Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
It has become quite clear that every single update without fail Cubecraft Devs have made for the game have contained at least 1 significant bug.
The community is seeing just how often these bugs go unnoticed. We are certain that Devs do not test their updates properly at all.

Let me give you examples of alot fo times Devs have made huge mistakes in their updates.

1. CTF you could mine the spawn area of the map (How this was not tested I don't know)
2. When adding IGT you missed out eggwars teams of 4 and messed up the timings for lucky islands teams of 4
3. When introducing OP mode to the game buying a full set of diamond armour cost 40 gold
4. Even this new cosmetic update, the XP bar doesn't work properly and resets its progress at random intervals
5. The CTF/Line dash update is where cubecraft broke the party system having people be on the other team despite being in your party (And is still not fixed after a year)
6. Block breaking glitch where blocks when broken will reappear again when mined (THIS IS NOT BASED ON PING PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO BELOW TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN)
7. Map selection does not work when switching games (hasn't been fixed as of yesterday).

Every single update has at least 1 major bug, these are just the few off the top of my head but there are far more in every gamemode.

MY IDEA
We need playtesters, either Cubecraft staff themselves or a specific new team specifically for testing updates, there are plenty of people who would love to do so. The community is very aware that Devs do not or minimally test their updates and it shows with the amount of bugs found in the game.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
We have playtesters, it's just a difficult job. There will always be small bugs in launch day, be patient.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
yeah i get that devs have lives and that stuff but (for example) if you have an IGT to solos duos, how come you cant add one for squads after more than a YEAR. instead of fixing the block breaking glitch they add a new egg break sound which at first i thought something was wrong with my pc

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Unfortunately bugs are just a part of software. Even Microsoft and Apple, who rigorously test their stuff for months before releasing it, still release with bugs.
With respect, you're probably not taking into account just how complex the codebase behind these games actually is, and with complexity certain scenarios just can't be accounted and tested for.

I can guarantee you we test these updates so, so much. It's a critical part of the process.
We test each minor change we make, as we make them, and then give the games and updates several days of playthroughs to work out any bugs on the grander scales. Most bugs are caught by having a handful of playtesters play the games several times, however there are some which just can't be tested for when the player count is over 1000.

I'll always be honest, and I'll provide a hypothetical scenario where bugs can sometimes slip through;
Let's say a dev's been making vast changes to a game, rewriting a large section of the game's code to be more efficient, faster, be able to easily be changed for future updates. This is then tested over a day with the testing team, a good 20 -30 bugs are found.
Next day the dev goes through each bug, fixing them. They then do another day of testing and find the bugfixes haven't quite solved all the problems, and maybe 10 new bugs are found.
Again, they're fixed and tested. However, because they're so complex, they can sometimes break unrelated things that were previously working.

No software developer is infallible, we're all human, and we sometimes make mistakes in our work. I apologise for that, on behalf of myself and the rest of the CubeCraft team. I know each of us feels like we've let players down when an update we've made has bugs in it.
We work to get those bugs resolved quickly, however we might not apply each bug fix as they're made, we might try to apply them in one big fix, because that means we can test the system as a whole to see if it's working as intended, instead of testing each individual one, and having the potential for them to have issues when put together.

The fastest way we know about bugs which slip through our tests is if they're reported on the bugs forum, explained here:

Cursedpug89

Sep 6, 2019
Unfortunately bugs are just a part of software. Even Microsoft and Apple, who rigorously test their stuff for months before releasing it, still release with bugs.
With respect, you're probably not taking into account just how complex the codebase behind these games actually is, and with complexity certain scenarios just can't be accounted and tested for.

I can guarantee you we test these updates so, so much. It's a critical part of the process.
We test each minor change we make, as we make them, and then give the games and updates several days of playthroughs to work out any bugs on the grander scales. Most bugs are caught by having a handful of playtesters play the games several times, however there are some which just can't be tested for when the player count is over 1000.

I'll always be honest, and I'll provide a hypothetical scenario where bugs can sometimes slip through;
Let's say a dev's been making vast changes to a game, rewriting a large section of the game's code to be more efficient, faster, be able to easily be changed for future updates. This is then tested over a day with the testing team, a good 20 -30 bugs are found.
Next day the dev goes through each bug, fixing them. They then do another day of testing and find the bugfixes haven't quite solved all the problems, and maybe 10 new bugs are found.
Again, they're fixed and tested. However, because they're so complex, they can sometimes break unrelated things that were previously working.

No software developer is infallible, we're all human, and we sometimes make mistakes in our work. I apologise for that, on behalf of myself and the rest of the CubeCraft team. I know each of us feels like we've let players down when an update we've made has bugs in it.
We work to get those bugs resolved quickly, however we might not apply each bug fix as they're made, we might try to apply them in one big fix, because that means we can test the system as a whole to see if it's working as intended, instead of testing each individual one, and having the potential for them to have issues when put together.

The fastest way we know about bugs which slip through our tests is if they're reported on the bugs forum, explained here:
May I on the behalf of the cubecraft Player base thank you for taking your time out of your probably busy day to reply to this thread and give us some in sight. Most players will understand nothing can never be a hundred percent perfect something we as humans make is bound to have something bug or break at some point.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England

Really appreciate the reply, but the problem with some bugs is that they just don't get fixed, I have been reporting that there is an no ingame timer for Eggwars teams of 4 for the last few months, it is a fairly easy fix and rather than being a bug is just an oversight from you guys and...still not fixed.

Palombo claimed today that he had fixed map selection when playing again but when testing today it hasn't been fixed.

Many bugs go ignored for a long time without being addressed. Quite important ones at that and it seems the priorities aren't very well sorted.

Even with the newest update with the icons you have managed to break the XP bar...as in it progress you have to each level just disappears at will, which to me is quite an obvious bug.

You cannot blame bedrock for every bug, especially with bugs that were fixed and then have now come back again.

I overall feel that you guys do not play test your updates anywhere near as much as you should. Hence I am only asking for play testers.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dualninja

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Yes, we are human, but at least I can learn to change myself and help change who my friends are and who they are

But we are human, we can take months to change or days or week.

But a game bug is a game bug, please just spend a few weeks or hours working on these game breaking bugs like the KB or the Blocks or whatever it may be. I reported ghost block sin August of last year it's damn well June right now,

THAT is 10months of a game breaking bug that ruins gameplay for EVERY player regardless of input or device.

The KB has been bugged for over 3years and AFFECTS every player regardless or not if they see it

THESE BUGS are not ping related and I am tired of that excuse from other players. Just because it's Unintentionally intentional DOES NOT mean the players should ask for a fix. If it's not working correctly it's not working correctly and ruins gameplay for everyone

NA servers never fixed any bugs, take that from a player who usually plays on 100+ ping to any game they play. I say very minor changes that only affected projectiles and menu opening.

These bugs, bugged in code or bugged in software or whatever SHOULD BE FIXED, and I am tired of seeing one of my favorite gamemodes get ruined because I CAN NOT Place blocks, Break blocks, deal correct KB or get sucked into the void

These bugs I see in literally every game and I can send you a video from the last 30 days off all the bugs in some of the worst forms I have seen in that time if you would like to see it

ALL I ASK Is to show effort in fixing these bugs, it feels like you work on them until it's "Better" and not Fixed, proof of that is KB an literally every other reoccuring bug

I don't feel like the players experience is being factored in but just a "If I can play for 15minutes I can play for 15minutes"

• Disagree

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I hate if I sound rude in that but these bugs are so annoying and ruin gameplay and actually make me want to throw my mouse across the room. Only in cubecraft I get that pissed off in the game

I COULD CARELESS ABOUT LOSING but the fact I can't play the game I am trying to play because of these bugs pisses me off the most.

I want to go back to cubecraft in Early 2020, with the Eggwars rank and only blocks that took half a second to place because of your ping, and the eating bug. It was so much more playable back then

• Disagree
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom