• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Hello,
I have been on the cubecraft discord for a while now. I’m just going to cut to the chase. You already read the title and I want there to be a “no bullying” rule. It’s as simple as that, I don’t think anyone wants bullying, why is it not punishable?

I had a personal experience that I will share. I will be showing screenshots of me talking to some of my friends about someone on the discord who bullied me and some of my other friends. This person joined the discord and had been there for a little bit. He ended up finding me in a game and killed me. He then proceeded to go onto the discord to tell me I was trash at the game. It didn’t stop with that. He proceeded to insult my profile picture, and anytime I spoke he would try to nag me on to start a fight. Anytime I talked in chat and he was there he would end up trying to fight me. It got to a point where I didn’t talk in the chat while he was there and tried to avoid that chat totally. I told a mod about the situation:
9CBF775E-96EB-4973-ACEC-F95BDE31E0E7.jpeg

I let a few days pass as he kept bullying me and others. Eventually I asked another mod to be sure, because at this point I was getting irritated by the bully.
4C3B0B29-0C30-4B9D-BEF1-92A87B71743A.jpeg

He was eventually banned from the discord for swearing, but he was bullying me and others for a week. I don’t want to see any more bullying towards others in discord EVER again. I was honestly baffled to learn that bullying wasn’t punishable. I don’t want to hear anyone say “get over it” or “there’s always going to be people like that” because yes, there is going to be bullies, but I don’t think that bullying should be present at ALL on CC discord. Thank you for your time.

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Well what exactly did he say..? You're just saying he said mean things can't really figure out what that means. That's good you have proof of speaking with a mod but maybe provide evidence of the bully himself?

Frankly I don't think bullying is that bad unless if its super harsh to the point they are threatening you. But some trash talk is just something normal in games and in life in general.

If you got some screenshots of the bullying that would be nice to include in your post :p

One more thing, I don't condone bullying, just read my post and realized I come off like I do think its fine. But I am more curious as to what he said that could've been so bad towards you.

Anyways, have a nice day!

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

Slovy

Mar 30, 2020
Hello,
I have been on the cubecraft discord for a while now. I’m just going to cut to the chase. You already read the title and I want there to be a “no bullying” rule. It’s as simple as that, I don’t think anyone wants bullying, why is it not punishable?

I had a personal experience that I will share. I will be showing screenshots of me talking to some of my friends about someone on the discord who bullied me and some of my other friends. This person joined the discord and had been there for a little bit. He ended up finding me in a game and killed me. He then proceeded to go onto the discord to tell me I was trash at the game. It didn’t stop with that. He proceeded to insult my profile picture, and anytime I spoke he would try to nag me on to start a fight. Anytime I talked in chat and he was there he would end up trying to fight me. It got to a point where I didn’t talk in the chat while he was there and tried to avoid that chat totally. I told a mod about the situation:

I let a few days pass as he kept bullying me and others. Eventually I asked another mod to be sure, because at this point I was getting irritated by the bully.

He was eventually banned from the discord for swearing, but he was bullying me and others for a week. I don’t want to see any more bullying towards others in discord EVER again. I was honestly baffled to learn that bullying wasn’t punishable. I don’t want to hear anyone say “get over it” or “there’s always going to be people like that” because yes, there is going to be bullies, but I don’t think that bullying should be present at ALL on CC discord. Thank you for your time.
Agreed. +1

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Well what exactly did he say..? You're just saying he said mean things can't really figure out what that means. That's good you have proof of speaking with a mod but maybe provide evidence of the bully himself?

Frankly I don't think bullying is that bad unless if its super harsh to the point they are threatening you. But some trash talk is just something normal in games and in life in general.

If you got some screenshots of the bullying that would be nice to include in your post :p

58AC5824-2D6B-4040-A742-E75CB0A9718B.png
928B2984-990B-414D-ACFC-48E293DC27BC.png
256DFAB1-C493-49D3-A8D3-85EBD55C7237.png
560F042A-5843-480C-BA18-C5297FD9D3D5.png
0D8A9C3D-5B28-40D7-A866-D5A5BDC214A7.png
2F3CC94E-DF41-414B-8D8F-C1BE6142FD16.png

Reactions: Calichin

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
D

Deleted member 59979

If I'm honest I think there should be a specific rule against it. When it's this obvious, unpleasant and consistent it should be punished. Preferrably I'd have it under a rule mostly based around the idea of death by a thousand cuts as this is the sort of behaviour that comes under death by a thousand cuts. However, there should be a line. General trash talking like calling "cleaner" when you die in a game of skywars shouldn't be punishable, but consistently being extremely toxic, unpleasant and generally making a specific person's life worse should be punishable. We're fortunate that that person was banned, although it took far too long to happen. They have been improving, but there's still a lot of work to do. They do punish for higher levels of harassment in Discord DMs now, although I don't know the specifics on this.
upload_2020-4-27_0-54-57.png

Generally they just need to do a complete refresh on the Discord and like many things brought up recently this needs to be one of the parts of it.

person9595

Apr 18, 2020
Yeah that's uncalled for. He should be banned for that, saying one thing to challenge a player is fine but just repeatedly calling them trash is just pointless and should be a bannable offense.

Thank you for the proof :)
Banning a Player for a Chat offense is a False Ban, The Player is Punishable by Warning, Then Temporary Mute, to Permanently Muted.

jerrx

Jul 8, 2016
Well you cant keep people of being toxic but bullying is still another thing so good suggestion

ToonBasic

Nov 3, 2019
Texas
Bullying is inevitable. A server can put as many restrictions as possible, but is up to you (The user) in the end to take care of yourself publicly and privately as well.

If you're being consistently targeted for bullying, I highly suggest keeping your Discord private messages locked to friends only so no one else aside from "Approved people/friends" can message you freely.

If it's necessary to keep your DMs open (For whatever reason it may be), I say just ignore them rather than feeding them. If necessary, report them, other than that, chances are staff members won't care as much to look into it compared to more serious matters (Such as, but not limited to the leakage of information, etc.).

Discord also contains a "Block" feature in case you weren't aware, so you can always block them as well if you don't wish to see their messages (That possibly contain hurtful remarks towards you).

Hope that helps even though it's not necessarily the response/answer you're looking for.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
To be honest, what that guy is saying is bannable.
Please note that the original meaning of the acronym can only violate the swearing rule. Acronyms that violate, for example, the threatening rule, such as 'kys', or acronyms that are meant for a specific player, such as 'thot', 'stfu', 'sthu' 'gtfo', 'fy' etc, are not allowed.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/reporting-guidelines-supplemental.195195/

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello,

This sucks buddy. Remind yourself the cubecraft discord is full of nice people you can talk to even about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom