Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Agree

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 352903

Hi,
A while ago I suggested to remove the party chat filter. Many people agreed with the suggestion, but the staff team didn't.
Anyways now I'm not talking about swearing in parties, but about other things:

Spamming
The "Please slow down" message is really annoying while being in party
Suggestion: remove the spamfilter from party chat.
"But you don't need to spam messages". Yes, I do need to spam. Examples:
- Needed spam. For example: when you're trapping with friends and have to say "Now" so your friend will activate the trap, sometimes you posted 2 messages before and can't say it. RIP trap.
- Not needed but needed(?) spam. For example: when you want to say "3, 2, 1, go" before fighting, you're not able to do it because the spamfilter doesn't allow you to. Yes, it's not needed, but hey, I also don't need to type "pineapple", why don't you block it too?

Unblock some words
I get you're not going to allow us to swear, but saying things like 't' is not swearing.
Suggestion: unblock not-swearing words from the party chat filter (if possible)
"But you don't need to say 't'"
Again, the pineapple example. I don't need to say 'pineapple', why don't you block it too? :l

Note: sometimes I type someone's IGN and it's blocked (happened to me yesterday: I wanted to type my teammate's name but I couldn't). This is very annoying. All names should be unblocked if possible, ty

And another thing not related to filters: /pc color
Suggested many times, too. Yellow looks horrible. In FFA, it's hard to read your friends / party messages, it's so confusing, everything's yellow.
Suggestion: add a /partychat color command.
Note: last time I suggested it, some people thought it'd be very confusing because everyone would have a different color and chat would look messy. No: if you type /pc color 4, YOU will be the only one seeing all messages in red.

ty for reading

Last edited by a moderator:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
They should honestly just allowed swearing in party chat and /fmsg
In most of the cases you're just with friends and so I think swearing should be allowed if with friends

We all know the minor staff members also have a normal life - and so you're not going to tell me they have never said any swear words which would be bannable if they were said on Cubecraft

About the actual suggestion though, I fully agree with the /pc color command, though it should be implemented in a different way: upon typing "/pc color" you should get the same GUI menu like when typing "/color"

I don't really mind about the t-thing to be honest, players type it if they think they're lagging, but eventually if their connection gets good again, all the t's they've executed get in chat at the same time, so I see this more like a protection :D

Spamming should be allowed in party chat no matter what - you have no idea how happy I felt when I could spam in the Hypixel party chat

D

Deleted member 352903

In most of the cases you're just with friends and so I think swearing should be allowed if with friends

We all know the minor staff members also have a normal life - and so you're not going to tell me they have never said any swear words which would be bannable if they were said on Cubecraft
Yeah I said this multiple times, but the staff team didn't agree so I gave up :D
I don't really mind about the t-thing to be honest, players type it if they think they're lagging, but eventually if their connection gets good again, all the t's they've executed get in chat at the same time, so I see this more like a protection :D
't' is just an example

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Honestly, I'm a very fast typer. Being a fast typer makes me type 5-7 sentences within a few seconds, depending how large they are. I'm not usually that talkative, but when I'm discussing an open ended topic, I seem to get this message A LOT. At least remove it in party chat and /fmsg...

I get you're not going to allow us to swear, but saying things like 't' is not swearing.
Again, the pineapple example. I don't need to say 'pineapple', why don't you block it too? :l

Note: sometimes I type someone's IGN and it's blocked (happened to me yesterday: I wanted to type my teammate's name but I couldn't). This is very annoying. All names should be unblocked if possible, ty
Can confirm, I couldn't type my friend's IGN either, "UncleSpect_CT"; it was hard to communicate, considering I type the first 2 letters of anyone's name, and click Tab, to communicate with someone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 150344

Hi,
A while ago I suggested to remove the party chat filter. Many people agreed with the suggestion, but the staff team didn't.

Spamming
- Needed spam. For example: when you're trapping with friends and have to say "Now" so your friend will activate the trap, sometimes you posted 2 messages before and can't say it. RIP trap.
- Not needed but needed(?) spam. For example: when you want to say "3, 2, 1, go" before fighting, you're not able to do it because the spamfilter doesn't allow you to. Yes, it's not needed, but hey, I also don't need to type "pineapple", why don't you block it too?

Unblock some words

Suggested many times, too. Yellow looks horrible. In FFA, it's hard to read your friends / party messages, it's so confusing, everything's yellow.
Note: last time I suggested it, some people thought it'd be very confusing because everyone would have a different color and chat would look messy. No: if you type /pc color 4, YOU will be the only one seeing all messages in red.

ty for reading
Agree 100%

Alpalish

Aug 8, 2018
Hi,

Spamming

Unblock some words

ty for reading
Good idea bro

Reactions: _Sadlyyy

Alissa Smith

Sep 8, 2018
they cant add this, i heard its in their contract with Minecraft that they signed when they partnered with them
no swearing or spamming at all i think (including in party chat or /msg, /fmsg etc)

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I don't know if this has been said bit what about an option to just allow all swearing??
It's much better imo.

But I agree with everything.

I didn't make a screenshot but I also remember yesterday when we were in a party I couldn't say something along the lines like "Yeah or 2 tryharders one of them a lagger vs me pretty bad at Pvp and a random guy" (In that No Void Eggwars game when you said "You can look at it Like it's a 2 v 2" ;p)

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Hi,

Spamming

Unblock some words

ty for reading
I don't understand why there needs to even be a party chat restriction. If somebody's saying things you don't like, you could easily just ask them to stop.
Or you could leave, OR you could just report it. And don't talk about how "we don't want the kiddos to learn swearing from an MC server."
Let's get real, you haven't taken care of the toxidity on this server, what's the difference with something like swearing, not even on global chat, but in a private
chat with you and your friends. I'm okay with chat restrictions in global chat, and tbh, I would like there to be more for global chat. Party chat is a different realm,
and should be restriction-free.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains

About the actual suggestion though, I fully agree with the /pc color command, though it should be implemented in a different way: upon typing "/pc color" you should get the same GUI menu like when typing "/color"

Spamming should be allowed in party chat no matter what - you have no idea how happy I felt when I could spam in the Hypixel party chat

Just get rid of the entire filter. I get they dont want people to swear, but lets face it: a filter isn't gonna stop it. It does more harm then good. It's annoying, you cant even tag every name and often you can't say a sentence for no apparent reason.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Just get rid of the entire filter. I get they dont want people to swear, but lets face it: a filter isn't gonna stop it. It does more harm then good. It's annoying, you cant even tag every name and often you can't say a sentence for no apparent reason.
Removing the chat filter entirely just because you cannot mention some names or because it isn't 100% is just an idiotic solution to the whole problem

Alissa Smith

Sep 8, 2018
Removing the chat filter entirely just because you cannot mention some names or because it isn't 100% is just an idiotic solution to the whole problem
He's asking just to remove the chat filter in PARTY CHAT I'm pretty sure.
IMO this is not "an idiotic solution" I think it is a good solution because you can control party chat (so no filter needed) but you can't control public chat (so filter is somewhat needed)

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains

Well, thanks for offering another alternative. Calling opinions you disagree with idiotic without adding anything to the conversation is one way to show you should just have kept quiet. But anyway:

Just one quick Google search showed me an almost 2 year old thread. A 2 year old thread with people who did not like the current chat filter and offered their own ideas.

Instead of saying "You are not allowed to say this!", say "You are not allowed to say x because y!".

I don't know about you, but this is something that I must have seen a 100 times being suggested on the forums.

In another thread from about a year ago, people say that there simply are too many words blocked. Making it hard to have a conversation sometimes. Suggesting the filter will get trimmed down and only contain words like "ez", "noob", and some worse that I will not mention.

Besides, this thread is about the party chat. Everyone is free to join each others parties. And the things you say in the party are not harmful to anyone, besides the people who freely joined and can freely leave at any time. So party chat should have no filter. Public chat can have a filter, but the way it currently works is much more annoying then helpful.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Yes, with the already toxic server, this will be a great idea. While annoying, a bad filter is better than no filter. But I don't think they should exist in party chat, reason being, you're mostly with your friends that either don't care or swear with you.

Reactions: LeCastel

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
He's asking just to remove the chat filter in PARTY CHAT I'm pretty sure.
IMO this is not "an idiotic solution" I think it is a good solution because you can control party chat (so no filter needed) but you can't control public chat (so filter is somewhat needed)
Read the bold part below, thank you

Well, thanks for offering another alternative. Calling opinions you disagree with idiotic without adding anything to the conversation is one way to show you should just have kept quiet. But anyway:

Just one quick Google search showed me an almost 2 year old thread. A 2 year old thread with people who did not like the current chat filter and offered their own ideas.

Instead of saying "You are not allowed to say this!", say "You are not allowed to say x because y!".

I don't know about you, but this is something that I must have seen a 100 times being suggested on the forums.

In another thread from about a year ago, people say that there simply are too many words blocked. Making it hard to have a conversation sometimes. Suggesting the filter will get trimmed down and only contain words like "ez", "noob", and some worse that I will not mention.

Besides, this thread is about the party chat. Everyone is free to join each others parties. And the things you say in the party are not harmful to anyone, besides the people who freely joined and can freely leave at any time. So party chat should have no filter. Public chat can have a filter, but the way it currently works is much more annoying then helpful.
I never said I disagree with the idea of "You are not allowed to say x because y", neither did I say I disagree with unblocking some words, though removing the entire filter - like you suggested - is just an idiotic solution

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Spamming
Spam filter can be a little annoying. I'd be ok with removing/reducing it from party chat.

Unblock some words
Again, ok with this as long as swearing's still blocked.

Neat.

Escalated.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Easing back on the chat filter is something that I've had on my radar for a while, I've been waiting for some internal tooling to be put in place to ease the pain of figuring out where changes need to be made before asking for suggestions on which words you think should be removed from the filter. I'll more than likely do this in its own thread though so please don't start suggesting words here.

In general though, no we will not 'allow' swearing on any part of the network, party chat included, I may look into allowing some of the other language that we otherwise disallow though, I'm sure this list will be quite small though. A large numbers of the words will I'm sure be 'false positives' some of the filters in place I'm sure are a little too broad and flag some words that shouldn't be flagged and identifying these words is where I'm going to need player feedback.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
Not one to normally complain about this type of stuff here but the amount of people using auto-clickers on the new bedwars game is vile. Even a few on the leaderboards which is just something else.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom