Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
✨️Hello CubeCrafters!✨

As you know - in case you did not - the 1.19 public test is out and a bunch of bugs are being reported. I thought now is a good time to bring this back and incase it gets fixed, if it will be, it will be done with the full release of the update. There were a couple of changes made in BlockWars (I still believe they are bugs til this day) that extremely made the game hard to enjoy.

WHEN DID IT BEGIN?

September 1st 2022, a forum post was made announcing Giga BlockWars 50v50 would be available to Bedrock Edition in the Beta Games lobby (check the thread here). They added that a few tweaks were made mentioning some of the changes that currently take place in-game. During this time, there was things called Focus Groups where they gathered a bunch of players who spent their time a lot on different gamemodes to help give ideas with what the players thought might be good for the gamemode. The players gave very good suggestions and I can say, some were implemented immediately in the gamemodes. Unfortunately, that came to an end after this was released.

WHAT CHANGES WERE MADE?

• The ability to join games in progress was added
• Experience and points gained from winning now vary based on time spent in the game
• You automatically get queued into a new game at the end of each game
• Added an AFK kick feature
• Added flag location indicators, visible across the map
• A bunch of powerups got removed

New changes:

• Flag will automatically get returned when dropped with timer
• Splitting up of parties (I believe this is a network issue)

WHAT COMES WITH THESE CHANGES

- The ability to join games in progress has made it difficult to queue games (especially with map select) because it increased the time it takes the game to get full. Because majority of players don't have BlockWars ranks, they get put into games in progress and this affected the queuing of games as it can take more than 5 mins for a game to start.

- Experience and points gained from winning now vary based on time spent: This change made it hard for the game to be enjoyable now that you only gain 30xp if you win a game under 3 mins instead of the usual 100xp. This sets players who enjoyed leveling up on cube back because BlockWars consists of games that you can play solo with how you can come up with different strategies from getting different players.

- You automatically get transferred into a new game at the end of each game: This was a thing you could enable before but now it makes people who have ranks, not use it for what it was bought for, because with this change, the ability to select a map while still in the game was removed.

- Flag with automatically get returned when dropped (with timer): This feature is bugged because even when the flag is dropped, it returns automatically. But the timer still counts down inside the flag area.

There are also some minor changes/bugs such as blocks not automatically being put in your inventory when you mine them and being unable to drop items before the wall drops.

I don't know much about Bridge but most of these affect it as well. As a BlockWars community, we would love if the changes that were made to be removed and bring back the old ones. Thank you :)

Also, if anyone has screenshots of the old how the old and new capture the flag changes, even Bridge, I would really appreciate if you posted them down this thread as im unable to get them right now (on holiday) :(

I tried to make this look like those cool, professional forum posts 😅 I didn't do a good job.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
A bug I noticed while playing giga block wars a while back is that fishing rods can be used to deal knock back to your teammates. However, I would expect the bug to be removed by now like it is in other game modes.

Reactions: JustNathie

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
A bug I noticed while playing giga block wars a while back is that fishing rods can be used to deal knock back to your teammates. However, I would expect the bug to be removed by now like it is in other game modes.
it was also in the seasonal map of capture the flag

_trigguxmonty

Jul 14, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
✨️Hello CubeCrafters!✨

As you know - in case you did not - the 1.19 public test is out and a bunch of bugs are being reported. I thought now is a good time to bring this back and incase it gets fixed, if it will be, it will be done with the full release of the update. There were a couple of changes made in BlockWars (I still believe they are bugs til this day) that extremely made the game hard to enjoy.

WHEN DID IT BEGIN?

September 1st 2022, a forum post was made announcing Giga BlockWars 50v50 would be available to Bedrock Edition in the Beta Games lobby (check the thread here). They added that a few tweaks were made mentioning some of the changes that currently take place in-game. During this time, there was things called Focus Groups where they gathered a bunch of players who spent their time a lot on different gamemodes to help give ideas with what the players thought might be good for the gamemode. The players gave very good suggestions and I can say, some were implemented immediately in the gamemodes. Unfortunately, that came to an end after this was released.

WHAT CHANGES WERE MADE?

• Experience and points gained from winning now vary based on time spent in the game

New changes:

WHAT COMES WITH THESE CHANGES

- The ability to join games in progress has made it difficult to queue games (especially with map select) because it increased the time it takes the game to get full. Because majority of players don't have BlockWars ranks, they get put into games in progress and this affected the queuing of games as it can take more than 5 mins for a game to start.

- Experience and points gained from winning now vary based on time spent: This change made it hard for the game to be enjoyable now that you only gain 30xp if you win a game under 3 mins instead of the usual 100xp. This sets players who enjoyed leveling up on cube back because BlockWars consists of games that you can play solo with how you can come up with different strategies from getting different players.

- You automatically get transferred into a new game at the end of each game: This was a thing you could enable before but now it makes people who have ranks, not use it for what it was bought for, because with this change, the ability to select a map while still in the game was removed.

- Flag with automatically get returned when dropped (with timer): This feature is bugged because even when the flag is dropped, it returns automatically. But the timer still counts down inside the flag area.

There are also some minor changes/bugs such as blocks not automatically being put in your inventory when you mine them and being unable to drop items before the wall drops.

I don't know much about Bridge but most of these affect it as well. As a BlockWars community, we would love if the changes that were made to be removed and bring back the old ones. Thank you :)

Also, if anyone has screenshots of the old how the old and new capture the flag changes, even Bridge, I would really appreciate if you posted them down this thread as im unable to get them right now (on holiday) :(

I tried to make this look like those cool, professional forum posts 😅 I didn't do a good job.
I agreed 👍👍

• Heart
Reactions: yorz and JustNathie

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
This is a very well-made suggestion! :)
I'll give my opinion on some of the points you mentioned. A lot of these changes were actually very positive, however here's what I think about some of the more controversial ones:

Queuing is an issue across the server, not just in Blockwars. However, from experience I would like to say that it appears more prominent in Blockwars than other gamemodes.

For exp, I agree that it should not really be based on time spent in a game. Instead, perhaps it could be focused on aspects such as kills / flags captured / pits. I'd lean more towards the second 2 as kills could theoretically encourage kill farming :c
I like the concept of factors other than whether a player's team wins or loses being included, however I personally feel like the time spent in the game was just the wrong factor to choose. Therefore this is something I don't feel like should be returned to how it was. (This change in the way exp is rewarded is something I'd love to see added to other gamemodes too!)

Joining games in progress is a rather common feature across different games. I think that there are some issues with it in this situation, but if these were to be resolved perhaps it could be an alright feature! ;)
Firstly, there is the issue of partied teams being split as they are forced to join a game where there is not always enough space on the same team. This is more a bug than a suggestion, so I'll skim over this.
Secondly, afaik joining games in progress means you do not gain any exp. If it were changed to reflect other factors, perhaps it would be fair to allow players to gain this exp even if they join a game in progress. It makes sense not to gain any for winning / losing as often times it is out of your control if you join late in a game, however individual acheivements (e.g. getting a kill or scoring a pit) should still be controllable to the extent it is fair to gain exp from them.

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
This is a very well-made suggestion! :)
I'll give my opinion on some of the points you mentioned. A lot of these changes were actually very positive, however here's what I think about some of the more controversial ones:

Queuing is an issue across the server, not just in Blockwars. However, from experience I would like to say that it appears more prominent in Blockwars than other gamemodes.

For exp, I agree that it should not really be based on time spent in a game. Instead, perhaps it could be focused on aspects such as kills / flags captured / pits. I'd lean more towards the second 2 as kills could theoretically encourage kill farming :c
I like the concept of factors other than whether a player's team wins or loses being included, however I personally feel like the time spent in the game was just the wrong factor to choose. Therefore this is something I don't feel like should be returned to how it was. (This change in the way exp is rewarded is something I'd love to see added to other gamemodes too!)

Joining games in progress is a rather common feature across different games. I think that there are some issues with it in this situation, but if these were to be resolved perhaps it could be an alright feature! ;)
Firstly, there is the issue of partied teams being split as they are forced to join a game where there is not always enough space on the same team. This is more a bug than a suggestion, so I'll skim over this.
Secondly, afaik joining games in progress means you do not gain any exp. If it were changed to reflect other factors, perhaps it would be fair to allow players to gain this exp even if they join a game in progress. It makes sense not to gain any for winning / losing as often times it is out of your control if you join late in a game, however individual acheivements (e.g. getting a kill or scoring a pit) should still be controllable to the extent it is fair to gain exp from them.
thank you so much for this Mel <3
I would like to say something about what you said in some of the things you mentioned.

the queuing can be longer than usual but I can assure you that in BlockWars, it lasts way more than just a few mins. It's unfortunate that I did this thread without some clips of what I'm actually talking about. The way it works on BlockWars is, it can even go longer than 10 minutes. But of course, no player would sit for that long waiting for a game to fill up.

I just think it's a bit unfair that this new exp system was implemented in BlockWars with the intention to stop speedrunning the game because lately I've been seeing a lot of eggwars speedruns that are less than a minute and the players still get given full exp.

yes, it's common to games that this feature was initially made for. Like FFA and Parkour. They said this was to make up for the players that leave the game ( don't quote me on this ) but this happens in other gamemodes too. If it was to be added in gamemodes such as Eggwars Teams of 4 or Eggwars Mega, this would kill the gamemodes (just like it did to BlockWars). How is happens is, when you join a game in progress, they made it so you don't gain exp until you play at least 3 mins of it. But CTF and Bridge are not long games and sometimes you get spawned in at a disadvantage and there is nothing you can you do. Prolonging the game so you get 3 mins game played is also against the rules and this encourages players to do so :)

Yes, the changes were positive (according to their data) only because a large player base of each gamemodes have no ranks. The players don't have a choice to select maps and if they keep queuing a game in progress everytime, they don't have a choice than to stay.

Sorryyyy I couldn't properly put this together, I have no electricity at the moment and my phone is very low 😅

jocky jazz

Novice Member
Feb 14, 2021
Yeah, I mean beta games with lots of bugs are usually placed in the beta games category. Hence I suggest, bring back old blockwars ctf in the blockwars category, and move the current blockwars ctf itself into the beta games category... if possible. 😊

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
the queuing can be longer than usual but I can assure you that in BlockWars, it lasts way more than just a few mins. It's unfortunate that I did this thread without some clips of what I'm actually talking about. The way it works on BlockWars is, it can even go longer than 10 minutes. But of course, no player would sit for that long waiting for a game to fill up.
Yes, I think I've had this happen before so I know what you are talking about, dw haha. There definitely is some sort of issue currently with BlockWars queuing, however I just feel like the feature of joining games in progress shouldn't be grouped with this. Even if it did cause it, imo the better path would be to fix this by balancing how queuing works better, perhaps to prioritise filling new games rather than those in progress (I'm sure this is a lot more complicated than I'm making it out to be 😅), rather than remove being able to join games which are in progress entirely.

I just think it's a bit unfair that this new exp system was implemented in BlockWars with the intention to stop speedrunning the game because lately I've been seeing a lot of eggwars speedruns that are less than a minute and the players still get given full exp.

yes, it's common to games that this feature was initially made for. Like FFA and Parkour. They said this was to make up for the players that leave the game ( don't quote me on this ) but this happens in other gamemodes too. If it was to be added in gamemodes such as Eggwars Teams of 4 or Eggwars Mega, this would kill the gamemodes (just like it did to BlockWars). How is happens is, when you join a game in progress, they made it so you don't gain exp until you play at least 3 mins of it. But CTF and Bridge are not long games and sometimes you get spawned in at a disadvantage and there is nothing you can you do. Prolonging the game so you get 3 mins game played is also against the rules and this encourages players to do so :)
I completely agree that it is odd to have this exp system featured in BlockWars, but not other gamemodes. It would be great if there was more consistency in exp across the gamemodes, as it is not ideal to have some games where it is much easier to level up than others.
I play more for fun, so am personally not too bothered by how easy it is to level up, but still 100% understand how gaining less exp by playing a favourite gamemode could be discouraging as it is unfair :c

In regards to the 3 minute thing, I imagine most players wouldn't know this exact figure (I didn't haha!) so I doubt players stalling games is too much of an issue (although I do agree this is not something we should encourage..).

WHAT CHANGES WERE MADE?

New changes:

Finallyyy, when I said positive I more meant that of the additions you mentioned (above) some of them were good :) Sorry - I possibly wasn't very clear there. For example, the 'AFK kick feature' or the 'flag location indicator' or flags automatically returning when dropped after some time.

• Heart

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
Yes, I think I've had this happen before so I know what you are talking about, dw haha. There definitely is some sort of issue currently with BlockWars queuing, however I just feel like the feature of joining games in progress shouldn't be grouped with this. Even if it did cause it, imo the better path would be to fix this by balancing how queuing works better, perhaps to prioritise filling new games rather than those in progress (I'm sure this is a lot more complicated than I'm making it out to be 😅), rather than remove being able to join games which are in progress entirely.
of course!! I would love that, instead of joining games in progress, rather it prioritize filling up games. I love this 😍
Finallyyy, when I said positive I more meant that of the additions you mentioned (above) some of them were good :) Sorry - I possibly wasn't very clear there. For example, the 'AFK kick feature' or the 'flag location indicator' or flags automatically returning when dropped after some time
you should've seen when the game was being migrated to a new game framework, the bugs were so funny and stressful at the same time 😅 regen was very slow haha, you could play the entire game on 3 hearts. It wasn't good for the stats lovers.

Please, you need to teach me how to do forum posts. I have so many suggestions that I want to perfectly do like all these professionals :)

Edit: I just now figured out how to reply to specific sections of posts. omgggg

• Love
  • Heart
Reactions: Hoshi and caraMel

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
Oo, yeah. Always gonna be some bugs ig, but I'm glad some of the new features worked out pretty well in general.

Oh, you should ask @Hoshi instead haha! She is much more pro than me :D

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Bit off-topic, but I’d genuinely be happy to give advice on how to formulate forum posts and make them look attractive. Feel free to message me through forum PMs or through Discord. You can add me there: hoshitastic :)

• Heart
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom