Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
Hello, I have another idea for Parkour, in this case, being the modifier "Blindness" and its alternative, "Blindness&JumpBoost", I think that they are good modifiers, but, when it comes to jumps that are too far away (for example when you have to jump down one pilar of blocks to another 6 blocks lower) it's dependant on either luck or the fact that you know the map of memory because you just throw yourself at the general position of the block, hoping to land on it safely, most of the times this doesn't happen.

1624065480960.png

Without blindness.

1624065594283.png

With blindness.

Also, it will evade giving speed that you aren't told is there, to make jumps possible because blindness doesn't allow you to sprint, which makes moving kind of wack.

I suggest changing this to either nausea or the effects from /camerashake command, to make it easier to progress in levels.

React with Agree, Disagree, or Unsure depending on how you feel about the suggestion.
(If disagree or unsure I'd thank you to explain why)

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
I think it is simply a challenge, if you have to know the map completely by memory in order to pass the level then so be it. I wouldn't be a fan of a nausea modifier because it can be quite disorientating.

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
I think it is simply a challenge, if you have to know the map completely by memory in order to pass the level then so be it. I wouldn't be a fan of a nausea modifier because it can be quite disorientating.
Agreed, but in jumps where you cannot see where you gonna land, it's dependant, as typed, on luck or knowing the map from memory.

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Nausea and camera shaking would not be a good idea for two reasons:

- Nausea/Camera shaking can be extremely disorientating for many, with potential motion sickness.

- Nausea/Camera shaking can be disabled entirely in Minecraft settings, allowing you to complete the level as if the modifier was never enabled. (They added these settings for the reason above)

Reactions: UBRE

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
Nausea and camera shaking would not be a good idea for two reasons:

- Nausea/Camera shaking can be extremely disorientating for many, with potential motion sickness.

- Nausea/Camera shaking can be disabled entirely in Minecraft settings, allowing you to complete the level as if the modifier was never enabled. (They added these settings for the reason above)
Still, Blindness makes some levels near to impossible.

What could you suggest?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom