Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, I'd like to suggest that more preventation is taken with spam before punishing people for what often is a mistake. Most servers in minecraft have preventitive measures put in place for stuff like spam and spam bots but cube does not.

What is the spam rule and why is it a thing; The spam rule is here so our chats will not get spammed, this is actually not really why its here, its really here for punishments because there's clearly a way for our chats to not get spammed by preventing it. It should not be a thing that any rule is punishable and there is a way to prevent 1. people being punished and 2. peoples chats getting spammed

Spam is one of the rules people get punished for most when it is often a mistake, various things make people get punished for spam, such as auto chats and general mistakes.

Furthermore spam bots are often present in Lobby 1, these are often long messages that annoy people a lot

My suggestion is that everytime someone says the same thing 3 times in the same lobby(/whereami) it will be filtered out, the reason it should be just in the same lobby is because its often a problem on servers that people cant say gg, also spambots will still be punished for there actions because there messages are often long so 2 would be enough + people who bypass it because there obviously looking to get punished. This would obviously make all the mistakes go away.(2 messages of the same will be allowed, 3 will not)

The suggestion: Make the third chat the same as the last 3 filter out

In conclusion, I suggest CubeCraft should take much more preventitive measures for our chats not getting spammed + people not getting punished for what often is a mistake. I would also like to add that this wouldn't have a message saying your chat has been filtered out like other servers because its easier to bypass it this way.

P.s the rules are here for a reason, not to punish people. - this rule is here so our chats dont get spammed, id like it to actually be that way as currently it is in fact not.

Last edited:

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't agree with your thread, as people should be careful about sending the same message several times. They should think a bit more, as most players are know this rule.
People make mistakes, it happens. It shouldn't result in such a serious punishment. And again people keep thinking of this in the way of people should be being punished for it, in actual fact the rule is here for us and our chats not being spammed.

Reactions: Ferrcho

ATouchscreenPlayer

Nov 29, 2020
... Better not ban u for that- also I meant in game...
3A1674A9-F547-4678-95D6-75EADA85D777.png

• Sad
Reactions: Matriox
D

Deleted member 576174

People who spam first get a warning, when spamming a second time I'd guess the punishment is not that sever, when spamming a third time you should think about your behavior again. For me it's a no.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
People who spam first get a warning, when spamming a second time I'd guess the punishment is not that sever, when spamming a third time you should think about your behavior again. For me it's a no.
It's not about the person spamming, that is not why the rule is there. Why is it there - For our Chats to not get spammed. That is what is ask, for our Chats to not get spammed by this filter coming in. It's not about the rule breaker, it's about people seeing the spam.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, I'd like to suggest that more preventation is taken with spam before punishing people for what often is a mistake. Most servers in minecraft have preventitive measures put in place for stuff like spam and spam bots but cube does not.

What is the spam rule and why is it a thing; The spam rule is here so our chats will not get spammed, this is actually not really why its here, its really here for punishments because there's clearly a way for our chats to not get spammed by preventing it. It should not be a thing that any rule is punishable and there is a way to prevent 1. people being punished and 2. peoples chats getting spammed

Spam is one of the rules people get punished for most when it is often a mistake, various things make people get punished for spam, such as auto chats and general mistakes.

Furthermore spam bots are often present in Lobby 1, these are often long messages that annoy people a lot

My suggestion is that everytime someone says the same thing 3 times in the same lobby(/whereami) it will be filtered out, the reason it should be just in the same lobby is because its often a problem on servers that people cant say gg, also spambots will still be punished for there actions because there messages are often long so 2 would be enough + people who bypass it because there obviously looking to get punished. This would obviously make all the mistakes go away.(2 messages of the same will be allowed, 3 will not)

The suggestion: Make the third chat the same as the last 3 filter out

In conclusion, I suggest CubeCraft should take much more preventitive measures for our chats not getting spammed + people not getting punished for what often is a mistake. I would also like to add that this wouldn't have a message saying your chat has been filtered out like other servers because its easier to bypass it this way.

P.s the rules are here for a reason, not to punish people. - this rule is here so our chats dont get spammed, id like it to actually be that way as currently it is in fact not.
I completely agree with you. For exaple in hypixel, you can't spam because when you repeat the same message in a short period of time, you can't. In most of servers, it sends you a message like this:
image.png

• Agree

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't agree with your thread, as people should be careful about sending the same message several times. They should think a bit more, as most players are know this rule.
Punishing people is not the solution, it takes a lot of work and time to the staff team.
Its better just to just create a system that does not allow people to spam. It will be better for everyone

• Agree
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom