Voting

• Agreed

• Disagreed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I can't say for sure when exactly this feature has been 'patched', but you used to be able to use GIFs as a profile picture. Unfortunately, this has feature has been disabled and we're stuck with boring, regular images

Perhaps only PLUS subscribers should be able to use GIFs for their profile pictures? You can basically compare this with Nitro on Discord tbh, more or less the same

o41GLEj.gif

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I just think everyone should be able to use gifs..
And I can see why, I'd personally also love the be able to use them though look at it from CubeCrafts point of view :P Another feature to convince players to subscribe!

I asked why it was disabled in #staff-help some time ago, and Quetzi replied saying it was just a bug and that I had to report it on the site so no, I don’t agree with this.
Then I got some information wrong though my suggestion remains ;)

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
And I can see why, I'd personally also love the be able to use them though look at it from CubeCrafts point of view :p Another feature to convince players to subscribe!
Yeah I doubt anyone is like.. "Huh.. I'm not sure if I want to subscribe.. There are not a lot of features.."
*CubeCraft adds GIFs to Plus Forums*
"OH DAMN NOW I HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!"
Nah

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Yeah I doubt anyone is like.. "Huh.. I'm not sure if I want to subscribe.. There are not a lot of features.."
Nah
If you were to do that for all features separately then obviously no one would subscribe though look at this as a whole

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Nah

It would be a filler feature.
As a singular thing, no one in the world would buy plus.
However, combined with other features, it would be a nice thing to have.

Reactions: Priley

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
If you were to do that for all features separately then obviously no one would subscribe though look at this as a whole
Being able to have GIFs as profile picture has been here for a quite long time, and as San said, it doesn't work due to a bug.
So I just think it should stay the same way as how it was before. I don't want CubeCraft to turn into something where almost everything requires you to buy plus. I get that it could be good for CubeCraft but I just don't want that to happen.

Reactions: Nikoshka

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Being able to have GIFs as profile picture has been here for a quite long time, and as San said, it doesn't work due to a bug.
So I just think it should stay the same way as how it was before. I don't want CubeCraft to turn into something where almost everything requires you to buy plus. I get that it could be good for CubeCraft but I just don't want that to happen.
I do agree with that everyone should have access to GIF profile pictures.
And that's your full right. Nothing I'll say will change any of your opinions but I still feel like it should be Plus only :P

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
I think everyone should be able to use GIFs. It would make Plus more valuable but It's quite annoying for the people who don't have plus.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I think everyone should be able to use GIFs. It would make Plus more valuable but It's quite annoying for the people who don't have plus.
It's obviously not going to be very pleasant for those who aren't subscribed to Plus, same like it is now with the other features though

Last edited:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
It's obviously wouldn't be very pleasant for those who aren't subscribed to Plus, same like it is now with the other features though
Yes but those features weren't allowed for everyone before plus.
Everyone was allowed to have GIFs as profile pictures. So it's quite weird to turn it into a plus only feature

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Buys Plus for 1 month
Gets GIF pfp
Refunds Plus
Keeps GIF pfp

Everyone CAN have a GIF pfp, except it can't be more than 50kB. Soooooooo unless you're suggesting raising it for more than 50kB... then this entire thing is more like "Revoke the access of other people to have GIFs as profile pictures."

I don't really agree with this, and if you are suggesting to raise the pfp limit to higher than 50kB for plus, then I wouldn't mind it too much, it's up to management to decide if it's good for them financially because it would require more data usage and whatnot, + it will lag for people with bad internet (like me, I lag enough without even anyone having a high quality image.)

Either ways I will keep this pfp and I'll forever have a GIF pfp hehehehehehehehehe

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Buys Plus for 1 month
Gets GIF pfp
Refunds Plus
Keeps GIF pfp
I assume the GIF would just freeze when someone has unsubscribed :)

Everyone CAN have a GIF pfp, except it can't be more than 50kB. Soooooooo unless you're suggesting raising it for more than 50kB... then this entire thing is more like "Revoke the access of other people to have GIFs as profile pictures."

I don't really agree with this, and if you are suggesting to raise the pfp limit to higher than 50kB for plus, then I wouldn't mind it too much, it's up to management to decide if it's good for them financially because it would require more data usage and whatnot, + it will lag for people with bad internet (like me, I lag enough without even anyone having a high quality image.)

Either ways I will keep this pfp and I'll forever have a GIF pfp hehehehehehehehehe
Like I said before, this could just be another neat feature for the Plus rank. And no, I'm not suggesting to raise the current 50 kilobytes

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom