• Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DjaroGames

Mar 10, 2017
Optifine is overpowered in quakecraft.I'll explain.

In optifine you zoom in a lot by pressing 'C' (If your FOV is at max (110 / Quake Pro) by pressing C it becomes 30, and if your FOV is at normal it becomes even smaller.)

Say I want to shoot that NPC in green leather armour over there
GPIUjYt.jpg

Almost impossible, right? From this distance it is so far away you can barely see it.
Now with zoom:
PucBUt4.jpg

easy kill.

This is so overpowered. You basically get a sniper scope by pressing 'C'.
But where it gets really overpowered:

Normally it is strong at long distances but very bad at close range because it has this sway thing where it slowly gets faster and slower. But..
You see that 'toggle cinematic camera' button
7S7pWhZ.png

If you rebind it to 'C' it will not have sway.

So tap 'C' every time you want to use it and now you have a functional sniper scope without the cinematic camera thing.

This allowed me to easily get killstreaks of over 15 in every map. You can't ban optifine because many people can't play the game without it. There is also no way to detect someone zooming since it is entirely client-side. There is no way to prevent this, and people who don't do it have a huge disadventage.

https://imgur.com/a/SJ7zz

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Actually, when you use your zoom, you have to be very concentrated to hit your opponent.
You can be shot while zooming because you have to stand still, so I don't think it's overpowered.
It's just a little nice feature to increase your fps and to zoom, that's it.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't need the zoom button to kill someone. For some players It's a great tool, but like @RemiO05 said you can't see anything around you while zooming. If I see you standing still you're mine. In my opinion It's not overpowered.

Reactions: remio

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I guess there should be a new tip in the waiting lobby: Use Optifine!
Wouldn’t surprise me if there already is one though, as I don’t check tips all too often .
Oof no. If it really does give an advantage it has to be banned. If it doesn't, there is no need for the tip.
I didn't try quakecraft with optifine, so I can't tell wether it is an advantage. But mods that do give an advantage should not be allowed.

wietparkiet

Novice Member
Mar 29, 2017
Belgium - Antwerp
I don't think this gives an advantage or is op at all, it might sound weird but I would almost call it a waste of time, especially in games like quakecraft

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
When you are zoomed the mouse doesn't move strictly, it's highly accelerated so it's almost impossible to aim. It's got a huge disadvantage and quake is so fast paced that by time you've zoomed you're already dead, it's probably best to just shoot normally.

Reactions: StanEXE and Dutudy

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
But i'm clicking fast on C to zoom and i get a kill
You can't even aim if you use the zoom for 1/2 seconds. And that's not his point. He means that your sensitivity goes down if you use the zoom feature, and it accelerates if you move your mouse fast.
He also means that using the zoom actually gives you a disadvantage, because quake is very fast paced and you don't even have the time to use the zoom. You are dead if you stand still for 2 seconds, that's quake craft.

D

Deleted member 59979

If anything its a disadvantage on quake. The game is far too fast paced for optifine zooming and its just as accurate and easy to do it without the zooming. Its not op on quake and if anything its more op on other games.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
but on quakecraft it can be sometimes op for players but on they most games its not
How? On what maps? In the most maps there are many curves and buildings, so using the optifine zoom is actually just a disadvantage, because your sensitivity is being slowed down and you can't even have a normal fight while zooming in.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
Not one to normally complain about this type of stuff here but the amount of people using auto-clickers on the new bedwars game is vile. Even a few on the leaderboards which is just something else.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom