Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I have so much against the city map and really want it to be fixed. Here are some reasons why it aggravates me and needs to be fixed.
  • Bridge to mid is already built for you. You need about 6 iron to go to mid and back because the roads are already built for you, no other map has this implement because people aren't supposed to be getting diamonds 30 seconds into the game.

• Egg placement. Every teams egg is placed on this small tower surrounded by blocks on the corner of the island. Its bad enough that its on a tower but putting it on the edge of your island creates even crazier. the attacker must build up in order to get to the egg and while they do so, all the defender has to do is sprint punch him in the direction of the void. I know other maps have their egg on a high altitude and maybe on the corner of the island but they don't have both! In kingdom the egg is placed on the second floor but it has a platform flat enough for pvp and a chunk of land that saves you from the void if the defenders sprint punch you off.

• Mid is poor for pvp. Inside of the mid houses are a ton of blocks and decorations that take up practically the whole room. Also the entrances to the houses are a 2 block wide tunnel that makes it awkward to run through. With both of these factors, if your stuck in one of the rooms with someone that overgears you then your trapped and have literally nowhere to run. Even if you better at pvp than him the objects prevent you from strafing him. The entrance and objects together make it impossible to run away as your getting thrown all over the place from the hits.

• Base altitude. Every base has a significant block level higher than the bridges to mid. Theres also only one entrance to each base and to go through it you have to build up. This is way too easy to defend against. The base defenders just need to hover over the attackers and wait for them to build right under them. Then they pounce on top of them and knock them into the void.

• Roads to mid are too wide. The roads to mid are several blocks wide and make it way too easy to strafe and pvp on. IMO, bridges to different islands shouldn't be ideal for pvp AND should be player built.

• Punch bow nearly completely useless. There is nowhere on the map where the punch bow can be effective at all. In other maps the bridges are 1 block wide which makes it ideal to get shot off, but the roads on City are so wide you cant bow anyone off from a distance. Also, like in point 3, mid is in such a confined space there is no space between you and the enemy which renders bow spam useless. The only real reason I see the bow being helpful in is base camping and being an alternative for the fist in pouncing on an intruder.

Last edited:
Reactions: zDutchie

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
This is actually my favorite two player map for most of the reasons you dislike it.
  • Bridges are mostly all built so rushing is really fast. Some maps, you don't need any blocks at all (solo safari). On this map, if you were to rush mid, you are almost guaranteed a loss. One of your neighbors will see that you left and instantly rush and break your egg then kill you.
  • I think the egg placement is quite good. It balances out how overpowered rushing. If you run and quickly place blocks, you can stack up and break the egg without getting punched off or being killed. And it is far enough way from the respawn that once you kill a player, you can stack up and block yourself in and safely break any obsidian.
  • The only room that is slightly bad for pvp at mid is the plant room. If you get into a fight, you can easily run into the middle of mid where it is completely open and have a great fight. I do agree with you about the main entrances to mid. They are really easy to block up and should be widen at least one block in each direction.
  • This is really easy to avoid. For the bases on the outside, you can build from the road circling mid straight to the egg. If it is the middle base, simply build from one of the neighboring bases. If you decide to go through the 'front door' of the base, you can stack up out of hit distance then jump over them. I think the base height balances out the fact that roads connect all the bases already.
  • I love the roads. It is so great for pvp an the only way you can get hit off is if you are running next to the edge. I do not want the road changed at all.
  • Yet another reason I love this map. It encourages everyone to pvp, not camp and bow spam. If you do buy a bow, it helps to shot a road runner (heh) off the edge. Or in pvp to help knock them back so you can start a combo.
In conclusion, I love this map. I would be very sad if they changed it.

Last edited:

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
This is actually may favorite two player map for most of the reasons you dislike it.
  • Bridges are mostly all built so rushing is really fast. Some maps, you don't need any blocks at all (solo safari). On this map, if you were to rush mid, you are almost guaranteed a loss. One of your neighbors will see that you left and instantly rush and break your egg then kill you.
  • I think the egg placement is quite good. It balances out how overpowered rushing. If you run and quickly place blocks, you can stack up and break the egg without getting punched off or being killed. And it is far enough way from the respawn that once you kill a player, you can stack up and block yourself in and safely break any obsidian.
  • The only room that is slightly bad for pvp at mid is the plant room. If you get into a fight, you can easily run into the middle of mid where it is completely open and have a great fight. I do agree with you about the main entrances to mid. They are really easy to block up and should be widen at least one block in each direction.
  • This is really easy to avoid. For the bases on the outside, you can build from the road circling mid straight to the egg. If it is the middle base, simply build from one of the neighboring bases. If you decide to go through the 'front door' of the base, you can stack up out of hit distance then jump over them. I think the base height balances out the fact that roads connect all the bases already.
  • I love the roads. It is so great for pvp an the only way you can get hit off is if you are running next to the edge. I do not want the road changed at all.
  • Yet another reason I love this map. It encourages everyone to pvp, not camp and bow spam. If you do buy a bow, it helps to shot a road runner (heh) off the edge. Or in pvp to help knock them back so you can start a combo.
That's why we get easy wins :P

Reactions: TheBrownster

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
This is actually may favorite two player map for most of the reasons you dislike it.
Being rushed by neighbors is totally avoidable, in fact, they might not even see you left at all. One person can just stay and guard while the other rushes mid. If the guarder sees an incoming intruder, he can yell help and the teammate will be back in probably be back in time to save them because the mid bridges are already built!
If you run and quickly place blocks? everyone stacks up at the same rate there is no way to speed up the process. Based on how fast that is and a players reach, you can sprint punch the enemy before they get too high. Your right it is far away from the respawn to break the egg but I still think the egg should be still be lowered, just surround yourself in blocks so they can hit you.
But if you get stuck in the room, you really cant get out because of the tunnel from of how small and diagonal it is.
You have a point there.
Well then I guess we just have different opinions on the road. IMO, the bridges between the islands should be one block wide and not ideal for strafing. ANd you can get hit off anywhere on the road if someone locks you in a 3 hit combo.
The road is so wide you cant bow people off it. It has such an awkward length that its so close that you can melee a bow spammer, but so far that you cant be bowed off. If its just to lock someone in a combo then its not worth the 25 diamonds used to spend it.

Last edited:

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
This is actually my favorite two player map for most of the reasons you dislike it.
Agree with This ^ and he's completely right.

Reactions: TheBrownster

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
1) I think that this is a great way of making the game move along faster.

2) You have to be a little creative to get another teams egg, but if you are creative then it doesn't really matter where the egg is.

3) Okay I'll give you that it isn't great for PvP, but it could be worse.

4) Verticality is good, and it pretty easy to just build up high away from their base and just build over.

5) This adds some variety to eggwars, which I think is great.

6) With the amount of people who whine about the punch bow being too powerful I don't see this is as a problem

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I have so much against the city map and really want it to be fixed. Here are some reasons why it aggravates me and needs to be fixed.
  • Bridge to mid is already built for you. You need about 6 iron to go to mid and back because the roads are already built for you, no other map has this implement because people aren't supposed to be getting diamonds 30 seconds into the game.

• Egg placement. Every teams egg is placed on this small tower surrounded by blocks on the corner of the island. Its bad enough that its on a tower but putting it on the edge of your island creates even crazier. the attacker must build up in order to get to the egg and while they do so, all the defender has to do is sprint punch him in the direction of the void. I know other maps have their egg on a high altitude and maybe on the corner of the island but they don't have both! In kingdom the egg is placed on the second floor but it has a platform flat enough for pvp and a chunk of land that saves you from the void if the defenders sprint punch you off.

• Mid is poor for pvp. Inside of the mid houses are a ton of blocks and decorations that take up practically the whole room. Also the entrances to the houses are a 2 block wide tunnel that makes it awkward to run through. With both of these factors, if your stuck in one of the rooms with someone that overgears you then your trapped and have literally nowhere to run. Even if you better at pvp than him the objects prevent you from strafing him. The entrance and objects together make it impossible to run away as your getting thrown all over the place from the hits.

• Base altitude. Every base has a significant block level higher than the bridges to mid. Theres also only one entrance to each base and to go through it you have to build up. This is way too easy to defend against. The base defenders just need to hover over the attackers and wait for them to build right under them. Then they pounce on top of them and knock them into the void.

• Roads to mid are too wide. The roads to mid are several blocks wide and make it way too easy to strafe and pvp on. IMO, bridges to different islands shouldn't be ideal for pvp AND should be player built.

• Punch bow nearly completely useless. There is nowhere on the map where the punch bow can be effective at all. In other maps the bridges are 1 block wide which makes it ideal to get shot off, but the roads on City are so wide you cant bow anyone off from a distance. Also, like in point 3, mid is in such a confined space there is no space between you and the enemy which renders bow spam useless. The only real reason I see the bow being helpful in is base camping and being an alternative for the fist in pouncing on an intruder.
The only thing I agree on is moving the egg position, I feel your pain.
The rest I would like it to stay the way it is.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
You don't want maps that all look the same, they need to be different for fun experiences in all maps and these differences often make for different playstyles, (cube talked about this at minecon).
If you don't like a map, don't play it. I personally love City and I don't think any changes are needed. The height differences on both the bridges to island and island to egg are needed to reduce the amount of jump down, run to island and slay egg. Type of start. I love rushing but it's not fun when all eggs get broken in the first minute, resulting in 90% from the players to gear up for 30 minutes and shooting on everything that even tries to come close.

Reactions: ChasingRainbows
A

A pigeon

Disagreed. The only thing that needs fixing is the way to get into a persons base , we keep getting pinched off .

-1 this map is fine

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Loganblahtimes2

Novice Member
Feb 1, 2017
Limbo
Ok Rigel_The_Star, I'm not trying to be rude but that was funny.
With all you're saying your basically saying to make a whole new map, not fix it.
I'll share my opinion for the sake of more possible points:
-The mid bridges are too short, not too wide. Punch bow spammer's favorite map.
-IDK what but the egg placement just annoys me
-The diamond gen is hard to find for the first few times you play the map
Don't remove it but alter it a slight bit.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Ok Rigel_The_Star, I'm not trying to be rude but that was funny.
With all you're saying your basically saying to make a whole new map, not fix it.
I'll share my opinion for the sake of more possible points:
-The mid bridges are too short, not too wide. Punch bow spammer's favorite map.
-IDK what but the egg placement just annoys me
-The diamond gen is hard to find for the first few times you play the map
Don't remove it but alter it a slight bit.
Please do not necropost threads. Necroposting is replying to threads which the last reply was over two weeks ago, causing more recent threads to move down in the list and potentially getting lost.

- Locked.

Reactions: Ducky
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
Top Bottom