Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Something else (please state)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
So you all know that I love playing normal half health. But there's one absolutely horrid thing wrong with it:
POWER BOWS

If you're confused because you've never played normal half, let me explain this real quickly. Basically, the power bow makes gearing up completely useless. I've only found two gear combos that actually have any use:
- One piece of chain (to survive the insta-kill)
- Full iron (To be able to take three hits)

And technically you can only take two hits with the iron, but with the one second bow cooldown you'll be able to take a 3rd shot with the regen (and full iron may not be correct as chain helmet is the same and might be possible with less, but you get the point)

Solutions:
1. Remove it
2. Up price to 32, so notch apple can cost the same
3. Make the bow power zero.
4. Both 2 and 3

Remember this is only for normal half health. Other normal modes are unaffected.

Reactions: 0ffense

Mage_da_magix

Jan 16, 2017
Inside your mind
Shields will also work.... If you want to move like a snail for half an hour
I think the power bow shouldn't be removed due to it making half hp a challenge.
To survive it you must work around it
-Not saying it's fun, but if both players can get it, it's fair

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Shields will also work.... If you want to move like a snail for half an hour
I think the power bow shouldn't be removed due to it making half hp a challenge.
To survive it you must work around it
-Not saying it's fun, but if both players can get it, it's fair
So rather than fixing it, you just say "Do it yourself". Getting tired of responses like these. And btw normal half is already challenging - the power bow just straight up breaks it.

Mage_da_magix

Jan 16, 2017
Inside your mind
So rather than fixing it, you just say "Do it yourself". Getting tired of responses like these. And btw normal half is already challenging - the power bow just straight up breaks it.
I didn't only say to try it for yourself.
I mention working around it. -strategy. Being sneaky and placing blocks to guard yourself. There are other strats too, you just got to be creative and figure them out
Don't hate on me for giving my opinion
Skill > OP items always works if you know what you're doing.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I would agree with a nerf, I was once camped in my ship on space and the enemy was on the planet, impossible to go up there.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
If they removed it from half health I think it would be nice, but idk how that would work with the villagers being changed by the gamemode. Maybe you just shouldn't play half health?

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
If they removed it from half health I think it would be nice, but idk how that would work with the villagers being changed by the gamemode. Maybe you just shouldn't play half health?
I prefer half health because I like short fights and I'm tired of gapple chuggers. It also has a quicker pace of play, which I always like.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I prefer half health because I like short fights and I'm tired of gapple chuggers. It also has a quicker pace of play, which I always like.
I've found gapple chugging to not be very good in normal items, which I'm pretty sure you like? And normal normal isn't exactly a mode that drags on and on and on.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I've found gapple chugging to not be very good in normal items, which I'm pretty sure you like? And normal normal isn't exactly a mode that drags on and on and on.
Not a problem with a strong sword, but because I rush I'm almost always stuck with a wood sword lmao EDIT: I also think the power bow is the only problem with normal half (obviously excluding mid camping once set up), where other modes have additional problems

je_moederisbae

Novice Member
May 1, 2017
they should the price indeed increase! otherwise, it is OP! if you have leather armor you're in 3 or 4 shots dead and that is not nice!

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Not a problem with a strong sword, but because I rush I'm almost always stuck with a wood sword lmao
You think it's bad in normal? Try using a wood sword against prot IV armor in OP, It's hopeless.

Although I do think it would be nice to see the power pow price increased in half health, I don't know if cube will make different villager buys with different health levels too instead of just item types. And I don't want to see the power bow completely removed from normal just because half health :L

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
You think it's bad in normal? Try using a wood sword against prot IV armor in OP, It's hopeless.

Although I do think it would be nice to see the power pow price increased in half health, I don't know if cube will make different villager buys with different health levels too instead of just item types. And I don't want to see the power bow completely removed from normal just because half health :L
What about the power 0 bow? Makes it less OP. I usually just go for the Power V bow in OP, it's extremely underrated and nobody expects it.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
What about the power 0 bow? Makes it less OP. I usually just go for the Power V bow in OP, it's extremely underrated and nobody expects it.
1) Idk about the power 0 bow tbh. Because I think that the bow balance is great the way it is with every health above half, and I don't think that they should change it for all the health leves just because of half health.

2) And in OP the power V bow is underrated tbh. It's awesome, you can do soo much damage before someone even gets close to you it's insane, shreds armor too.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
1) Idk about the power 0 bow tbh. Because I think that the bow balance is great the way it is with every health above half, and I don't think that they should change it for all the health leves just because of half health.

2) And in OP the power V bow is underrated tbh. It's awesome, you can do soo much damage before someone even gets close to you it's insane, shreds armor too.
Changes would only apply to half health. If it affects others I'm with you don't do anything.

Reactions: ChasingRainbows

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
Probably if they up the price a little bit will be great as I agree with you the power bow is a little bit OP in normal half health.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom