Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

GreenIsBae

Aug 5, 2016
Belgium
1.8 takes skill to dodge and hit really fast. 1.9 doesn't take that much skill....
sorry for the ones who love 1.9 :p

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
1.8 takes skill to dodge and hit really fast. 1.9 doesn't take that much skill....
1.9 doesn't require skills? I am sorry but you need to time your hits and dodge the once you are supposed to receive from your opponent. Therefore you have to think better about weapon choices.

Of course players have different opinions about 1.8 and 1.9 pvp but I think both modes have their pros and cons.

Reactions: GreenIsBae

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Dodging still applies to 1.9. All you need to hit fast in 1.8 is a good mouse; sorry, I don't see any skill involved with that. Want to spend $20-50 USD on a regular or gaming mouse just because you click too fast and wear your mouse out faster than it should? Here's something that's better for that: autoclicker. Make it so every 2-3 seconds you are allowed to have the autoclicker automatically click and attack for you.

This is just like one of those pro-1.8 threads I've seen on other servers, where "1.9 PvP is ruined because of 1.9." Seriously, didn't you guys say the same for hunger and enchants in Minecraft 1.0 because Minecraft became "more like Warcraft"?

GreenIsBae

Aug 5, 2016
Belgium
1.9 doesn't require skills? I am sorry but you need to time your hits and dodge the once you are supposed to receive from your opponent. Therefore you have to think better about weapon choices.

Of course players have different opinions about 1.8 and 1.9 pvp but I think both modes have their pros and cons.
I respect you're opinion ;)

Reactions: zDutchie

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
1.8 and 1.9 both take skill..

Dodging still applies to 1.9. All you need to hit fast in 1.8 is a good mouse; sorry, I don't see any skill involved with that. Want to spend $20-50 USD on a regular or gaming mouse just because you click too fast and wear your mouse out faster than it should? Here's something that's better for that: autoclicker. Make it so every 2-3 seconds you are allowed to have the autoclicker automatically click and attack for you.
I feel like a facepalm meme is not enough to reply to this post..

Kinda funny how this thread turned into a 1.8/1.9 debate..

GreenIsBae

Aug 5, 2016
Belgium

This is just like one of those pro-1.8 threads I've seen on other servers, where "1.9 PvP is ruined because of 1.9." Seriously, didn't you guys say the same for hunger and enchants in Minecraft 1.0 because Minecraft became "more like Warcraft"?
I understand you and you don't need a very good mouse for that unless you want to be god xD;)

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I understand you and you don't need a very good mouse for that unless you want to be god xD;)
A good PvP game isn't based on your CPS. Let's look at TF2's Medieval Mode (melee only combat):

Spamming left-click in that game does nothing other than making it harder for you to hit every 0.8 seconds (0.5 for a certain class). This means you don't hit as much as you would if you held left-click.

Want to be a god in 1.9? It's about weapon usage such as using primary weapons, secondaries (this has more variety now and is much more needed than it was in 1.8), support, food management, tactics, etc.

Reactions: Tiroxi

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
We have fought before. :) It was the first time but also the last time... :#

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Me? I almost always forget unless they get salty over me, in which case I'll screenshot and put it into my collection.
Possibly, but I was talking to Yoyamin xD. And I never get salty... As long as they don't kill me. :)

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
A good PvP game isn't based on your CPS. Let's look at TF2's Medieval Mode (melee only combat):

Spamming left-click in that game does nothing other than making it harder for you to hit every 0.8 seconds (0.5 for a certain class). This means you don't hit as much as you would if you held left-click.

Want to be a god in 1.9? It's about weapon usage such as using primary weapons, secondaries (this has more variety now and is much more needed than it was in 1.8), support, food management, tactics, etc.
upload_2016-8-23_2-10-33.png

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Why the facepalms? I didn't say anything sarcastic there.
You said a good PVP game shouldn't be based on cps. You basically said 1.8 is only cps, have you ever tried doing nothing but clicking in a 1v1? Not moving, aiming, w-tapping, s-tapping, using a fishing rod (in actual 1.7/1.8) and such? Minecraft never was based on cps, cps helps a little bit but isnt needed at all. As long as you get around 5 cps you're fine. People just use cps as an excuse for losing.

Lets stop with this discussion as its not what this thread was made for..?

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡