Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
Hello there!
I've seen some situations where rules change, but punishments stay. In my opinion this isn't fair, and there is no point to keep these punishments anymore.
As an example, "tf" was mutable when you target it towars another player. A few days ago, this has changed and "tf" is not mutable anymore under any context (could change in the future, but for now, it's allowed).
But people who were muted after saying that, are still muted / if the punishment has expired then it still counts in their punishments history.
I want to suggest this; if a rule changes, punishments that were done due breaking this rule just disappear, no matter if they were active or not. I'm suggesting this because there is no point of keeping someone punished because he broke a rule that has changed.

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
Why though, you still broke a rule? Why should we suddenly undo the punishment if a rule gets changed. That's like unbanning everyone who cheated in a removed game; you still did something wrong.
I mean, it was a rule but it got changed. As it changed what's the point of keeping punishments?
Plus it is not that inappropriate, and that's probably one of the reasons why it got changed. And there is a difference between a game and a rule. Games get removed, but rules stay and it isn't the same.
Breaking rule in any game = punishment, game gets removed but the rule stays, so the punishment won't be undone.
But if the rule itself gets changed why do you think punishments should stay? What's the point?

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
For people who disagree, I am interested and would like to know why do you disagree?

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I disagree, because you, as a player, are obligated to read the rules and follow them, or otherwise get punished. If someone targeted someone else with "tf" before the rules got changed, then they broke the rules, and therefore should be punished. Even though "tf" is no longer forbidden to be used, people who did use it in the past showed that they do not know about the rules and/or do not respect them, and such people should keep their punishments (to hopefully help them read the rules and/or start respecting and following them).

Reactions: Ryaan

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
For people who disagree, I am interested and would like to know why do you disagree?
My mommy don't like no no words and no no words are bad!!!1!1

Not only can you get arrested for saying it. it's also VERY offensive and VERY inappropriate!!!1. If you say a cuss word, you're going to jail (very bad!) and if you go to jail, you go to jail and you're, your gonna eat VEGETABLES for your WHOLE life!!!

It's bad. Cuss words are bad and you DO NOT want to go to jail. I like vegetables tbh cuz I'm a nice guy. I ate vegetables like broccoli but you do not want to go to jail! You cannot go to jail!!

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
I disagree, because you, as a player, are obligated to read the rules and follow them, or otherwise get punished. If someone targeted someone else with "tf" before the rules got changed, then they broke the rules, and therefore should be punished. Even though "tf" is no longer forbidden to be used, people who did use it in the past showed that they do not know about the rules and/or do not respect them, and such people should keep their punishments (to hopefully help them read the rules and/or start respecting and following them).
I agree on that. Everyone should know the rules. But as it is not a rule anymore, why would punishments stay? In my opinion there is no point at all, as it is allowed.

Note: I am not only talking about "tf" btw, it was just an example.

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
My mommy don't like no no words and no no words are bad!!!1!1

Not only can you get arrested for saying it. it's also VERY offensive and VERY inappropriate!!!1. If you say a cuss word, you're going to jail (very bad!) and if you go to jail, you go to jail and you're, your gonna eat VEGETABLES for your WHOLE life!!!

It's bad. Cuss words are bad and you DO NOT want to go to jail. I like vegetables tbh cuz I'm a nice guy. I ate vegetables like broccoli but you do not want to go to jail! You cannot go to jail!!
pls i don't wanna go to jail 😭😭

Reactions: AlexTheNG

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I agree on that. Everyone should know the rules. But as it is not a rule anymore, why would punishments stay? In my opinion there is no point at all, as it is allowed.

Note: I am not only talking about "tf" btw, it was just an example.
Undoing that punishment is a matter of trust. Do we trust and believe you you will not break the rules again? Do we think you're ready to get a second chance? Changing an existing rule has nothing to do with that.

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
Undoing that punishment is a matter of trust. Do we trust and believe you you will not break the rules again? Do we think you're ready to get a second chance? Changing an existing rule has nothing to do with that.
Okay I am convinced. But how about punishments that are not active where players have already got their second chance and haven't broke rules again?

Snowy54

Jul 26, 2019
Shinyland 💫✨
Hello there!
I've seen some situations where rules change, but punishments stay. In my opinion this isn't fair, and there is no point to keep these punishments anymore.
As an example, "tf" was mutable when you target it towars another player. A few days ago, this has changed and "tf" is not mutable anymore under any context (could change in the future, but for now, it's allowed).
But people who were muted after saying that, are still muted / if the punishment has expired then it still counts in their punishments history.
I want to suggest this; if a rule changes, punishments that were done due breaking this rule just disappear, no matter if they were active or not. I'm suggesting this because there is no point of keeping someone punished because he broke a rule that has changed.
You still broke a rule, so in my opinion the punishments stay :)

• Agree
Reactions: BrightDylanPlayz

BrightDylanPlayz

Apr 15, 2020
Tropical Island
Hello there!
Breaking rules need to be punished, even after that rule has been changed. It is not possible to unban/remove punishments after a rule change. This would cost soo much time.

Breaking any rule will always be punished (that's how the system works in our world).

If I can give you a little example: When someone got a fine because he drove 50 miles/hour in a 30 miles/hour street, but this street got a new max drive limit and is now 60 miles/hour, this doesn't mean that everybody that got a fine in this street should get the money back.

I hope you understand what I mean with this example.

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
Breaking rules need to be punished, even after that rule has been changed. It is not possible to unban/remove punishments after a rule change. This would cost soo much time.

Breaking any rule will always be punished (that's how the system works in our world).

If I can give you a little example: When someone got a fine because he drove 50 miles/hour in a 30 miles/hour street, but this street got a new max drive limit and is now 60 miles/hour, this doesn't mean that everybody that got a fine in this street should get the money back.

I hope you understand what I mean with this example.
Hello!
I do understand that. But you know it's way too different, and other servers -a lot of them- do that, this is why I suggested this.

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
Why Should they? Same story here, they broke a rule, they were punished. If we were to remove tue punishment, we’d mess up the punishment track.
Well because it's pointless (my opinion, of course.)
However, I understand your point and would ask if u can close this thread as I get that people who disagree are way more than the people who agree.
I suggested this because this is what other servers do, but as I said I understand your perspective.

BrightDylanPlayz

Apr 15, 2020
Tropical Island
Hello!
I do understand that. But you know it's way too different, and other servers -a lot of them- do that, this is why I suggested this.
I know that my given situation is different, but it is based on the same statement.

Removing punishments after a rule change, will make the whole track system much complicated. Nobody will know when they will be punished anymore, which means a total chaos in the whole system.

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
I know that my given situation is different, but it is based on the same statement.

Removing punishments after a rule change, will make the whole track system much complicated. Nobody will know when they will be punished anymore, which means a total chaos in the whole system.
ehh it isn't that much, as some other servers do it. However, as I said to Keanu I understand your perspective and I see that most -almost all- of the people disagree with my suggestion, and I for sure respect that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom