Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
It would be nice yes, but I don’t think it’s actually possible to make.I get kicked only when my internet completely isn’t working.If it doesn’t work for others like that then it will be yes

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Please look for past suggestions about this subject. There are tons of suggestions about this and everyone agrees with some negative points.

Especially in Eggwars, this would be a really good functionality. Though, it should be used and programmed correctly.

I personally agree with adding something like this, but as for Eggwars there are some things that shouldn't be possible with such a function.

Reactions: BroodjeBaksteen

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I don’t think it’s actually possible to make
but as for Eggwars there are some things that shouldn't be possible with such a function.
if you disconnect and reconnect, you die. it's simple.

dont think i need to explain this, but if you die then you lose your items, and if you have no egg then you dont respawn. really, the only thing you need to do for it to be balanced in eggwars.

Reactions: BroodjeBaksteen
Aug 25, 2017
It would be nice yes, but I don’t think it’s actually possible to make.I get kicked only when my internet completely isn’t working.If it doesn’t work for others like that then it will be yes
It already exists on some other servers I believe.

Aug 25, 2017
Please look for past suggestions about this subject. There are tons of suggestions about this and everyone agrees with some negative points.

Especially in Eggwars, this would be a really good functionality. Though, it should be used and programmed correctly.

I personally agree with adding something like this, but as for Eggwars there are some things that shouldn't be possible with such a function.
I apologize but I merely want to bring attention to it as good suggestions people make are often being forgotten about though they exist and would do no harm implementing. You can easily balance a feature like this for long lasting games like TD or eggwars by adding a penalty that compensates for your inactivity during the round. As long as you are not in the game you cannot contribute to your team unless you join and respawn.

At last, sorry for my poor English but I did not want to go through the effort of editing my thread as long as it is comprehensible and shares a clear picture of my suggestion.

Aug 25, 2017
User BringMeTheHorizon ♠ posted a video, on this server this is actually a feature. You have a limited amount of time to rejoin before the game officially disconnects you and if your internet is temporarily shut down by the time you are able to log back on you have lost more time than is worth playing for.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Though, it should be used and programmed correctly.
I'd prefer my functions not coded correctly tbh.

As for the suggestion, I think there are other priorities, I disconnect somewhat regularly and honestly I usually dont really mind.
Most of my disconnects usually result in me having to restart some tech and by the time I get it fixed up I would've been behind on loot on the rest of the game anyways. Also, Eggwars is a really fast-paced game most of the time, players disconnecting would still need to have a hitbox somewhere on their island to prevent trolling etc. you'd probably be dead already by the time you'd reconnect.

Reactions: remio

Flasser

Jan 2, 2019
www.cubecraft.net
I agree, but this has been suggested so many times.

Please look up your suggestion before you post it, to check if its a duplicate post.

_Yukii

Sep 21, 2018
Since someone is bound to once disconnect due to their internet, the server or perhaps because you accidently clicked the disconnect button while they were just trying to adjust something in their settings. Wouldn't it be handy if you were able to reconnect to the game you were just playing?
me parece una muy buena idea esto

_Yukii

Sep 21, 2018
Since someone is bound to once disconnect due to their internet, the server or perhaps because you accidently clicked the disconnect button while they were just trying to adjust something in their settings. Wouldn't it be handy if you were able to reconnect to the game you were just playing?
ojala pueda hacerse realidad esta idea

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
You seem like a mature person and I understand wanting to bring attention to the subject although it has been made previously.
I would suggest going through the old ones, picking up a few debate to start a new one, like a suggestion to counter what not.

Sorry, how should I address you? I went to check your gender but it wasn't stated. Would "They/them" be fine? I'll stick with OP for now.
A suggestion thread was made so to pay my respects, I will do my best to think of ways to push it forward and hoping it will come to a conclusion we can all agree on :fantamug:.

To dive in more to the details:
Lets say you really do end up disconnecting. What would happen to your character?
Would it log out as well or stay there. If it logs out, where will the items go?
How can we counter players from exploiting
If it doesn't log out, will your character still be able to loot if you're on a generator, will you be killable?

It may seem like a few silly questions but if it helps anyone or the OP to come up with more suggestions to help this, I'm sure that'll be great.
I never tried another server so I can't speak from experience but you guys may have.
Talk to each other and discuss. If it doesn't go well, that's fine, I'm sure it'll help with your future suggestion(s)!

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
Lets say you really do end up disconnecting. What would happen to your character?
Would it log out as well or stay there. If it logs out, where will the items go?
If it doesn't log out, will your character still be able to loot if you're on a generator, will you be killable?
I'd say, it would be as if you get killed by the /kill command. Your items will drop on the ground (or in the void if you log out in the void). When you log back on, it would be as if you were killed. In games with more than one life, you'll respawn after a few seconds (maybe a bit longer so you can't exploit by logging out instead of jumping in the void to protect your egg in games like eggwars). In games where you only have one life, you'll get put in spectator mode.

Reactions: BugReportado

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
I'd say, it would be as if you get killed by the /kill command. Your items will drop on the ground (or in the void if you log out in the void). When you log back on, it would be as if you were killed. In games with more than one life, you'll respawn after a few seconds (maybe a bit longer so you can't exploit by logging out instead of jumping in the void to protect your egg in games like eggwars). In games where you only have one life, you'll get put in spectator mode.

Some players may not like it but I think this is fine.
Especially when you're with friends in, lets say, skywars.
Flying in spec mode while waiting your friends is way better than just wondering what's going on and how long it'll take.
More so when they are dealing with campers or players who just run away and destroy everything behind (haha).
Yeah, I do like this. Not sure how I feel about the eggwars version though.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
There are two different ways we could go about this:
  1. Your character gets turned to a "villager" - That villager can easily get killed, even more easily than you (armor + fighting back).
  2. You die.

More details for 1: Once you disconnect, you will get turned into a defenseless villager, that can be easily killed by anyone. That way, people can't abuse the disconnect feature to escape an enemy. Issue arises when people put blocks around you to protect you though, so we have the second option;

More details for 2: You die. If you were in Skywars, you get sent back to the game as a Spectator. If you were in Eggwars, if you still had an egg, you lose all your resources, but are still capable of playing. If you do not have an egg, however, then you become a spectator.
Answered previously ^
The items would still be in the Villager. In the case of Skywars, once the Villager gets killed, all your original items would drop. I don't know if that's too hard to code, and if it is, then the second option seems viable.
You don't drop your items in Eggwars, so this doesn't matter here.
Option two.
You will not be able to loot, no. You will be killable, yes. If you choose option one. If you choose option two, then I think you understand the point.
Some players may not like it but I think this is fine.
If they don't like it, they should just not rejoin in the first place. It's like the rejoin command never existed in the first place. Doesn't affect them, does it?
Yeah, I do like this. Not sure how I feel about the eggwars version though.
Mind explaining what you don't like? If the aforementioned solutions don't work for you, I could still find more ways to help fix it and make it pseudo-impossible to exploit.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
More details for 1: Once you disconnect, you will get turned into a defenseless villager, that can be easily killed by anyone. That way, people can't abuse the disconnect feature to escape an enemy. Issue arises when people put blocks around you to protect you though, so we have the second option;
I don't like this, the second option or the way I described it (almost the same) is better. An issue could also be if people log out in the void or somewhere else where it's hard to access them and don't die. To add on mine if it's not obvoius: you need to have your egg alive to be able to respawn. Otherwise you'll just respawn as a spectator as in the games with only one life.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I don't like this, the second option or the way I described it (almost the same) is better. An issue could also be if people log out in the void or somewhere else where it's hard to access them and don't die. To add on mine if it's not obvoius: you need to have your egg alive to be able to respawn. Otherwise you'll just respawn as a spectator as in the games with only one life.
There's a reason I gave two options. : p
If you don't like one then the other would work, if you don't like either, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Good morning all ❤️ have a nice day ☀️
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Catss's profile.
Thank you for everything you do it
Good luck in you life
GiGaGekkies wrote on Begijntje's profile.
Een late felicitatie!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Critly's profile.
Nog gefeliciteerd
4Moonlightt wrote on Catss's profile.
Thank you for everything <3
Top Bottom