SoloWarz

Forum Expert
Sep 18, 2021
Amman, Jordan
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, CubeCrafters!

I've noticed that blockwars is getting too few players in cubecraft java. It does not deserve to be permanent (not in the featured games rotation). Among slimes is getting so much players and even more than parkour, minerware and blockwars.

2022-07-20_16.42.02.png

Blockwars playercount (pretty low)
2022-07-20_16.55.12.png

Parkour player count (not too low, but not as high as Among slimes'
2022-07-20_16.55.08.png

MinerWare playercount (same as Parkour)
2022-07-20_16.54.59.png

Among slimes playercount (pretty high)

So my suggestion is to make Blockwars a featured game and to make Among slimes a permanent game again. Among slimes has many lovers and players. Blockwars does not deserve it cuz it's dead.

Feedback
If you agree react with agree (pls)
If you disagree or unsure tell me why.

All love to staff, members, and partners

Cya!

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
I personally have no affection with Among Slimes and I do not need this to be a permanent game. I have however seen many players say that they really enjoy this game so I have nothing against reinstating the game permanently. Although I do think that it was put in the Featured games rotation for a reason.

I agree that Blockwars is not getting a lot of players and this could be a Featured game instead, yes. But seeing as there are 3 different types of Blockwars I don't think its the best option, making it more reasonable to keep the Blockwars rotation seperately.

As an edit I would like to add that I think the difference in playercount is not shockingly high. I'd disagree if this is the reason of reinstatement.

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
I think this is a good idea but I reacted with unsure because of two reasons. First of all Among Slimes doesn't have that many players as a permanent game (it has enough players for games to start every 2-5 minutes [as a permanent game]) but it's current playercount as a featured game is only as high as 60 (at peak times) due to the fact that you can only play Among Slimes for only two days every few weeks. The second reason is the Blockwars isn't really a game, I count it more as a second featured game cycle where all the games are different PVP based games all revolving around the blue and red colors (my opinion), so adding Blockwars to the Featured Games cycle would mean you would have to add 3 or 4 new minigames to the featured games cycle which would slow the cycle down. This is my opinion though.

D

Deleted member 347571

How could they possibly improve among slimes? There are barely any possibilities for among slimes however if you look at blockwars there are many things that can be improved. So it wiuldn't make sense.

Minigames such as spleef, super smash bros, among slimes etc never were a succes to be honest. Not because the game is bad, people their interest within MC has changed.

• Disagree
Reactions: nlkoen

EntityRqised

May 29, 2019
United Kingdom
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree with a few people that have replied on this thread. The among slimes was probably placed in the Featured Games rotation for a reason, the lack of player count as a permenant gamemode. If put back as a permenant game (which I doubt) the player count would probably decrease again.

It may be true that Blockwars does have a lower player count at the moment, although Blockwars is rotated between 3 different modes this would be hard to implement to the current Featured Games rotation.
Blockwars does have it's highs with it's player count and it's lows. However, I personally don't think it should get moved to Featured games.

I also have to add that with among slimes there's not much possibilty for changes or updates, however Blockwars does.

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
I've seen a lot of people pointing out that Among Slimes is only popular because of it being in the featured games rotation.

However I haven't seen a lot of people talking about the second point which is that Blockwars is dead.
It is dead, I agree. However there's several reasons why it's dead, and several things that can be done to solve it.

In my opinion the most important reason why it's dead and the easiest one to solve is how incredibly unbalanced it is, and how few updates there are (and the last one which added a voting option for OP really just made the game more unbalanced). In my opinion, as some others have pointed out, Blockwars has plenty of potential updates, do those first. rebalance the game, properly this time, and add new content after that. If it's still dead after that's been done that's when we should start discussing alternative solutions such as moving it into the Featured game rotation.

You shouldn't say Blockwars "doesn't deserve it because it's dead", you should ask "how can we revive Blockwars so it's worthy again?". Because as said before, you can't update Among Slimes that much, you can update Blockwars a lot however.

Top Bottom