Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

💸 Plus Subscription Suspension

Hi everyone! It's me again with another suggestion! This time I'll be discussing the Plus rank subscription under a very certain circumstance: being banned. Now you might think: getting banned is your own fault, bad luck if you had a plus rank during your ban period, but I disagree with that, and that's why I'm making this thread! Please read everything before voting, that's much appreciated!

First of all, let's quickly go over what Plus rank is and why it is different to the other ranks! Plus rank is a rank you can unlock on top of another rank. This rank is also not a lifetime rank unlike all the other ranks and bundles. A subscription cost you 7GBP/month, which is pretty similar to Discord's Nitro subscription for their platform.

You can buy Plus rank for a month. This means 30 days from the minute you buy the subscription, you'll be able to enjoy double voting, elytra in lobbies and custom kill messages. But here also comes a problem. When a player is banned, the time for which this player paid continues to tick away.

As I said above, you might think that being banned is your own fault, you shouldn't have cheated and you should deal with the consequences. However, with Sentinel not being 100% accurate, people can be banned without actually breaking the rules. In the best case, someone's appeal will be read on the same day, getting the player unbanned. Sadly, there are still people that are waiting for a few days, sometimes even weeks, before their appeal is read/handled. If you have a Plus Subscription on your account during a (fake) ban, your subscription should be timed out, having not opportunity on using it, and should continue whenever the player is unbanned (either after an appeal or for example after a 7 days ban).

Thanks for reading, please vote :agree: If you think subscriptions should be timed out if the user isnt able to use the rank, it should be disabled. If you don't agree, please leave down why, so we can take the feedback with! Please don't use any likes or other stuff, since they dont add anything to the thread!

You've reached the end! Yay! Now you can relax and enjoy your masterpiece <3

Last edited:

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I see a lot of people disagreeing... Could anyone explain me why exactly? Not being able to use something you bought because of an error seems really unfair to me. However, if anyone could explain their side, that would be really helpful for me! 😄

Reactions: Matriox

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
Basically what you're suggesting is that the 30 days should only "tick away" when the player isn't on the server which really doesn't make sense at all, even in the scenario where the player is banned. The subscriber pays for the 1 month and the 1 month only, no breaks in between because the player wasn't active. You go ask Netflix for breaks in between when you aren't watching anything or aren't able to watch anything and see how that works out for you. Whether a player gets banned or not the 30 days will still count down no matter, its their own tough luck.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
Basically what you're suggesting is that the 30 days should only "tick away" when the player isn't on the server which really doesn't make sense at all, even in the scenario where the player is banned. The subscriber pays for the 1 month and the 1 month only, no breaks in between because the player wasn't active. You go ask Netflix for breaks in between when you aren't watching anything or aren't able to watch anything and see how that works out for you. Whether a player gets banned or not the 30 days will still count down no matter, its their own tough luck.
I think you don't quite understand the purpose of this thread. Allow me to explain with an example:

It is the 1st of June and I wish to enjoy myself with playing games on the CubeCraft Games network after having finished my exams. To maximize the fun I decide to buy the Plus subscription for this month. On the third day however, I join a game and as always, CaloriMod quickly votes for my favourite game modes until suddenly, I'm kicked out of the server for illegal modifications. The auto clicker used for voting by CaloriMod falsely caused Sentinel to get triggered!
I'm not that used to the forums so I go to the Discord server's staff help to ask how I appeal my ban. The question gets lost and the next day I have to ask again. I finally understand how to appeal and quickly get on the forums. But due to unforeseen circumstances, Sentinel developers are busy with something else for 4 days. After that, they quickly get through the pending appeals that were slowly stacking and unbanned me 2 days after. Phew, bought Plus on the 1st, got banned on the 3rd and I can play again on the 12th...

Now this players experience with the Plus subscription has been reduced to almost 2/3rd of its original length. You paid € 8,34 and only enjoyed € 5,56. Doesn't seem fair, does it? That's why @Blom suggests to give said players' back their value and for instance "pause the timer".

In the end however, I think this is not the most optimal way of giving back their purchased goods because if one gets banned rightfully, it's their own fault but the timer would still be paused. Personally, I would see more potential in adding the lost days back to one's timer whenever their appeal gets accepted.

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
I think you don't quite understand the purpose of this thread. Allow me to explain with an example:

It is the 1st of June and I wish to enjoy myself with playing games on the CubeCraft Games network after having finished my exams. To maximize the fun I decide to buy the Plus subscription for this month. On the third day however, I join a game and as always, CaloriMod quickly votes for my favourite game modes until suddenly, I'm kicked out of the server for illegal modifications. The auto clicker used for voting by CaloriMod falsely caused Sentinel to get triggered!
I'm not that used to the forums so I go to the Discord server's staff help to ask how I appeal my ban. The question gets lost and the next day I have to ask again. I finally understand how to appeal and quickly get on the forums. But due to unforeseen circumstances, Sentinel developers are busy with something else for 4 days. After that, they quickly get through the pending appeals that were slowly stacking and unbanned me 2 days after. Phew, bought Plus on the 1st, got banned on the 3rd and I can play again on the 12th...

Now this players experience with the Plus subscription has been reduced to almost 2/3rd of its original length. You paid € 8,34 and only enjoyed € 5,56. Doesn't seem fair, does it? That's why @Blom suggests to give said players' back their value and for instance "pause the timer".

In the end however, I think this is not the most optimal way of giving back their purchased goods because if one gets banned rightfully, it's their own fault but the timer would still be paused. Personally, I would see more potential in adding the lost days back to one's timer whenever their appeal gets accepted.
I do understand, although I dont think you do. Your example shows why its not Cubecrafts problem let alone something they need to fix.

This player states that they were banned because of CaloriMod auto vote, but I dont think you realize that Cubecraft is very clear that all mods (including Calori) are use at your own risk. This player took the risk and they got banned because of it. 9 times out of 10 false bans are result of mods triggering Cubecrafts anticheat in some way, that isn't Cubecrafts fault. So why should Cubecraft give the days lost back because of a risk that the player took and resulted in their ban? If the false ban could be proven as a bug or error in Cubecraft itself, then I could see a reason for the lost days to be added, but @Blom is suggesting that the lost days be added back to banned players no matter the reason.

• Agree
Reactions: Shotgun

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I do understand, although I dont think you do. Your example shows why its not Cubecrafts problem let alone something they need to fix.

This player states that they were banned because of CaloriMod auto vote, but I dont think you realize that Cubecraft is very clear that all mods (including Calori) are use at your own risk. This player took the risk and they got banned because of it. 9 times out of 10 false bans are result of mods triggering Cubecrafts anticheat in some way, that isn't Cubecrafts fault. So why should Cubecraft give the days lost back because of a risk that the player took and resulted in their ban? If the false ban could be proven as a bug or error in Cubecraft itself, then I could see a reason for the lost days to be added, but @Blom is suggesting that the lost days be added back to banned players no matter the reason.
Well, what the point is, is that if you are banned on vanilla minecraft for whatever reason when the ban wasn't justified, you might lose a week or even more for which you payed money. Me, a poor user (maybe because I bought obsidian but that's a whole another story :P), wouldn't be able to recover from that loss. For me, 3.50 GBP is quite a lot, and I'm not the only one. Plus would be a great way to spend it on, but if you cannot enjoy it because you were falsely removed from the server, it feels quite unfair, but it is in my opinion a scam. If you pay for netflix and you only watch one serie, thats your own decision, but if you want to watch but netflix doesn't allow you because you somehow managed to get banned for no reason, that feels like a straight up scam for me. I get your point btw, thanks for the response, that really helps <3

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom