Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
So for starters, I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community myself and when I first heard of the idea of integrating rainbow flags and other symbols in our networks, I was all for it. However, I started thinking and really don't think it's a good idea.

In the end, it will only bring controversy. It sounds all fine and dandy to stimulate our player base to be more respectful towards one another, but in the end, this is a gaming community and those are known to have exceptionally toxic players, quite a bit of homophobia and gynophobia. Taking that into consideration, adding a simple symbol to the server could cause unnecessary damage that CubeCraft as a company just doesn't need.

I know recently there was a gay-bashing incident in my country, after which many people started using anti-homophobia filters on their socials. It's easy to do something like this, but actually changing your mindset and way of interacting with those people to be more respectful and supportive is a different thing altogether. My point is, just putting a rainbow flag somewhere isn't really making a difference.

For those reasons, I think it would be much more beneficial to make actual changes to be more inclusive of people who feel left out, which is much broader than just the LGBTQ+ community. For instance, long ago we added another gender option to the forums (non-binary) alongside the traditional genders. Those changes matter. Those things make a difference and are much more meaningful than integrating a rainbow flag in our platforms for one month a year.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I personally am not LGBTQ (is that the right order?) but I have no problem with people who are. Also, cubecraft has always stressed that they try to make the server feel welcoming to everyone, so I think this would be a good step in the right direction.

Anyway, adjusting games and stuff sounds like a lot of work, I think something simpler like a chat message when you joined the server that said "Happy Pride Month" would be way easier to setup but accomplish basically the same thing.

Something to bear in mind is that there will always be people who want to act 5 years old and just be toxic and hate on people who are LGBTQ etc for no reason so I understand why people are disagreeing with this but remember that cubecraft does have the ability to mute people who are being homophobic.

Thanks

Reactions: Click Greatness

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
To me it always just feels like the companies that do this are doing it to try to gain attention and are using pride month to make more money.
This. Yeah I completely understand that. You ever see like pink m&mโ€™s to support breast cancer? And like turns out the company is only doing for good rep and sales bc thereโ€˜s like a teeny tiny profit going to the cause.

I guess cube could make an lgbtq+ flag purchasable and then sent an lgbtq+ organization like 75% of the profits. But I think the best thing to do is just have a rainbow flag in a rank that people can use as a double meaning to support the lgbtq+ community. It wouldnโ€™t mention lgbtq+ people or anything like that.

• Agree
Reactions: ATouchscreenPlayer

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
So for starters, I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community myself and when I first heard of the idea of integrating rainbow flags and other symbols in our networks, I was all for it. However, I started thinking and really don't think it's a good idea.

In the end, it will only bring controversy. It sounds all fine and dandy to stimulate our player base to be more respectful towards one another, but in the end, this is a gaming community and those are known to have exceptionally toxic players, quite a bit of homophobia and gynophobia. Taking that into consideration, adding a simple symbol to the server could cause unnecessary damage that CubeCraft as a company just doesn't need.

I know recently there was a gay-bashing incident in my country, after which many people started using anti-homophobia filters on their socials. It's easy to do something like this, but actually changing your mindset and way of interacting with those people to be more respectful and supportive is a different thing altogether. My point is, just putting a rainbow flag somewhere isn't really making a difference.

For those reasons, I think it would be much more beneficial to make actual changes to be more inclusive of people who feel left out, which is much broader than just the LGBTQ+ community. For instance, long ago we added another gender option to the forums (non-binary) alongside the traditional genders. Those changes matter. Those things make a difference and are much more meaningful than integrating a rainbow flag in our platforms for one month a year.
Fair point. But to me this isnโ€™t meant to raise awareness or support the community or anything like that. Itโ€™s not supposed to do anything aside from a sign that cubecraft knows that some of its players are lgbtq+.

I think just a simple rainbow flag should be in like a bundle or something and it wouldnโ€™t have any mention of supporting the lgbtq+ community, but those who are in that community can just use it as a double meaning thing.

davimm02

Feb 16, 2021
Fair point. But to me this isnโ€™t meant to raise awareness or support the community or anything like that. Itโ€™s not supposed to do anything aside from a sign that cubecraft knows that some of its players are lgbtq+.

I think just a simple rainbow flag should be in like a bundle or something and it wouldnโ€™t have any mention of supporting the lgbtq+ community, but those who are in that community can just use it as a double meaning thing.
in my opinion they shouldn't do something like that, cubecraft doesn't need to take part in those stuff, they have a minecraft server, and what they need to do are good seasonal events and good minigames. Pride month is something important but i think that a minecraft server shouldn't take part in any celebration/movement since there quite a lot of them rn and if u do pride month u are just saying that pride is s more important cause than any other.

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
in my opinion they shouldn't do something like that, cubecraft doesn't need to take part in those stuff, they have a minecraft server, and what they need to do are good seasonal events and good minigames. Pride month is something important but i think that a minecraft server shouldn't take part in any celebration/movement since there quite a lot of them rn and if u do pride month u are just saying that pride is s more important cause than any other.
I donโ€™t think u read my second point. Just include a rainbow flag in a bundle and those who buy it can use it as a double meaning thing.

May 7, 2021
๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

Itโ€™s pride month. So I think we should have some sort of way of respecting this. Some ways of doing this are, getting a message to pop up when u log on this month that says โ€œhappy pride monthโ€œ, adding a flag with a rainbow in the lobby, or the one I want for this suggestion having all default capture the flag flags turn into lgbtq+ flags. It might be too late for this and then maybe it would be nice to keep this in mind for next time thereโ€™s a special occasion.

Let me say this. This another way this COULD be implemented is to have a purchasable rainbow flag ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ ๐ŸŒˆ as an option to buy in a rank or something that would be branded as a rainbow flag but people could use it as a way to represent the lgbtq+ community. Because @Technosword mentioned that if it was branded as an lgbtq flag, we would be forced to do this for all other human rights. So we wouldnโ€™t actually state it as an lgbtq+ flag but for those who know, could use it as an lgbtq+ flag.
Make it free to raise awareness

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey @Click Greatness! Thanks for the suggestion, we're glad you've brought this up and we'd like to address some of our reasoning for some of our decisions here.

Firstly, we'd like to reiterate that we champion equal rights at CubeCraft Games - the impact that we've had across the globe with players of different nationalities, races and sexualities is something we're extremely humbled by. We have a zero-tolerance policy on hate speech, including targeted homophobia, which we encourage people to report if seen on our network to our moderators if seen anywhere on our network to be dealt with.

Creating features for Pride month sounds like a cool way to commemorate the community, however, it may raise questions about potentially not supporting other events in the year. We are an inclusive organisation and don't want there to be disputes between other communities in our network.

We're unable to have such a powerful impact on a global issue such as hate speech or homophobia as a Minecraft server/game studio. The last thing we would like to do is to play into the false narrative of changing branding performatively such as by changing our Discord logo to include a rainbow flag and change it back to our regular branding as soon as the 1st of July hits. It is not right for us to do. We'd like to incorporate supportive messaging for the LGBTQ+ community all the time, such as stricter moderation policies & providing support.

We'd like to direct you to organisations that have spent decades dedicated to supporting the LGBTQ+ community, such as Stonewall, the LGBT Foundation, The Trevor Project and GLAAD. These organisations provide resources for you and your peers, as well as information on how to help.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

Itโ€™s pride month. So I think we should have some sort of way of respecting this. Some ways of doing this are, getting a message to pop up when u log on this month that says โ€œhappy pride monthโ€œ, adding a flag with a rainbow in the lobby, or the one I want for this suggestion having all default capture the flag flags turn into lgbtq+ flags. It might be too late for this and then maybe it would be nice to keep this in mind for next time thereโ€™s a special occasion.

Let me say this. This another way this COULD be implemented is to have a purchasable rainbow flag ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ ๐ŸŒˆ as an option to buy in a rank or something that would be branded as a rainbow flag but people could use it as a way to represent the lgbtq+ community. Because @Technosword mentioned that if it was branded as an lgbtq flag, we would be forced to do this for all other human rights. So we wouldnโ€™t actually state it as an lgbtq+ flag but for those who know, could use it as an lgbtq+ flag.
I think giving a Rainbow Flag for CTF as a free bundle would be cool and stuff like that, But probably not making the server look like they are doing it just for their community, I do agree with what they do and everything. I just don't want the server to make it feel like they are forcing these beliefs on the players.

Like the Winter Bundle, it's not called the "Christmas Bundle"
But the Halloween Bundle is called Halloween Bundle, I don't get much LOL. But yeaa
Because they aren't pushing Christian across the server, but still having it added as it's a fun thing that a lot of people are a part of but not pushing it out like they are.

Something that every can accept over just the group if that makes sense. And the server is mostly like kids, that don't get or understand those things.

Reactions: Click Greatness
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw ๐ŸŒŸ
Top Bottom