not really fair, as it is player vs environment. That would mean you would have to connect the mobs to teams too, which would be a development nightmare AND would defeat the purpose once again.

Team mode is not gonna happen, but something to show that teaming is allowed in solo would be nice. I already adjusted my suggestion to match the ones in the other comments, so would love for Team CC to see that

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
Top Bottom