• No (Change my mind)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
Hi there

Today I was speedrunning parkour and trying to beat my own time and from those who took them from me, and I looked at the records of all the parkour difficulties. Some parkour records are so fast that gold is even the same as bronze. I don't talk about my own records but also about Medium and Hard are pretty fast too.

So I was thinking to add Platinum medals into Parkour. Ofcourse this idea has pros and cons.

Pros
  • More achievements to hunt for
  • The leaderboard will be different than 2 full pages of people with 109 Gold medals
  • More players will try to obtain Platinum

Cons
  • More raging than ever because you are 00:001 seconds slower than Platinum
  • Players who have a hard time to get gold medals will be frustrated there's a better medal than Gold
  • The leaderboard will be filled with the same amount of Medals some time. (PerryJ's con)

If you have other pros or cons, let me know.

What about the time you have to beat?
At first I was thinking the time of the record holder (Source from THIS thread), but then it will be difficult to get even 1 Platinum medal and if someone's obtain a Platninum medal, @Riley will be too busy to update his thread. No, what about the Platinum medal time if 2-3 seconds faster than Gold. In some cases where there aren't a lot of shortcuts, the Platinum medal will be 1 second faster than Gold.

Thank you for reading this suggestion
-Mega

Last edited:

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm affraid that we still have the same problem after a while. People on the leaderboard are tryhard enough to get all those platinum medals. Eventually most people will still have the same amount of medals again and the leaderboard will look boring again. Don't get me wrong. I like the suggestion and I would like to see this getting implemented together with achievements, but this will not be the solution if we talk about the leaderboard. My opinion though.

Reactions: Josher

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
I'm affraid that we still have the same problem after a while. People on the leaderboard are tryhard enough to get all those platinum medals. Eventually most people will still have the same amount of medals again and the leaderboard will look boring again. Don't get me wrong. I like the suggestion and I would like to see this getting implemented together with achievements, but this will not be the solution if we talk about the leaderboard. My opinion though.
It's not really a suggestion to fix the leaderboard problem. I know the leaderboard will be filled again with the same amount of medals. But it'll be hard to get platinum medals. Maybe if the platinum medal is 3-4 seconds faster than Gold on Easy parkour, 4-5 seconds for Medium (in some case of insane shortcuts), 5 seconds for Hard (in some cases of insane shortcuts). And still this will not fix that leaderboard thing, but that will take a while to beat a hard parkour 5 seconds or more faster than your record or Gold medal.

EDIT: I compared Aqua level 1 record with the gold medal and there's a gap of 27 seconds! I think we can increase the time of Platinum medals to 15 or 20 seconds.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
Well as I said in my previous post I'm all for it. Nothing wrong with boosting some new life into Parkour again.
I know this isn't a suggestion to fix the leaderboard although this was one of my cons about your suggestion.

Reactions: Sophie and Megaaa

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
Well as I said in my previous post I'm all for it. Nothing wrong with boosting some new life into Parkour again.
I know this isn't a suggestion to fix the leaderboard although this was one of my cons about your suggestion.
I know those are your cons about the suggestion. That's why we have to tackle as much cons as possible. But, unfortunately this one is inevitable. :(

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I’d like to see this come in game! But rather not on east, easy is for someone like me, not good at parkour and just doing it because we can, I just got almost all gold ones. Let’s not at platinum. In medium and hard I have the feeling it’s more to really be better at parkour so adding a new medal to receive if you’re very very fast seems like an amazing idea! The leaderboard problem doesn’t really bother me, so that’s that.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom