Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be a way to spectate games in real time without dying?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

S0UL

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2020
United States
So I'm not sure if this suggestion has been made prior, but I thought it would be neat to have a way to spectate the game modes. For instance, say I'm too busy to really focus on gameplay right? Maybe I'm eating, or working on some homework, or listening to music, etc... Would it not be cool to have the option to spectate a game in progress. Or even if it's limited to parties like if you get invited to a party that is mid-game. Spectating them while you wait would be an easy way to pass the time. If this never gets implemented it's not like I'm gonna lose my head over it or anything, but I do think it would be a neat idea. Feel free to reply with your thoughts on this though. I would like to see how crazy this idea is.

Reactions: m3nt05p3r50n

m3nt05p3r50n

Mar 29, 2020
UK
I was thinking that too. I think it would be cool to at least spectate a game if you've just been invited mid-game.

Reactions: S0UL

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
So I'm not sure if this suggestion has been made prior, but I thought it would be neat to have a way to spectate the game modes. For instance, say I'm too busy to really focus on gameplay right? Maybe I'm eating, or working on some homework, or listening to music, etc... Would it not be cool to have the option to spectate a game in progress. Or even if it's limited to parties like if you get invited to a party that is mid-game. Spectating them while you wait would be an easy way to pass the time. If this never gets implemented it's not like I'm gonna lose my head over it or anything, but I do think it would be a neat idea. Feel free to reply with your thoughts on this though. I would like to see how crazy this idea is.
You could spectate games that your friends are in and tell them where that bad peeps are. this would be abused sooooooo much. -1 from me

Reactions: YoungPablo and S0UL

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
Ever heard of discord streaming?

SweetPotato__

Novice Member
Mar 16, 2020
USA
This would be abused soooo much, people would get in calls and talk to their friends about the opponents defences, armour, and where they are. -1 from me

quervy

Nov 21, 2019
That would be amazing. +1

D

Deleted member 469419

I personally like your idea, but maybe should be good modify it a bit.

I propose that this get added, but when a friend invites you to the party he'll stay wherever he is and an invitation will send to him just to confirm want to join into the game.
Why this? I've read a lot of comments saying no because because abused.

To avoid possible abuses cases both players will have to accept an invitation to spectate a game.

Reactions: S0UL

S0UL

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2020
United States
This would be abused soooo much, people would get in calls and talk to their friends about the opponents defences, armour, and where they are. -1 from me
But a simple fix to this abuse would be to disable chat abilities while in spectator mode. Of course, there are other methods like discord, but either way, if you are teamed with someone you're gonna be giving them info about the enemy team feel? It would be the same as if you were dead except in this scenario you wouldn't be playing the game at all.

S0UL

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2020
United States
I personally like your idea, but maybe should be good modify it a bit.

I propose that this get added, but when a friend invites you to the party he'll stay wherever he is and an invitation will send to him just to confirm want to join into the game.
Why this? I've read a lot of comments saying no because because abused.

To avoid possible abuses cases both players will have to accept an invitation to spectate a game.
That's another really good possible counter to people abusing this. Thanks for the input!

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands

I like the Idea, but I think it will be abused and that will give you an advantage against the rest, it is a Yes for me if cube will find a way to make abusing it impossible!

Reactions: S0UL and Axyy

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
It's a no from me. As mentioned above, this can easily be abused and I really don't see a way Cube can make it not abusable.

For example, if you're spectating a friend of yours, it's not fair for your friend's opponent. However, this is already a possibility since you can join solo games with a party. I'm really not a fan of it so, I'm voting no because I don't even want to imagine how many people are going to spectate random games and completely "screw" it up by private messaging the game players.

Reactions: S0UL and Lozora
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom