Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Edit/remove the party chat filter

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 352903

-It's completely useless, people will always find ways and new words to bypass it. Ez -> eez, fuck -> fhack, etc
-You're supposed to join parties with friends. If you don't like toxicity (btw I don't think saying "idiot" is toxicity), you can make it toggleable
-There's a great site to report people if they're swearing
-There's /party kick

So yeah, remove it

And
if you're still not going to remove the party chat filter:
-Change swear words to "****"
or
-Change "You're not allowed to say this'" to "You're not allowed to say <insert toxicity here>"
or
-Change "noob" to "You're pro pls screen", etc

D

Deleted member 352903

Oops can someone move this thread to suggestions subforum

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
Don't point that to me
010.jpg

D

Deleted member 352903

That's why it makes no sense to remove it.
Saying things like "shit i died" is (shouldn't*) be mutable. No-one gets offended by that. And

Also, chat filter sometimes just blocks random words. During 6 months, "espera" ("wait" in spanish) was blocked and in team sw games i had to change letters, which was very annoying
That's another reason, party chat filter is just annoying

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Saying things like "shit i died" is (shouldn't*) be mutable. No-one gets offended by that. And
'Shit' is blocked because it can be offensive in some situations.
Same with global chat and personal messages, that is not an argument. Following that logic, they need to remove the chat filter not only in party chats.
Also, chat filter sometimes just blocks random words. During 6 months, "espera" ("wait" in spanish) was blocked and in team sw games i had to change letters, which was very annoying
I believe we can live through it, it is not such a big problem. Almost never happens to me.
That's another reason, party chat filter is just annoying
The party chat filter is there because as I said:
Server chat rules apply to ALL server chat, including party chat and private messages.
Blocked words are there to warn other players that they are not allowed. And if the server chat rules apply to all server chats, it makes no sense to remove the party chat filter.
Accept it, I don't think it will get removed.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
'Shit' is blocked because it can be offensive in some situations.

Same with global chat and personal messages, that is not an argument. Following that logic, they need to remove the chat filter not only in party chats.

I believe we can live through it, it is not such a big problem. Almost never happens to me.

The party chat filter is there because as I said:

Blocked words are there to warn other players that they are not allowed. And if the server chat rules apply to all server chats, it makes no sense to remove the party chat filter.
If it offends you, leave the party.
^ The only answer you really need, no idea why I'm going to start a paragraph on why you're wrong.

If you're really gonna be offended by someone saying "shit", then the internet is probably not the best place for you to be in.

Party chat filter sucks. Before, I couldn't even say "...(insert word here)", and I can't even use my favorite emoji ">.>" that I just really like to use in almost every situation. I really just use <.< but that's ugly.

Thing is, the whole point of a party is playing with friends: come on, everyone swears. They ARE going to bypass it. My friend always bypasses "d***" to "dik", "fuck" to "fek" or something, and "shit" to "shiet". They're still reportable. But guess what? No one from both ends care, unless they're just ultimate staff wannabes, going so low to the point that they'd report their own friends for a rank. That's completely pathetic. If you'd look into my DMs, you just can't not see a swear every 5 minutes. It's just that friends always swear with each others. It's just really annoying to have to make your way around the chat filter, just to talk to your friends in the way you want to. If you're THAT offended because you saw a swear word, you can either kick, or leave the party. It's not a big deal between friends. And it's hilarious seeing someone actually defending the party chat filter.

You're missing common sense. Global chat in a game, means talking to probably strangers and people you've never met or talked to. Party chat is, supposedly, meant for friends to play with each others and chat. The day they announced party chat, way too many people quit the server.

CAN I USE MY >.> EMOJI NOW?! THANK YOU.
party chat filter is there because as I said:

It does. It's called friends want to talk, thanks. They will talk with the language they want, no matter what you add into the stupid chat filter. It's just annoying.
Why so negative? We're here trying to solve something by asking for it. What's the point of trying if all you'll think of is "Accept it, they won't add it."

I just want to know why are you against this suggestion so much, unless you're a sensitive little child who would report the slightest swear, even if said by your closest friend... Then sure. Go ahead.

My part of the suggestion is:

1. Make it toggle-able, as a party owner: If you're planning to play with friends, toggle the chat filter off.
  2. Toggle it on if you're partying with random people, or you're just a sensitive person who would get offended from the slightest swear word.
  3. If you're offended by someone, /p leave.
  4. You can always still report.
Edit: To be honest, just deal with it. Someone swore, boohoo.

D

Deleted member 169486

Well, if it doesn't offend you, I doubt staff members care, so I am 100% sure that it is not getting unblocked.
But they have to mute everyone that says it.

In a party, you're normally with people you're closer with and get along. If someone swears, and you don't like it, you have the power to leave. We should be able to say what we want because people have that power. Or at the very least have party owners able to turn it on/off.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
If you're really gonna be offended by someone saying "shit", then the internet is probably not the best place for you to be in.
I personally do not get offended by absolutely anything in the CC chat, but that does not matter at all. You know that there are many little kids in CubeCraft who may really get offended by every single of the blocked words. CubeCraft should think about them - one of the reasons I think it should not get removed. Little kids or not, I am not a fan of inappropriate words because they make the chat look... just... disgusting.
Thing is, the whole point of a party is playing with friends: come on, everyone swears. They ARE going to bypass it. My friend always bypasses "d***" to "dik", "fuck" to "fek" or something, and "shit" to "shiet". They're still reportable. But guess what? No one from both ends care, unless they're just ultimate staff wannabes, going so low to the point that they'd report their own friends for a rank.
Firstly, that's not a reason to remove the party chat filter. Like legit, your only ''good'' reason for removing it is ''It is annoying! I can't swear with my friends!''
Secondly, you are wrong that 'wannabes' are the only people who report their friends. There are friends who take screenshots of the inappropriate language and use it later against their friends (if they get into a fight, or another reason).
You're missing common sense. Global chat in a game, means talking to probably strangers and people you've never met or talked to. Party chat is, supposedly, meant for friends to play with each others and chat. The day they announced party chat, way too many people quit the server.
There are rules for a reason. If the rules say that chat rules apply for ALL server chats, then it will not get removed, it is obvious. Hardly disagree that players quit the server because of the party chat filter, that's ridiculous.
Why so negative? We're here trying to solve something by asking for it. What's the point of trying if all you'll think of is "Accept it, they won't add it."
Negative? How come? I am saying personal opinion. Like all members of the forums, I have the right to agree and disagree with suggestions.
I just want to know why are you against this suggestion so much, unless you're a sensitive little child who would report the slightest swear, even if said by your closest friend... Then sure. Go ahead.
I stated all the reasons I disagree. If you saw that one of them is ''I want to report my friends'', then please quote it.
But they have to mute everyone that says it.
''Shit'' is not mutable.
We should be able to say what we want because people have that power. Or at the very least have party owners able to turn it on/off.
I am doing the same. Plus, I hardly disagree that party owners should have the opportunity to turn them off or on. Rules apply for everyone and they are not chosen by the members, but by the staff team, so it makes no sense to have that opportunity.

D

Deleted member 169486

''Shit'' is not mutable.
Swearing
Swearing is defined as the use of offensive language such as profanities, expletives, hate speech, or other language intended to belittle, offend, or upset other users. Swearing is strictly prohibited. Hate speech of any kind does not require a warning.

Punishment track: Warning → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Swearing
Swearing is defined as the use of offensive language such as profanities, expletives, hate speech, or other language intended to belittle, offend, or upset other users. Swearing is strictly prohibited. Hate speech of any kind does not require a warning.

Punishment track: Warning → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute
What you just quoted doesn't prove that ''shit'' is mutable... Maybe because it is not.
Edit: My bad, it actually is. I have one closed report due to insufficient evidence. The reported player said ''shit''. That's why I thought it is not.

Last edited:

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I personally do not get offended by absolutely anything in the CC chat, but that does not matter at all. You know that there are many little kids in CubeCraft who may really get offended by every single of the blocked words. CubeCraft should think about them - one of the reasons I think it should not get removed. Little kids or not, I am not a fan of inappropriate words because they make the chat look... just... disgusting.

Firstly, that's not a reason to remove the party chat filter. Like legit, your only ''good'' reason for removing it is ''It is annoying! I can't swear with my friends!''
Secondly, you are wrong that 'wannabes' are the only people who report their friends. There are friends who take screenshots of the inappropriate language and use it later against their friends (if they get into a fight, or another reason).

There are rules for a reason. If the rules say that chat rules apply for ALL server chats, then it will not get removed, it is obvious. Hardly disagree that players quit the server because of the party chat filter, that's ridiculous.

Negative? How come? I am saying personal opinion. Like all members of the forums, I have the right to agree and disagree with suggestions.

I stated all the reasons I disagree. If you saw that one of them is ''I want to report my friends'', then please quote it.

''Shit'' is not mutable.

I am doing the same. Plus, I hardly disagree that party owners should have the opportunity to turn them off or on. Rules apply for everyone and they are not chosen by the members, but by the staff team, so it makes no sense to have that opportunity.
So in short, childish kids are the one who report their friends. Whoever cares about profanity so much should just not be on the internet.

You do realize they can bypass the filter and those people can still get offended and report it? Lol you're a cute one.

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
You know that there are many little kids in CubeCraft who may really get offended by every single of the blocked words. CubeCraft should think about them - one of the reasons I think it should not get removed.
You'd be surprised by the amount of ''little kids'' that swear themselves

. Little kids or not, I am not a fan of inappropriate words because they make the chat look... just... disgusting.
Please get off the internet.

Newsflash! it IS a good reasoning! People who actually care about watching their profanity in a Party chat with friends should just leave the party because guess what! No one cares

These so-called ''friends'' who actually do that aren't friends at all

There are rules for a reason. If the rules say that chat rules apply for ALL server chats, then it will not get removed, it is obvious.
THATS WRONG.png

The togglesprint mod used to be against the rules as well but guess what! It's allowed now! What makes you think this rule won't get changed? What's so special about it?

Seriously though, what the actual crap is wrong with changing swear words into asterisks? Like are you that much of a butthurt crybaby even a few asterisks offend you? Honestly if you really think thats bad, what makes the current filter better? I mean, like spuuuni said earlier, people are finding more and more ways to bypass it as of now...

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
So in short, childish kids are the one who report their friends.
Actually it is the opposite. Childish kids are more loyal friends.
Edit:
I am saying this from personal experience and personal opinion. Older friends are more capable of manipulating friends from the internet using screenshots like this. 16-18 years old or 15. I think that is not a childish age.
You'd be surprised by the amount of ''little kids'' that swear themselves

Please get off the internet.

Newsflash! it IS a good reasoning! People who actually care about watching their profanity in a Party chat with friends should just leave the party because guess what! No one cares

These so-called ''friends'' who actually do that aren't friends at all

View attachment 147208
The togglesprint mod used to be against the rules as well but guess what! It's allowed now! What makes you think this rule won't get changed? What's so special about it?

Seriously though, what the actual crap is wrong with changing swear words into asterisks? Like are you that much of a butthurt crybaby even a few asterisks offend you? Honestly if you really think thats bad, what makes the current filter better? I mean, like spuuuni said earlier, people are finding more and more ways to bypass it as of now...
Sorry, but I am done with repeating the same things over and over again. Good luck with implementing this thread and I wish you to have a great day or night.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom